Parked cars on side streets in Bridgeville issue for snow-removal crews
By Staff Report
Published: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Bridgeville Borough Council is cautioning residents who live on side streets to park with care during the winter months.
Public-works crews have had a difficult time clearing streets because of parked cars.
Bridgeville Borough Council member Mary Weise said during a meeting earlier this month that the public works drivers have even hit vehicles parked along the side of the road.
“I can particularly say that Dewey Avenue (off of Chartiers Street) has been a problem,” Weise said.
Officials are asking residents to park their cars in their garages or their driveways if they have them, Weise said.
The Bridgeville Athletic Association is seeking local companies to sponsor baseball and softball teams for the 2013 season.
Team sponsorship costs $200 and includes the name of the company on all of the players' shirts or hats. There are boys and girls teams. Companies also can sponsor a sign placed along the fence at Chartiers Park.
For more information about this and other information about the Bridgeville Athletic Association, call Joe Verduci at 412-221-3209.
- Kennedy likely new police chief in Carnegie
- Open mic event in Bridgeville brews interest
- Retiring Harbin given surprise farewell by Carnegie students
- St. Philip teacher recognized by diocese with Golden Apple
- Plenty of congratulations, birthday wishes to go around
- Historian returns to Bridgeville with news of ‘Bonus Expeditionary Force’
- Sports Deli is making fresh start in new Green Tree location
- Chartiers Valley Class of 2013 was close-knit group
- Not enough evidence for dumping case in Collier
- Rosslyn Farms to remain in Carlynton School District
- Carnegie to remember local veterans with flag services
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.