Oktoberfest in Collier scheduled for Saturday
By Jeff Widmer
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 9:30 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 4, 2012
Numerous municipalities are holding their Octoberfest celebrations in September this year.
This includes Collier.
The township's second annual “Oktoberfest” celebration is scheduled for Saturday. It will be held from noon until 11 p.m. at the lower-level parking lot of the Collier Municipal Building.
Froggy Radio once again will be part of the celebration this year, with Danger Frog and Mr. Froggy. They also will bring their final 2012 Hometown Country Tour to Oktoberfest.
The music lineup will include Randy Houser, Ruff Creek, Shawn & Hobby, Backwood Playboys and Timothy Earl.
Vendors will include Pittsburgh Bottleshop Cafe, Texas Roadhouse, Pitaland, and local volunteer fire departments.
For more information, call the township at 412-279-2525.
The Collier Township Board of Commissioners still is looking for one alternate for its Civil Service Commission.
Anyone interested can send a letter to the Collier Township Commissioners at 2418 Hilltop Road, Presto, PA 15142.
Collier has at least three Halloween events scheduled for October.
• A “Night Walk on the Panhandle Trail” has been a popular Halloween event in the township since 2000. Festivities begin at 7. The Rennerdale youth group will carve more than 100 pumpkins to be set out along a half-mile stretch of the trail, from the bridge near the Walkers Mill trailhead to the Sunnyside entrance.
Bonfires will light the night and hot chocolate will be served by Collier Friends of the Panhandle Trail. Children, adults and volunteers are encouraged to wear costumes. The event is free.
Parking will be available in the public works yard at 110 Noblestown Road.
For updates, go to www.panhandletrail.org.
• A week later on Oct. 27, a Halloween parade will be held at 12:30 p.m. at Webb Field. The parade starts a half-hour later; everyone in costume must register before that time to be eligible for the treat bag and prizes.
Every child in costume receives a treat bag. Cookies and drinks will be served by the Rennerdale Volunteer Fire Department, which is sponsoring the event.
For more information, call John Kripp at 412-276-4252.
• Finally, trick-or-treat in Collier this year will take place Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Jeff Widmer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JA program offers different kind of lesson to Carnegie Elementary students
- Cadidates list for Crafton, Carnegie, Scott, neighboring communities’ races
- Preparations continue for ‘A Day on the Avenue’
- Keystone Oaks listed high in school rankings
- Family won’t open Carnegie’s Forsythe Miniature Golf and Snacks this summer
- Carlynton board renews various contracts
- Local dance studios prepare for annual spring recitals
- Around Town: Spring continues with more store openings locally
- Sports-minded O’Brien connects with Bridgeville audience
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.