Carnegie couple to celebrate 45th wedding anniversary Feb. 3 with family and friends
Patricia and Allen Turske of Carnegie will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary on Feb. 3, 2013.
Pat and Allen have nine children together and lost their daughter, Lisa, seven years ago. They also have 12 grandchildren.
Allen is well remembered for his years of service to local banks, the Chartiers Valley Area Community Development and the Carnegie Library. He recently returned to his home in Carnegie after working a few years at Northwest Bank in Warren.
• Happy one-year birthday to Alexandra Rosalie Deleel of Collier Township, who celebrates on Feb. 1. She is the daughter of Marissa and Gary Deleel and has a big sister, Kensington Bella, who is 3½ years old. Alexandra's maternal grandparents are Deborah and Robert Andolina, and paternal grandmother is Sandi Deleel.
• Jackson James Hertzler of Collier Township celebrates his first birthday on Feb. 1. Jackson is the son of Jackie and Rick Hertzler and two big sisters, Elizabeth “Libby” and Hope Mae.
Maternal grandparents are Barbara and Rick Cantley of Carnegie and maternal great-grandparents are Joan Cantley of Carnegie and Donald Cantley of Bridgeville. Paternal grandparents are Shirley and Rick Hertzler, and great-grandfather is William Hertzler.
• Happy first birthday to Mikha Adam Johnson of Carnegie, who celebrates on Feb. 7 with his mother, Stevvaie Brown, grandma Diane Ptomey, family and friends.
• Dominic Anthony Mollica of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate his first birthday on Feb. 4. He is the son of Lynn (Carney) and Joseph Mollia and little brother to Brooke, Haley, Sydney and Joseph. Dominic's grandparents are Marie Mollica and the late Joe Mollica of Carnegie and the late Linda Robbins of Carnegie.
• Happy one-year wedding anniversary to Nicole (Zahn) and Mickey Glowark, who celebrated on Jan. 23. Happy birthday to Nicole, who celebrates her 24th on Feb. 13.
• Happy 30th birthday to Mary Patterson of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrated on Jan. 27. Mary is the wife of Mike Patterson and mother of Clara. She is the daughter of Marie and Tom Brown of Rosslyn Heights. Mary celebrated with fellow Carlynton High School alumni at the bowling alley.
• Birthday wishes are sent to John Crawshaw of Carnegie, who celebrates on Feb. 3. John is the husband of Peg, father of four and grandfather of Seth and Chloe.
• Birthdays this week include Chuck Woods, David Moehring, Ashley Mellon, Nancy Damich, Niccolle (Kuhn) Scisciani, Jerry Kormick, Dale Sams, Brian Francis, Alex Deacon, Tracie Tokar, Sarah Zielinski, Jennifer Talotta and Kirsten Eberlein.
• Happy sixth birthday to Zoey Savena on Feb. 6. Zoey is the daughter of Christina Savena and granddaughter of Cynthia Warrick and Clifford Shorts III of Glendale. Her maternal grandparents are Ruth and Charles Warrick of the North Side.
• Cassie Bryan, wife of Danny Bryan of Rosslyn Heights, will celebrate another happy year on Feb. 5. Cassie is the daughter-in-law of Joan and the late Jack Bryan of Cubbage Hill.
• Kim (Mitkoski) DeVinney celebrates another happy year on Feb. 7 with her husband, Jim, and daughter Jenna.
• Happy birthday to Sally Jones of Scott Township, who celebrates on Feb. 4 with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
• Happy birthday to Shirley Lawrence of Carnegie who celebrates Feb. 3. Shirley is the wife of Dennis Lawrence and they have four children — Dennis Jr. (Melissa), Richard (Maureen), Michael (Jessica) and Crystal (Wes) Davis. Shirley and Dennis also have nine grandchildren.
• Happy ninth birthday to Abby Fox, who celebrates on Feb. 6 with her mother (Tracey), father (Shannon) and brother (Collin). Abby is in the third grade and Collin is in the eighth grade.
• Happy anniversary to Rosemarie and Bob Schuler of Collier Township, who celebrate their 53rd on Feb. 6.
• Happy birthday to Dot Smith of Scott Township, who celebrated her 82nd on Jan. 26. Dot has been married for 58 years to Cliff Smith. They are the parents of six children — Colleen Smith, Dale (Jean), Bill (Janet), Terry (Beth), Lynn, and Glenn Smith. They have two granddaughters, Kelly and Michelle, and a grandson Dennis.
• Happy birthday to Barb Metsger of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates on Feb. 4.
Barb is the mother of Tom, Dave and Carrie and grandma to Cody and Lucas. Lucas celebrates his sixth birthday on Feb. 26. Barb has been the owner of Barb's Country Junction in Carnegie for many years, which is known for homemade food and desserts.
• Niccolle Kuhn Scisciani celebrates another year on Feb. 6 with her husband, John, and children, John Jr. and Jenna.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Feedback sought for Chartiers Valley school project
- Carnegie elementary students gear up for STEEL campaign
- iPads will help South Fayette students learn at school, home
- Organizer hopes to widen South Fayette’s Circle of Friends
- Lauded doctor has ties to Carnegie area
- Carnegie’s Volunteer Fire Department 5K gets green light despite closures