Only changes to plan is drive-thru
By Jeff Widmer
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
It appears as if Dunkin Donuts will be coming to Carnegie.
There had been some question as to whether the developer, Heartland Restaurant Group, may abandon the project because PennDOT did not want a drive-thru at Mansfield Boulevard and Chestnut Street.
At a planning commission meeting earlier this month, however, representatives of Heartland agreed that the drive-thru will not be at that intersection, said Carnegie Borough Council President Rick D'Loss.
Heartland will be permitted to have a drive-thru at the Dunkin Donuts. Where that will be, however, is not known at this time, D'Loss said.
Heartland owns all of the Dunkin Donuts in western Pennsylvania.
Also, it appears as though the Dunkin Donuts, to be built at the former North Star Chevrolet site, will now have 46 parking spaces. It will be a 7,000-square-foot retail center.
This will leave enough room for three more establishments, said Mayor Jack Kobistek. It still is not clear what other businesses will be recruited to go there, he said.
During the fall, D'Loss hinted that council was working to bring in a well-known retail establishment, perhaps a restaurant, to fill one of the slots at that site.
Whatever happens, Dunkin Donuts will not be open until sometime next year, at the earliest.
Jeff Widmer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5810 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Friend of man accused in soldier's death arrested at BBC after interview
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Smoking in school costs New Florence man more than a fine
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.