Free parking offered in Carnegie through end of year
By Jeff Widmer
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 8:51 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012
Once again, Carnegie Borough takes another route to pump up the shopping season in the borough.
Called “Holiday Cheer for the Carnegie Business Community,” Carnegie is again offering free parking at all borough parking meters until the end of the year.
For more information, call Carnegie Borough at 412-276-1414.
Carnegie dog park
The dog park at Carnegie Park on Forsythe Road is near completion and is tentatively scheduled for an opening date of late spring 2013.
To ensure a quality facility, it is required for the newly-planted grass to take two growing seasons before it can handle heavy use. Until its opening, the dog park will be off limits to the public.
Light Up Night
All residents are invited to the Carnegie Borough Light Up Night, to be held Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m.
The event will be held at the PNC Bank parking lot at 2 West Main St. Santa Claus will be there, and hot chocolate, coffee and cookies will be served.
For more information, call 412-276-1414.
Jeff Widmer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5810 or email@example.com.
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- Mt. Pleasant’s Penn Theater building coming down
- U.S., Taliban to formally talk peace
- Mt. Pleasant district has superintendent candidate
- Mt. Pleasant Community Yard Sale set for Saturday
- Southmoreland board plans vote on spending plan
- Landmark Fallowfield DQ has new owners
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.