The Rev. Tindall elected as Pittsburgh Presbytery clerk
The Rev. Jeff Tindall, pastor of Carnegie Presbyterian Church, has been elected to serve as the stated clerk of the Pittsburgh Presbytery, the chief officer for church law and procedure.
Pittsburgh Presbytery includes about 150 congregations in Allegheny County and is part of the Presbyterian Church. In addition to being a Presbyterian minister, the Rev. Tindall is an attorney.
• Neva Lampman will celebrate her 99th birthday on Jan. 21. Neva has one daughter, Marilyn Gearhart (Pete) Townsend and one grandson, Neil Gearhart. She has been a resident of the Washington Garden Apartments for 22 years, having moved from Niagara Falls, N.Y.
• Dave Dedola of Rosslyn Heights celebrates his birthday on Saturday. Dave is the husband of Lori and they have three sons — Guy, Dean and David. Dave is the son of Sebastian Dedola of Cloverleaf Estates and the late Lena James Dedola.
• John Pruss of Carnegie celebrates his birthday on Jan. 21 with his wife, Sally, and family. They have six children, 12 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
• Happy birthday to Luba Kay of Carnegie, who celebrates her 87th birthday on Jan. 21.
• Happy 11th birthday to our granddaughter, Isabella Jayne Babish, who celebrates on Jan. 23. She is the daughter of Brittany and Bobby Steffl and is big sister to Roman.
• Happy 35th birthday to Jennifer Helbig of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on Jan. 22. Jennifer is married to Matt Helbig and they have three sons — Zavier, Gavin and Joey, and one daughter, Nevaeh.
• Jordan Steiner of Carnegie celebrates his 22nd birthday on Jan. 20. Jordan is the son of Nancy (Drost) and Terry Steiner. He attends Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
• The Carnegie United Methodist Church at 419 Washington Avenue is taking orders for pierogies at $8 a dozen and cabbage rolls at $22, a dozen for Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3.
Orders are due by Jan. 28. Pick-up date will be Feb. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call Pat at 412-221-7709, Mary Ann at 412-279-2537 or the church at 412-279-3020.
• Mary Ann Kundra of Cubbage Hill celebrates her birthday on Saturday. Mary Ann is the wife of the late John (Ken) Kundra and they have one son, Ken (Joan) Kundra, and one grandson, Jacob of Heidelberg.
• Sam Sarvas celebrates his 17th birthday on Sunday. He is the son of Garron and Jamie Sarvas and brother to Holly Reichard and Taryn Sarvas.
• The Snyder-Lawrence families have many candles to blow out this month. Janet Snyder of Collier Township celebrates on Sunday. Her daughter Melissa (Missy) Lawrence of Collier celebrates on Saturday. And her son Tom (Natalie) celebrated his birthday yesterday, Wednesday.
• Happy third birthday to Gabriel Michael Steiner, who celebrates Sunday. He is the son of Wendy (Sembrat) and Phil Steiner and is little brother to Morgan, Luke and Kasey. His maternal grandparents are Peggy Sembrat of Carnegie and Greg and Wendy Sembrat of Upper St. Clair. Gabriel's paternal grandparents are Nancy and Terry Steiner of Carnegie.
• Happy birthday to Brenda (Taylor) Temoff of Carnegie, who celebrates on Jan. 23. She is the wife of Steve and they have one daughter, Tonya. Brenda is the daughter of Bonnie and Gordon Taylor of Carnegie.
• Birthdays this week include Stephanie Ritter, Lucy Kennedy, Gina Fiorentini-May, Dan Harrist, Cheryl Pealer, Karen Welsh, Aaron Mickens and Rose Stuparitz.
• Birthday wishes to Amanda Kolle, who celebrates her 34th on Friday. Amanda is the wife of Shawn Conner and mother of three children — William, 14, Nathaniel, 6, and Harley, 3. She's the daughter of Debbie Kolle and the late Charles Kolle of Carnegie.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.