Plenty of birthday wishes this week in Carlynton area
Happy 92nd birthday to Thomas Butts Sr. of Scott Township, who celebrated on Feb. 20. Tom was married to his wife, Dolores (Fisher) Butts, for 66 years before her passing in 2009. He and Dolores are the parents of three children — Thomas W. married to Maureen (Fox) Butts, Carol Ann married to (William) Moore and Robert married to Jeanine (Funari) Butts. Tom also has eight grandchildren: Kelly Horak, Kristine Gabster, Tom Butts, Ryan and Brandon Moore, Jenna, Jocelyn and Jillian Butts and six great-grandchildren — Sydnie, Sean, Rylee, Tommy, Tyler and Kaylie.
• Bob and Janice Amend of Rennerdale (Collier Township) will celebrate their Golden 50 wedding anniversary on March 4. They celebrated with a Florida vacation and a Caribbean cruise. They are the parents of one son, Rob, who celebrated his birthday on Feb. 23.
• Happy first birthday to Bastian Edward Lenk, who will celebrate on March 7. Bastian is the son of Aaron and Laura Lenk of Carnegie and grandson of Jonathan and Linda Smith of Bridgeport, W.Va., and Glenn and Nancy Lenk of Everett. His great-grandmother is Sarah Rhodes of Carmichaels.
• Happy 18th birthday to Calee Casmer of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 1. Calee is in the 11th grade at Carlynton Junior/Senior High School.
• Eleanor Kitt of Car-negie celebrates another birthday on March 1.
She is the mother of Paul and Betty Ann Burns and has three grandchildren — Adam, Kristen and Blake. Eleanor also has two great-granddaughters, Addison and Kendall.
• Renee Smith of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on March 1. She is the wife of Rick Smith and together they have five children — Paige, Logan, Regan, Grayson and Bailey. Their daughter, Paige, will celebrate her 23rd birthday on March 3.
• Happy 21st birthday to Jennifer Sago of Carnegie, who will celebrate on March 3. Jennifer is the daughter of Deana and George Sago and the sister of Ryan Sago. Jennifer is a junior at Kent State University.
• Thinking of Collette (McIntyre) Wilson, former resident of Carnegie, now of New Port Richey, Fla., who celebrates on March 5 with her husband, Stan, family and friends. Collette is retired after many years of service to Canevin High School.
• Victor Jafarace of Carnegie celebrates another birthday on March 4 with his wife, Jennifer, and children, Emma and Austin.
• Happy birthday to Pat Fisher of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on March 4. Pat is the wife of John Fisher and they have three children — Darren, David (Christie) and Lisa (Rob) Sunderland. They also have four grandchildren — Aaron and Shelby Fisher and Dylan and Riley Sunderland.
• Mary Anne (Tokar) Schade of Carnegie celebrates her 60th birthday on March 6 with family and friends. She is the wife of Andy Schade and mother of Andrew, Chris and Carrie. Mary Anne and Andy also have one granddaughter, Brianna Lynn Schade.
• Thinking of Bernadette E. Kazmarski of Carnegie as she celebrates another wonderful year on March 4. Bernadette is a well-known Carnegie artist, writer and business owner.
• Happy birthday to Ann Catena of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 5 and to her son, Carnegie Councilman Pat Catena, who celebrates on March 12. Pat is the father of Patrick John “Jack” Catena.
• Happy 36th wedding anniversary to Gordon and Debbie Giffin of Rennerdale, who celebrate on March 5. They are the parents of two sons, Andrew and Dustin.
• Dawn (Carlini) and Ken Cummings of Carnegie celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary today, Feb. 28. They are the parents of one son, Ryder Christian Cummings.
• A memorial service will be held on Sunday at 3 p.m. for former Carnegie and Bridgeville resident Cynthia Marie (Kuskil) Thielet, who died Feb. 8. The memorial service and brief reception will be held at Berean Fellowship Church, 300 Rockfield Circle, Pittsburgh, PA 15243. Cindy is survived by her two daughters, Rebecca Lynn (Ross) Godlove and Gina Thielet; her mother, Margaret; and her sister, Theresa (Rob) Ross. Cindy was preceded in death by her father, Andrew. She graduated from Chartiers Valley High School in 1972. In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent to the Western Pennsylvania Humane Society.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.