Carnegie couple celebrates birth of first child with family
By Cindy Babish Schultz
Published: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 8:43 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 3, 2013
Nicole and Chris Flaherty of Carnegie are receiving congratulations on the birth of their first child. Luke Michael Flaherty was born on Dec. 12, weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 21 inches long.
Maternal grandparents are Sue and Jim Fiori of Carnegie and paternal grandparents are Sharon and Darren Huddleson of Crafton, and Tim Flaherty of Hanover.
Happy 100th birthday to Anna Valloric, a resident of Sunrise of Upper St. Clair, who celebrated on Dec. 11 with fellow residents, friends and family over dinner, cake and a champagne toast.
Anna lived on her own in Carnegie until just this past year. Her parents, Rose and Albin Mraz, emigrated from Austria-Hungary (present day Slovak Republic) in 1910. She is the mother and mother-in-law to Jack and his wife, Sylvia, of Arlington, Va., and Jim and his wife, Diane, of South Fayette.
Another year older
Birthday greetings are sent to Arlene Yustak of Collier Township, who celebrates on Jan. 6. Arlene and her husband, Ted, are the parents of Monica (John) Zajicek, Melissa (Ken) Hackman, Marla (Bob) Malcolm and Mandy (Graham) Turnbull.
They also have 16 grandchildren — Madison, Mitchell, Noah, Caleb, Elias and Maclain Zajicek, Maya and Grace Hackman, Cian, Olan, Amaleen and Aislin Malcolm and Theron, Marian, Lilah and Rainiah Turnbull.
Happy 59th wedding anniversary to Lydia and Joe Walnoha of Scott Township, who celebrate Jan. 9. Lydia and Joe are the parents of Mary Beth, Joe, Michael, Annette and Andrew. They also have 17 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Lydia and Joe were co-owners of Struzka Hardware in Carnegie for many years.
Many birthdays this month in the Hatcher household. Zackary Wilson, son of Desi Hatcher, turns 6 on Jan. 6. Devin Hatcher, son of Todd, will be 16 on Jan. 8. Whitney Hatcher, daughter of Keith Hatcher, will be 17 on Jan. 9. Laila Hatcher, daughter of Todd Hatcher, will be 5 on Jan. 11. Randy Hatcher, son of Randy Hatcher, will be 14 on Jan. 20, along with Kaylee Goolsby, who turns 13 the same day. Cameron Hatcher, son of Todd, will be 14 on Jan. 28.
• JoAnn Bryan celebrates her birthday Jan. 9. She is the daughter of Joan and the late Jack Bryan of Cubbage Hill. JoAnn is the mother of David and Lauren Sams.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Leigh Ann (McGill) McGinnis of Carnegie, who celebrates her 28th on Jan. 5. Leigh Ann is the wife of Andy McGinnis and daughter of Debbie (Shorts) McGill.
• Drue Trombetta of Collier Township will celebrate her birthday on Jan. 9 with her husband, Frank, daughters Allie and Anna, and granddaughter Ava.
• Twins Alivia and Alexa Adamski of Carnegie celebrate their third birthday on Jan. 6 with their parents, Michael Adamski and Kristin Park. They are the grandchildren of Cathy and Paul Adamski and Janet Park.
• JoAnn (Choura) McIntosh of Carnegie celebrates another year on Jan. 6 with her husband David. JoAnn are David are the parents of two daughters, Heather (Jason) Wawrzeniak and Jamie (Jeff) Bourg. JoAnn and David have one grandson, Truman Joseph Wawrzeniak.
• Birthdays this week include Kim McCahill, Councilwoman Carol Covi, Amanda Van Goor-Woods, Joe Uzar, Maureen Nelson, Kim Eckels, Peg Bowman, and Cindy (Sutton) Peluso.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Rose Kish, who celebrates on Jan. 9. Rose is married to David Kish and they have three children — Eric, Susie and David. They are also proud of their two grandchildren, Zachary and Brianna.
• Hannah Rossi of Rosslyn Heights celebrates her birthday Jan. 10. Hannah has one son Trevor and is the daughter of Joyce and Tom Rossi of Rosslyn Heights.
• Elizabeth BeHage will celebrate her 12th birthday Jan. 10. She is the daughter of Rose BeHage of Carnegie and Colin BeHage, also of Carnegie. Elizabeth's mother, Rose, celebrates her birthday Jan. 26 and her grandma, Maria Lockhart, celebrates on Jan. 23. Maria is the wife of Ken Lockhart of Carnegie.
On the mend
Get well wishes are sent to Diana Van Goor who is recuperating from ankle surgery.
Diana and her husband, Fred, welcomed their first grandson, Anthony Karl Van Goor, into the family in December to son Karl and his wife, Stacy.
Awaiting the arrival at home were big sisters Alexandra and Adyson.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currently no comments for this story.
- Kennedy likely new police chief in Carnegie
- Open mic event in Bridgeville brews interest
- Retiring Harbin given surprise farewell by Carnegie students
- St. Philip teacher recognized by diocese with Golden Apple
- Plenty of congratulations, birthday wishes to go around
- Historian returns to Bridgeville with news of ‘Bonus Expeditionary Force’
- Sports Deli is making fresh start in new Green Tree location
- Chartiers Valley Class of 2013 was close-knit group
- Not enough evidence for dumping case in Collier
- Rosslyn Farms to remain in Carlynton School District
- Carnegie to remember local veterans with flag services