Carnegie council, firefighters at odds over bookkeeper
Published: Monday, October 1, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Weeks after it appeared relations between Carnegie Borough Council and its volunteer fire department were improving, another snag came along.
After months of negotiations, borough council last month hired Peekz Consulting, an accounting/bookkeeping service firm in Pittsburgh. This was done, council said, following a verbal agreement with fire department officials.
At borough council's caucus meeting Monday night, borough councilman Mike Sarsfield said the two sides had a verbal agreement on the bookkeeper, which would conduct monthly bookkeeping services for the department at borough costs.
“All I can tell you is that I am shocked, dismayed and frustrated,” Sarsfield said.
Carnegie Solicitor Joe Lucas will meet with fire department solicitor and Carnegie attorney Dan DeMarco in the coming weeks in the hopes of resolving the situation, Sarsfield said.
There are currently no comments for this story.
- Congratulations extended to couple recently married in Green Tree
- ‘Club kid’ takes over as director of Carnegie Boys & Girls Club
- Carnegie Screenwriters’ short film about ketchup long on irony
- Taking a trip down memory lane in Bridgeville with local historian
- Secession supporters in Rosslyn Farms file appeal
- Meals on Wheels expanding into Bridgeville
- Kennedy likely new police chief in Carnegie
- Sept. 12, 1918, ‘Bridgeville Signal’ covered Carnegie, Bridgeville
- Green Tree woman is makeup artist to the stars