Column: Birthday greetings go out to many Carlynton community residents
John L. Kripp of Rennerdale celebrates his 71st birthday today. He was the husband of Patricia “PK” Kripp until her passing in 2005.
They are the parents of James (Kathy) Kripp, Dawn (Dan) Wauthier and Barbara Chilleo. Also, six grandchildren — Jeffrey, Brianna and Justin Chilleo, Denielle and Haley Wauthier, and Matthew Kripp. John serves as president of the Collier Township Civil Service Commission.
• Happy birthday to my cousin Mary Jane (Masciantonio) Slegal of Ann Street, who will celebrate today, and also, to her niece, Jovanna Silipigni of Crafton, who celebrates her 27th on the same day. Jovanna's parents are Charlene (Masciantonio) and John Silipigni.
• Happy birthday to Chris Mangum of Carnegie, who celebrates on Friday.
Chris is happily married to Jill (Bennett) Mangum and they have two children, Mackenzie and Max.
• Amelia Grace Quertinmont of Collier Township will celebrate her second birthday on March 19.
Amelia is the daughter of Brooke and Michael Quertinmont and has a big brother, Hayden, who is 4. Amelia's grandparents are Barbara Mangis of Carnegie, Don Steinhart of Mt. Lebanon and Diane and Michael Quertinmont formerly of Rennerdale, who now reside in Utah.
• Happy 92nd birthday to Wanda (Machniewicz) Dlugos, formerly of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates Friday.
Wanda was born and raised in Carnegie and is the widow of John Dlugos. She resides at Country Meadows, Room 415, Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017 and enjoys receiving cards from family and friends. Wanda and John had two daughters, Patricia (John) Fisher of Rosslyn Heights and Garnet (Michael) Durkan of Sinking Spring. She has six grandchildren — Darren and David Fisher, Lisa (Fisher) Sunderland, Dana, Jennifer and Kate Durkan, and four great-grandchildren, Aaron Fisher, Dylan Sunderland, Shelby Fisher and Riley Sunderland.
• Donna (Fisher) and Ron Hatcher of Carnegie celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary today. They are the parents of two children, Amy and James, and have one adorable granddaughter, Camille Rose, who is 22 months old.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Boyd Culp, who celebrates with family and friends on Sunday. Boyd resides with his dad, Richard Kouche, in Bridgeville.
• Happy 87th birthday to Jean Fraer of the Washington Garden Apartments, who celebrates on March 20.
Jean is the mother of Janet Fraer of Scott Township, Joyce (Tom) Rossi of Rosslyn Heights, Fred (Luanne) Fraer and Jennifer (Joe) Tancraitor. Jean has eight grandchildren — Tyler, Ian, Kailey, Autumn, Greg, Megan, Albert and Hannah (Rob) Buttermore. She has two great-grandchildren, Victoria Hankowski and Trevor Buttermore.
• Happy seventh birthday to Aaron Fisher, son of David and Christie Fisher, who celebrates on Sunday.
• Happy 32nd wedding anniversary to Denise (Iacono) and Gerry McGrogan of Carnegie, who celebrate on March 21. They are the parents of Kristy (Jason Goldie) and Ryan.
• Happy birthday to former Carnegie Resident Leslie Blair Roberts, now residing in Myrtle Beach, S.C., and who celebrates with her husband Wes and friends on Sunday.
• Paul Godleski will celebrate his birthday on March 20. Paul is the chief chocolatier at Applelicious on West Main Street. He resides in Rennerdale with his wife, Veronica, and daughters, Alexanna and Ilena.
• Happy birthday to Jeff D. Hilty of Bridgeville, who celebrates Saturday. Jeff and his wife Lizann (Kouche) have been married for 33 years and are the parents of three sons — Jeff (Simone), Joe and Jordan.
• Thinking of Jack Moskovitz, who will celebrate his 66th birthday on March 18. Jack was employed by the Carlynton School District for more than 30 years. Please send him a card to Bethel Park Retirement Communities, 2960 Bethel Church Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102. You will make his day.
• Bobbi (White) and Sean Klein of Carnegie will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary on Sunday. They are the parents of two sons, Peter Lloyd and Max Aaron.
• Jeannalyn Baroni-Meyers will celebrate her 11th birthday on Sunday with her mom, dad, sister Amanda Partin, brothers Rusty, Brandon and Shane Baroni-Meyers and niece Angelina. Jeannalyn's brother Shane Baroni-Meyers will celebrate his 13th birthday on March 29.
• Happy fourth birthday to Hanalee Mikal Nordeen, who celebrates March 18. Hanalee is the daughter of Katie (Leschak) and Josh Nordeen of Carnegie and big sister of Amelia Pauline. She is the granddaughter of Barb and Bruce Nordeen and the late Michael “Dickie” Leschak.
• Happy 78th birthday to Bob Schuler of Collier Township, who celebrates on March 20 with his wife of 53 years, Rosemarie.
Bob is involved with the Carnegie-Collier Rotary Club and is the president of the Board of Commissioners in Collier Township. Bob and Rosemarie have two children, Linda and Larry.
• Birthdays this week include Carol (Talotta) Gibbons, Barb Lawrence, Lori Ritter, Vince Holland, Gwen Moehring Restich, Sheldon Sorge, Amanda Bogats Bennett, Rich Taylor, Jim Bennett, Devin Moore and Kelly Zaletski.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Side furniture bank volunteers help turn living spaces into homes
- Splash pool coming to Crafton
- Longtime Rennerdale resident celebrates 85th birthday with family
- South Fayette youth thanks veterans through Project Puzzle Book
- Grant provides lunch for Carnegie kids
- South Fayette car wash, cookout benefit feline organization
- Around Town: Summer keeps rolling along with new stores
- Oyler: Summer weekends at Conneaut Lake
- South Fayette schools to raise taxes
- Science in the Summer program grows at Scott library