Treasure Shack opens its doors to shoppers in Bridgeville
By Charlotte Smith
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Treasure Shack has opened at 509 Washington Ave., Bridgeville, the site of many previous antique and/or consignment stores.
Owned by Sandy Davies and Ray Roberts, the store has a great selection of antiques, candles, collectibles, crafts, used furniture and custom-made Amish furniture.
It is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
The entrance and parking is at the rear of the building. For more information, call 412-956-2967.
Gates' reopens as diner
Carnegie Diner, 146 E. Main St., Carnegie has opened in the former Debbie Gates All-American BBQ location.
With new owners, the restaurant offers a variety of burgers, appetizers, salads, wings, omelets and hoagies, and specialty items such as the waffles and chicken platter.
Call 412-278-0112 for more information.
Lunch time fitness
Resurrection Fitness, 140 E. Main St., Carnegie, has added a “fitness at lunch time” program. A 30-minute session gives each participant a total body workout with cardio, strength training and core exercises.
A.C.E. fitness instructor Mary Graber also offers hour-long programs on various nights. They have just released their spring class schedule.
Call 412-200-2422 for more information.
Several Allegheny County Public Libraries have begun Conversation Salons, including Scott Township Public Library, which holds its group meeting on the second Monday of the month from 1 to 3 p.m.
Conversation salons have their historical roots in the Enlightenment period of 18th century France. Philosophers, lawyers, politicians, artists and others would gather informally in homes to hold spirited discussions about new ideas in government, education, human rights, the arts and sciences, and more.
The purpose of today's forums is to provide active participation in a discussion of the meaningful and interesting events of our time. Subjects are general in nature; the members select the subjects they wish to discuss. They are not book or journal clubs. No advanced reading is required.
They are also not lobby groups or political action groups and do not take stands on issues or beliefs. They do not debate nor offer self-help or therapy. Their sole purpose is for good conversation and an exchange of ideas and opinions.
Call the Scott Township Library at 412-429-5380 for more information.
Other local new business incorporations as compiled from recent state filings include:
• Temp Pro Heating & Cooling, 405 Larktree Circle, Bridgeville (HVAC services)
• Ryan Translations, 509 Cypress Court, Bridgeville (foreign language translation services)
• Datavibes Technologies, 875 Greentree Road, Blvd. 7 No. 845, Green Tree (IT software computer consulting)
• Apex Energy Solutions, 2120 Greentree Road, No. PE-9, Green Tree (sales for replacement windows)
• Sun Water Purification System, 8 Edgecliff Road, Carnegie (distribution systems)
• Twinstar Investers, 1840 Mayview Road, No. 200, Bridgeville (investments)
• Bionic Fitness, 152 Oakville Drive, Green Tree (personal training).
Charlotte Smith is a contributing writer for Trib Total Media and can be reached at 724-693-9441 or email@example.com.
- Collier snuffs out tobacco in all recreational areas
- Family won’t open Carnegie’s Forsythe Miniature Golf and Snacks this summer
- Carlynton board renews various contracts
- High School Showcase shows off Chartiers Valley’s diversity
- Keystone Oaks listed high in school rankings
- Around Town: Spring continues with more store openings locally
- Sports-minded O’Brien connects with Bridgeville audience
- Where to vote on May 21; polls open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Joan and Myron Yeates of Collier good as gold with 50th anniversary
- Chartiers Valley’s ‘9 to 5’ collects seven Kelly nominations
- Cadidates list for Crafton, Carnegie, Scott, neighboring communities’ races
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.