Birthday wishes go out to many residents, young and old
By Cindy Babish Schultz
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 25, 2013
Happy 84th birthday to Helen (Mike) Catrain of McDonald, who celebrated on Jan. 14. Helen was married to Frank J. Catrain, who grew up in McDonald before his passing in April 1992.
Helen is the mother of Bonnie Kriberney, Dennis Catrain Sr., Ron Catrain Sr. and David Catrain. Grandkids include Dennis Catrain Jr., Ron Catrain Jr., Carleen (Catrain) Markivich, Chad Catrain, Kristen Kriberney, Heather (Kriberney) Miller, Cassie Catrain and Katie Catrain. Helen has two great-grandchildren, John Markivich IV and Kaelynn Markivich.
• Happy “Sweet 16” birthday to Madison Zimmer of Collier Township, who celebrates on Jan. 30 with family and friends.
Madison is the daughter of Amy and Bob Zimmer, older sister of Tristen and granddaughter of Kathy Hartman. She is a sophomore at Chartiers Valley High School.
• Happy 24th wedding anniversary to Ellen and Joe Hultz of Carnegie, who will celebrate on Jan. 28. They are the parents of two daughters, Elizabeth and Katie. Joe also has a son, Preston.
• James O. Eger of Heidelberg will celebrate his 55th birthday on Friday with his wife, Michelle, and children, Collin and Logan. James is the son of Nancy Bucholtz of Kirwan Heights and the late James Eger.
• Matthew Maioli will celebrate his 26th birthday on Saturday. Matt is the son of Marsha (Mitkoski) and the late George Maioli of Bridgeville.
• Happy 18th birthday to Cody Thomas Barth of Carnegie, who celebrates on Jan. 29.
• Nicholas William Simpkin will celebrate his fourth birthday on Jan. 29. Nicholas is the son of Melissa Blair and little brother to Jacob. Maternal grandparents are Cora and John Pruss of Heidelberg.
• Cameron Hackett will turn 4 on Jan. 28. He will celebrate with his parents, Chuck and Janice Hackett and family. Cameron would also like to wish his father happy birthday on Jan. 30.
• Happy birthday to Lynnette Haygood of Carnegie, who celebrates Jan. 31. She is the mother of Jaque Haygood and Jaden and Jaila Calhoun.
• Happy birthday to Rich Bevan of Rosslyn Heights who celebrates Jan. 29, and to his wife, Cindy, who celebrates Feb. 4. They are the parents of one son, Steven, who attends the University of Cincinnati College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning. Mrs. Bevan is a teacher at Carnegie Elementary School.
• Happy 82nd birthday to Lydia Walnoha of Scott Township, who celebrates on Jan. 27 with her husband, Joe, and family. Lydia and Joe are the parents of Mary Beth, Joe, Michael, Annette and Andrew. They also have 17 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. Lydia and Joe were co-owners of Struzka Hardware in Carnegie for many years.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Berni Verikas of Rosslyn Heights who celebrates on Jan. 28. Bernie is the wife of Dale Verikas and they have two children, Kelsey and Alex. Berni and Dale are the owners of Greentree Auto Body.
• Happy birthday to Julie (Jones) Moehring of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates her 29th on Jan. 30, and to her husband, David, who celebrates his 29th on Feb. 3.
• Emily Smith of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on Jan. 28. She will celebrate with her better half Chris Flavin, and his sons, John and Chuck, family and friends.
• Caren (Grace) Wieland of Scott Township will celebrate her 30th birthday on Jan. 29 with her husband, Brandon, and family. She is the granddaughter of Josie and DeWayne Grace of Carnegie.
• Happy 43rd birthday to Antoinette Horick-Meyers of Carnegie, who celebrates on Jan. 28 with her husband Russell.
• Happy 22nd birthday to Natasha Baker of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates on Friday.
• Happy birthday to Mary Kay (Granata) Smith of Crafton (formerly of Cubbage Hill), who will celebrate another year on Friday.
Mary Kay is the wife of Forrest Smith and is mom to five children — Becca Chenette, Rachel, Justin, Joshua and Maggie. She is active with her church, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
• Miranda Marsteller of Carnegie will celebrate her 22nd birthday today.
She is the daughter of Joann (Barkley) Marsteller and the late Rich Marsteller Jr. and sister to Jessica. Miranda is the grandaughter of Dorothy Barkley and the late Jim Barkley and Barb Marsteller and the late Rich Marsteller.
• Noah Ryan Gallogly of Carnegie celebrates his sixth birthday today with his family and older siblings, Madison and Sarah.
• Happy 23rd birthday to Justin Schreiber, who celebrates on the 25th with mom, dad and sister, Ashley.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JA program offers different kind of lesson to Carnegie Elementary students
- Preparations continue for ‘A Day on the Avenue’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.