Couple married at Nemacolin Woodlands before settling into Scott home
Congratulations to Chuck Pfeffer of Carnegie and Kelly McDowell of Gibsonia, who were united in marriage on Nov. 2, at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort.
Chuck is the son of Darlene and the late Charles Pfeffer of Carnegie, and Kelly is the daughter of the late Linda and the late George McDowell.
The newlyweds are residing in Scott Township and will honeymoon to Hawaii in 2013.
• Happy 85th birthday to Paul C. Herrmann of Crafton, who celebrated Nov. 26.
Paul was born in Carnegie and is the father of Chip (Michale) Herrmann of Rosslyn Farms and Heidi Herrmann-Lysaght of Crafton.
He is the brother of Bernice Herrmann of Carnegie, grandfather of Julia (Dan) Herrmann-Foster and Bridget Herrmann and has three great-grandchildren – Jack, Max and Emma.
• Happy eighth birthday to Taylor Jane Zaletski, who celebrates on Friday. She is the daughter of Kelly and Joe Zaletski of Carnegie and little sister of Hanna.
• Happy 56th birthday wishes are sent to John Blain of Carnegie, who celebrates on Friday.
John is the husband of Peggy Blain and is step-dad to Heather Rosenberger.
• Luke Joseph Rosswog celebrates his second birthday on Dec. 10. Luke is the son of Stephanie (Walnoha) and Brian Rosswog of Carnegie. His maternal grandparents are Christine and Joseph Walnoha of Carnegie and paternal grandparents are Marcy and Dave Rosswog of Valencia.
• Happy 89th birthday to Rosemary Kouche of Heidelberg who celebrates on Friday with family and friends.
• Happy birthday to Lynne Aschenbrenner Firanski, a hairstylist at Ultra Classic Salon in Carnegie, who celebrates on Dec. 11.
Lynne is the mother of Taylor and Karlie.
• Happy third birthday to Kody Lattner of Carnegie, who celebrates on Dec. 9. Kody is the son of Kami and Robert Lattner and little brother of Tyler Fanelli.
• Palmer Theodore Weil celebrates his third birthday on Dec. 10.
Palmer is the son of Julie and Bill Weil and has a little brother, Raylan.
He is the grandchild of Debbie and Ted Popivchak of Rosslyn Heights and great-grandchild of retired Carnegie police Secretary Sophie Popivchak.
• Happy birthday to Frank Tokar, who celebrates Dec. 10 with his wife, Janie, and to his daughter, Cathy Tokar Lamb, who celebrates on Dec. 17 with her husband, Lonnie.
Cathy is the owner of Ultra Classic Salon in Carnegie.
• Taylor Christman of Carnegie celebrates her 21st birthday Dec. 10. She is the daughter of Cindy and Mike Christman.
• Happy 22nd birthday to Kelsey Verikas of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on Dec. 10. Kelsey is the daughter of Berni and Dale Verikas and is a senior at Bethany College.
• Happy birthday to twins Mary Ferro and Vincent Ferro of Carnegie, who celebrate on Dec. 11.
Vincent is the husband of Kathy and they have one son, Vince. Mary and Mr. Ferro are familiar faces to the Carlynton School District with their many musical talents. Mary and Vince are the children of the late Leonard and the late Jane Ferro of Carnegie. Mary is Mom to Adrienne, Michael and Gabrielle. Vince and his wife Kathy have one son, Vince Jr. and Vince is stepdad to Amanda. Vince is the music teacher at Carnegie Elementary School.
• Zoey Noel Miller celebrates her fourth birthday on Saturday. Zoey is the daughter of Natalie (DeRiso) and Joe Miller. Mom Natalie celebrates her 39th birthday on Dec. 23.
• Cheryl Klapach DeRiso is Zoey's maternal grandmother and Louisa Klapach of Rosslyn Heights is Zoey's maternal great-grandmother.
• Tom Wilmus of Rosslyn Heights celebrates his birthday on Saturday with his wife, Karen, and kids Todd (Kristen), Tara (Jason) Smith, Michael (Anne) and Lauren. Tom also has two grandsons, Brayden and Cameron.
• Maria Schepis Nadik of Cubbage Hill celebrates her birthday on Saturday. She is the wife of Tim Nadik and mom to Tim, Domenique and Brent.
• Happy birthday to Jay Steinberger of Steinberger Tile and Flooring, who celebrates with family and friends on Dec. 10.
• Birthdays this week include Gerry Lieder, Craig Woods, Nicole Thornburg Fodor, Brian Naccarelli, Lizzie Lewellyn, Linda Celli, Rick D'Loss, Raymond Teyssier, Everett Rodriguez, Jeff Ward and Lindsay Handerhan.
• The Christian Mothers and Guild of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton will hold their annual cookie sale on Saturday from 2 to 6 p.m.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jack Dunmyer of Carnegie celebrates his 57th birthday on Dec. 11.
Jack is the husband of Mary Cay and they have three children – Nick (Stephanie) Dunmyer, Kristen (Jeffrey) D'Eramo and Katie (David) Zinski.
Jack and Mary Cay also have four grandchildren – Ryan, Megan and Kylie Dunmyer and Isabella D'Eramo.