Wawrzeniak family welcomes addition of a baby girl
Published: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 11:54 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Congratulations to Heather and Jason Wawrzeniak on the birth of their daughter, Harper Elizabeth Wawrzeniak, who was born on Feb. 21 and weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 18.5 inches long.
Maternal grandparents are JoAnn and David McIntosh of Carnegie, and great-grandparents are Antoinette (Earl) Ross of Bridgeville.
Paternal grandparents are Dr. Joseph and Kathy Wawrzeniak of North Huntingdon.
Awaiting the arrival at home was big brother Truman Joseph, who will be 3 in June.
• Happy 90th birthday to Arvin Sorge of Neville Manor, who celebrated on Feb. 22 with his wife, Irma, family and friends.
• Kudos to Dean Chubarov, a freshman at Carlynton High School and member of their bowling team, who threw a 300 game in February. Dean was the first Carlynton bowler to roll a 300 game during a match or practice.
• Happy third birthday to two of our grandchildren this month. Roman Nicholas Steffl of Bridgeville celebrates tomorrow and his cousin Emilie Margaret Babish of Carnegie celebrates Saturday. Roman is the son of Brittany and Bobby Steffl and Emilie is the daughter of Jessica and George Babish.
• Little Sarah Olivia Gallogly of Carnegie will be celebrating her eighth birthday on March 10 with her family, friends, sister Madison and brother Noah.
• Happy eighth birthday to Matthew Pfeffer, who celebrates today.
Matthew is the son of Mary and Gary Pfeffer and has a brother, Jacob. His grandparents are Darlene and the late Dink Pfeffer of Carnegie and Ray and Marian Koscak of Boardman, Ohio. Matthew is the great-grandson of Mabel and the late Chuddy Pfeffer and Peggy and Berky Schreiber.
• Happy 28th wedding anniversary to Kimberly (Geisler) and Frank Dawson of Cubbage Hill, who celebrate on March 12. Kimberly and Frank are the parents of Frank Dawson III, Gregg and Ashley.
• Mary (Corba) Kizina of Carnegie celebrates her 25th birthday on March 11. Mary is married to Eric Kizina and they are the parents of a new daughter, Mackenzie. Mary is the daughter of Grace (Chilton) and Michael Corba and granddaughter of Nora Chilton of Cloverleaf Estates.
• Thinking of Bob Gielarowski of Carnegie, who celebrates his 55th birthday on March 11 with his wife, Donna, and children, Jamie (Mark) Hermann and Rob. Bob and Donna have two granddaughters, Madison and Aubrey Hermann.
• Happy 37th birthday to Brandon Bogdon of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 11. Brandon is married to Ashley and he has one son, Ashton, who is 9½, and daughter, Mila Ann, who is 1½, plus baby on the way. Brandon has been an active members of the Carnegie Volunteer Fire Department for many years.
• Happy birthday wishes to Nancy Schmitt, who celebrates on March 9, and to her daughter Jessica, who celebrates her 34th on March 25, and to her brother Greg Werner, who celebrates on March 12. The whole family lives in Carnegie.
• Dr. Hillary (Mangis) Kuntz of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on March 9 with her husband Eric, daughter Kennedy and son Brady.
• Happy birthday to Debbie (Wagner) Endy, who celebrates today, and to her brother Joe Martineck, who celebrates his birthday on March 11. Debbie is the wife of Doug, and they have a little girl Della.
Joe is the husband of Teri Ann and father of Jeffery and Valery.
• Peggy (Thomson) Halligan, a lifelong resident of Carnegie, will celebrate another birthday on March 8 with her husband Mark and two children, Madison Paige and Declan Wise.
• Happy 48th wedding anniversary to Shirley and Dennis Lawrence of Carnegie. They are the parents of Dennis Jr. (Melissa), Richard (Maureen), Michael (Jessica) and Crystal (Wes) Davis. Shirley and Dennis also have nine grandchildren plus one on the way.
• Birthdays this week include Kristen Ramsey, Nick Schepis, Ron Catrain Sr., Rose Pucci, Jamie Lukac, Barbara (Crane) Meinen, Nancy Volk-Gorney, Jim Stewart and Pat Catena.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kennedy likely new police chief in Carnegie
- Chartiers Valley Class of 2013 was close-knit group
- Open mic event in Bridgeville brews interest
- St. Philip teacher recognized by diocese with Golden Apple
- Historian returns to Bridgeville with news of ‘Bonus Expeditionary Force’
- Plenty of congratulations, birthday wishes to go around
- Retiring Harbin given surprise farewell by Carnegie students
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.