Cubbage Hill baby christened at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
By Cindy Babish Schultz
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 8:54 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Natalie Rose Yurchak was christened at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church on Dec. 2, 2012. Natalie is the daughter of Katie and Joseph Yurchak III of Cubbage Hill.
Maternal grandparents are Debbie and Terry Sexton of Coraopolis, and paternal grandparents are Lisa and Rob Porter of Bethel Park and Marianne and Joseph Yurchak Jr. of Carnegie.
Great-grandparents include Judy and the late Joseph Yurchak of Carnegie, Norma and Ed Trillow of Coraopolis, Maggie Belcastro and Irene Sexton.
• Happy 70th birthday to Rick Funaro, who celebrated on Nov. 9. Rick is the husband of Barb, and they have twin daughters, Jennifer (Chuck) Partyka and Julie (Craig) Caffarelli. They have four grandchildren – Mason and Adam Partyka, and Thomas and Caroline Caffarelli.
• Happy 22nd birthday to Alicia Kleer, who celebrated on Dec. 5 and to her mother, Cheryl Kleer, who celebrated her birthday on Dec. 11. Alicia is a senior at Penn State University.
• Amy Hanlovich celebrates her birthday on Saturday, and her husband Tom celebrates his on Sunday. The Hanlovichs live in Robinson Township.
• Congratulations to Katie and Howard Kastle on the birth of a son. Jarek Henley Kastle was born Nov. 17 and weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces. Paternal grandparents are Ronda and Howard Kastle Jr. of Crafton, and his maternal grandmother is Janet Aston of Crafton. Great-grandparents include Frances Hrubovcak of Crafton and Mickey and Bonnie Haney of Oakdale.
• Officer Larry Gump of the Carnegie Police Department celebrates his birthday on Dec 19.
• Nick Keifner of Collier Township celebrates his 17th birthday today. Nick is the son of Lu Ann and Tom Keifner and is a junior at Chartiers Valley High School.
• Tony Downey of Collier Township and co-owner of Downey's House on Route 60 in Robinson Township will celebrate his birthday on Dec. 19 with his wife, Heather, and two girls, Becca and Chloe.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Betty “Boop” Turney of Carnegie, who celebrates on Friday, from her family, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Betty is mom to Louise Huehn, Nancy (Joe) Turko and the late Don Turney, Jr.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Nikole Aston, who celebrates on Friday. Nikole is the daughter of Kym Aston and Walter Parker and is proud mom of son Jaylen Aston, who is 18.
• There will be many candles blown out this month for the Joan Bryan family on Colecrest Street: granddaughter Elizabeth Lewellyn on Dec. 8; grandson, Jimmy Bryan on Dec. 10; grandson, Nicholas Bryan on Dec. 24; son-in-law, Chris McMullen on Dec. 25; and Joan Bryan on Dec. 27.
• Happy 18th birthday to Kaitlin Cantley, who celebrates on Dec. 17, from her mom and dad, Kathleen and Marc Cantley, and brother, Brandan. Kaitlin is a senior at Carlynton High School.
• Stormy Sgro, four-legged son of Theresa Sgro of Carnegie, will celebrate his seventh birthday on Dec. 17. Stormy had his annual Christmas photo taken with Santa Claus at the Robinson Mall last week.
• Happy 17th birthday to Joshua Young, who celebrates on Dec. 16 and to his sister, Dawn Young, who celebrates her 14th on Dec. 26.
• Carrie Ann and Christopher Schade will celebrate their 35th birthdays on Dec. 19. They are the children of Mary Anne and Andy Schade of Carnegie.
• Birthdays this week include Gwenn Kiefer, Larry Weigner, Charmaine Houghton, Mary Zalesky Zawilla, Cathy Lamb, Marilyn Stewart, Ed Bogats, Dean Baker, Phil Steiner and Jane McFarland.
• Happy 38th wedding anniversary to Rhonda and Tony Morris, who celebrate on Friday. Tony is a 1973 graduate of Chartiers Valley High School and they reside in Boynton Beach, Fla.
• Jack Dunmyer of Carnegie celebrated his 57th birthday on Dec. 11. Jack is the husband of Mary Cay and they have three children – Nick (Stephanie) Dunmyer, Kristen (Jeffrey) D'Eramo and Katie (David) Zinski.
Jack and Mary Cay also have four grandchildren — Ryan, Megan and Kylie Dunmyer and Isabella D'Eramo.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a freelance columnist for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carnegie Memorial Day parade kept alive
- Carlynton Junior High team engineers device for first place in competition
- Pastin: Forsythe’s mini golf was pleasant diversion, a cheap thrill
- JA program offers different kind of lesson to Carnegie Elementary students
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.