Carnegie family to celebrate first birthday for little sister
Amelia Pauline Nordeen will celebrate her first birthday on Friday.
She is the daughter of Katie (Leschak) and Josh Nordeen of Carnegie and granddaughter of the late Mike “Dickie” Leschak of Carnegie, Judie (Bednar) Plata of Oakdale, and Barb and the Rev. Bruce Nordeen of Beechview. Amelia has an older sister, Hanalee.
• Happy first birthday to Avery Rhys Hill, who celebrates on Saturday. Avery is the son of Nicole (Denk) and Elijah Hill of Crafton. Grandparents include Mark Denk of Crafton and Leah and Joe Rymasz of West Virginia. His great-grandmother is Maryann Denk of Crafton. Helping him blow out his candle were big sister and brother, Kira and Braedy.
• Declan James Cummings celebrated his first birthday on Jan. 9 with his mom and dad, Erin (Nelson) and Ryan Cummings, and big sister Meghan. Declan is the grandson of Maureen and Jim Nelson of Neville Manor and Patricia and Vincent Cummings of Harrison City. His great-grandmother is Peggy Flaherty of Scott Township.
• Lou Ann and Jeff Harbin celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary today, Thursday. They are the parents of David (Mica) of Maryland and Bryan (Nicole) of North Carolina. Lou Ann and Jeff have two granddaughters, Mallory and Ayla.
• Happy 91st birthday to Helen (Pisaniak) Drogowski, life-long resident of Carnegie, who celebrates on Jan. 14. Helen resides at the Wagner Plaza, where she continues to play a mean game of bingo. Helen and her late husband Frank, who passed away in 1991 after 48 years of marriage, raised four daughters — Kathy (Frank), Joan (Frank), Mary Jo (Ron) and Fran (Tom) Steiner. Helen has five grandchildren — Amy (Bob) Opal, Dr. Frank Steiminger, Jill (Josh) Garcia, Sam Steiner and Adam (Carianne) Steiner. She also has four great-grandchildren — Sam Steiner Jr., and Natalie, Cy and Julien Garcia.
• Birthdays this week include Jason Pruss, Tom Barth, Tim Bonner, Kelly Horak, Sarah Medwig, Nicole Flaherty, Lou Cangelier, JoAnn (McDowell) Valentine, Carmen Williams, Nicholas Kletzli and Paula Gardner.
• Many birthdays in January for the Cantley family of Carnegie. Bobbi Jo Cantley celebrates on Jan. 19 and is often seen working at Cantley's Sports Bar in Carnegie. Her niece, Jordan Cantley, will celebrate her 22nd on Jan. 23; nephew Justin will be 24 on Jan. 16; and nephew Jeremy celebrates his 30th on Jan. 25.
• Happy 16th birthday to Jeffrey Stephen, who celebrates on Jan.15. Jeffrey is the son of Cheryl and Jeffrey Stephen of Carnegie and is in the 10th grade at Carlynton Junior-Senior High School.
Thinking of Phil Salvato of 3rd Street Gallery in Carnegie, who celebrates another year on Jan. 13. He has traveled the world, painting and teaching.
• Happy birthday to Tim Schall of Carnegie, who celebrates Jan. 13. Tim is the husband of Jennifer Schall and they have three daughters — McKenzie, Madison and Morgan.
• Happy birthday to Bob Severns of Baldwin Road Extension, who celebrates on Jan. 14 with his wife, Lynn, and family. Bob is the grandpap of Haley and Lindsay Severns.
• Jacob Floyd of Carnegie celebrates his fifth birthday on Jan. 15 with his mother, sister Morgan and grandparents, Betty and Bob Reiss.
• Happy birthday to Jackie (Cantley) Hertzler of Collier Township, who celebrates on Jan. 13 with her husband, Rick, daughters, Libby and Hope Mae, and son Jackson. She is the daughter of Barb and Richard Cantley of Carnegie.
• Happy 16th birthday to Ricki Rodriguez who celebrates on Jan. 14 and to her brother, Seve Rodriguez, who celebrates his 18th on Jan. 17. Ricki is a sophomore at Carlynton High School and plays soccer and swims. Seve is a senior and plays football and wrestles. Ricki and Seve are the children of Pamela and Everett Rodriguez.
• Birthday greetings are sent to Jennifer Cylenica, who celebrates her 31st birthday on Jan. 13. She will celebrate with her husband, Rory, and family, Chuck and Jan Sweeney, brother Nick and Aunt Cathy.
• Happy birthday to Jill (Bennett) Mangum of Carnegie, who celebrates on Jan. 11. Jill is the wife of Chris Mangum and they have two children, Mackenzie and Max. She is the daughter of Kathy and Jim Bennett of Carnegie.
• Happy birthday to Michelle Story Moehring of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on Jan. 16. Special love is sent to her from Jon-Michael, Jon-Michael II, Jordyn, Nico, Christian, Michael, Sarah, Kristen, Savannah, Justin, Brandon, Keira, Don and Sade.
• Robin Teyssier-Feige of Scott Township will celebrate another year on Friday with her husband, Herb, and children, John Golden, Tracy Salerno and Joseph Golden. Robin and Herb have six grandchildren — Kassi Mickle, Tracie Golden, Allison, Haley and Morgan Salerno and Connar Macosko. Their son, John, celebrated his birthday today, Thursday.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy