South Fayette girl, Carnegie guy tie nuptial knot and settle in Bethel Park
Congratulations to Lindsay Snak and Wayne Polley, who were married on Dec. 1, at Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park by Pastor Chris Morgan.
The bride's parents are Janet Snak and James Openbrier of South Fayette, and Joseph and Mimi Snak of Carnegie. Her grandparents are Joan and Myron Yeates of Carnegie and the late Rose and Joseph W. Snak of Carnegie. The groom's parents are Julia and Richard Polley of Townville, and his grandparents are Mary Ann and Richard Polley Sr., of Jamestown, and the late Lucy Irene and Thomas Osborne.
The reception was held at St. John the Baptist Cathedral Center in Munhall.
The couple honeymooned at Excellence Punta Resort, Domincan Republic. They live in Bethel Park.
• Happy 52nd birthday to Dave Dulick of Crafton, who celebrates on Dec. 30. Dave is the husband of Tammy and they have two sons, Jake and Eddie.
• Gordon Giffin of Giffin Interiors in Bridgeville celebrates his 56th birthday on Dec. 31 with his wife Debbie, family and friends.
• Happy third wedding anniversary to Cassie (Megyesy) and Adam Mishkin of Crafton, who will celebrate on New Year's Eve.
Cassie is the daughter of Claire and Tim Megyesy, and Adam is the son of Maggie and Rand Mishkin of Crafton.
• Happy 21st birthday to Brianna Schade, a junior at Penn State, who celebrates her birthday on New Year's Day.
Brianna is the daughter of Pat Schade and the granddaughter of Mary Ann and Andy Schade of Carnegie.
• Happy birthday to Larry Byerly of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates his 87th on Dec. 31.
Larry and his wife, Irma, have been married for 66 years. Irma and Larry have two sons, Mike (Jeanne) Byerly of Carnegie and George (Brooke) Byerly of Harrisburg.
They also have four grandchildren – Katie, Jonathan, Matthew and Bryan.
• Steven Bevan of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate his 20th birthday on New Year's Day.
He is the son of Cindy and Rich Bevan, and is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati.
• Janet Trecki of Rosslyn Heights celebrates another year Dec. 30. She is the wife of John Trecki and they are the parents of Mandi, Nicole, John Jr., Jason and Breanna. They also have four grandchildren – Anthony, J.T., Pammy and Danielle.
• Happy birthday wishes to Carl Zenone of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates Saturday with his wife, Angela (Falleroni), and their daughter, Izabella.
• Caleigh Jane Lynch of Carnegie celebrates her third birthday on Dec. 30. Caleigh is the daughter of Kelli (Jett) and Curt Lynch and has a big brother, Cole Jacob, who is 8.
• Dr. Charles Sakai celebrates his 62nd birthday on Saturday with friends and family.
Doc is the husband of Gale and the father of Scott (Chrissy) of Waynesburg, Lindsay (Sam) Alloway of Moon, and Drew (Brandon) Enochs of Imperial. Doc and Gale have four grandchildren – Jonathan Sakai, Keegan and Logan Alloway and Charlie Jo Enochs.
Dr. Sakai has been a dentist in the Crafton area for many years.
• Happy 39th wedding anniversary to Denise (Pitrone) and Frank Guarnaccio of Rennerdale, who celebrate on Friday. Denise and Frank are the parents of three daughters – Deanna (Blaine) Mountain, Tina (Shane) Morford and Alicia. They also have three grandchildren, Dylan, Gia and Frankie.
• Happy 81st birthday to Joan (McIntyre) Bryan of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates today, Thursday, with a family party. She is the wife of the late Jack Bryan, who died in 2009.
Joan and Jack are the parents of Susan Davis, Jeffrey Bryan, Jill Bryan, Nancy (Chris) McMullen, Daniel (Cassie) Bryan, Kenneth (Beth) Bryan, Jack (Jenny) Bryan, JoAnn Bryan, Kelly (Barry) Lewellyn and the late John (Bob) Bryan. Joan and Jack have 21 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• Noah James Harris of Scott Township celebrates his fourth birthday on Saturday.
Noah is the son of Kim Harris and grandson of Barbara Harris.
• Happy birthday to Jennifer Cook who celebrates on Jan. 4 and to her daughter, Kaden, who celebrates her fifth on Jan. 2, and to son, Keshon, who celebrates his seventh on Jan. 3.
• Debbie (Livermore) and Tom McGrogan of Carnegie celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary today, Thursday.
Debbie taught for many years at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School. She and Tom are both very active in their church.
• Happy Birthday to Mason McCartney Ball, who celebrated Dec. 17. Mason is the son of Michelle (McCartney) and Matthew Ball of West Virginia, and revered grandson of Ron and Kathy McCartney of Carnegie. Mason is the great-grandson of Barbara McCreary of Cloverleaf Estates.
• Seth Dwinga of Collier Township will celebrate his 17th birthday Dec. 30.
He is the son of Leon and Patty Dwinga, brother of Lee and Stephanie, and grandson of Anna Marie Mauti all of Collier.
• Happy 30th birthday to Joanna Abel today, Thursday, as she celebrates with her husband, family and friends.
• Birthdays this week include Tim Downey Jr., Kathy, Bennett, Lindsey Lawrence, Holly Reiss Floyd, Michael Naccarelli, Shirley Pedersen, Kayla Thornburg, Karen Liebendorfer, Janet Caiuzzi Supko, Joyce Hiles-Sarsfield, Brian Guyaux and Kim McCahill.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.