Only changes to plan is drive-thru
It appears as if Dunkin Donuts will be coming to Carnegie.
There had been some question as to whether the developer, Heartland Restaurant Group, may abandon the project because PennDOT did not want a drive-thru at Mansfield Boulevard and Chestnut Street.
At a planning commission meeting earlier this month, however, representatives of Heartland agreed that the drive-thru will not be at that intersection, said Carnegie Borough Council President Rick D'Loss.
Heartland will be permitted to have a drive-thru at the Dunkin Donuts. Where that will be, however, is not known at this time, D'Loss said.
Heartland owns all of the Dunkin Donuts in western Pennsylvania.
Also, it appears as though the Dunkin Donuts, to be built at the former North Star Chevrolet site, will now have 46 parking spaces. It will be a 7,000-square-foot retail center.
This will leave enough room for three more establishments, said Mayor Jack Kobistek. It still is not clear what other businesses will be recruited to go there, he said.
During the fall, D'Loss hinted that council was working to bring in a well-known retail establishment, perhaps a restaurant, to fill one of the slots at that site.
Whatever happens, Dunkin Donuts will not be open until sometime next year, at the earliest.
Jeff Widmer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Shell shovels millions into proposed Beaver County plant site
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- McCandless woman 1st in region with implant aimed at halting seizures
- Biertempfel: Players, MLB agree logic of season’s setup needs to be examined