Birthday wishes go out to community members of all ages
Happy 85th birthday to John “Bam” Shiwarski of Carnegie, who celebrated on March 15.
Bam and his wife of 60 years, Mary, have lived on Boden Avenue for the past 49 years. They are the parents of two sons, Ron and Gary, and also have five grandchildren.
Bam is retired from S.P. Kinney Engineers in Carnegie and he is a World War II Air Force veteran.
• Happy 88th birthday to Nora Chilton of Cloverleaf Estates West, who celebrates Friday.
Nora and her late husband, Richard, are the parents of six children — Janie (Frank) Tokar, Rich (Pat) Chilton, Penny (Dave) Murray, Grace (Mike) Corba, Timmy (Maryann) Chilton and the late Barbara Lee “Bobbie” (David) Kelly. Nora has 13 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
• Happy fourth birthday to Nathan Daniel Piontek of Collier Township, who celebrates on Sunday with his Mom, Jessica. He is the grandson of Mary Anne and Roy Piontek of Collier Township.
• Charlotte Turney of Scott Township celebrates her birthday on March 27 with her husband, Ed Turney Sr.
They are the parents of Ed Turney Jr., Pam and Tammy. They also have five grandchildren — Erika, Samantha, Jake, Little Eddie and Harlee Dee.
• Joyce (Leedstrom) and Joseph Prozzoly Jr. of Scott Township will celebrate their seventh wedding anniversary on March 26. They are the parents of one son, Jules Michael, 5.
• Happy 80th birthday to Helen Danziger of Carnegie, who will celebrate on March 25.
Helen is mom to seven children — Robert Danziger, Deborah Glowark, David (Dianne) Danziger, Cindy (Joe) Zupella, James Danziger, Jeff Danziger and Dawn (Curt) Danziger. She has 16 grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and a loving sister, Stella Millantz.
• Jessica (Frazier) and George Babish of Carnegie celebrate another year of wedded bliss on Sunday. They are the parents of Izaiah, Elijah, Amelia and Emilie.
• Mimi (Sams) Wolbert will celebrate her birthday on March 26 with her three children — Stephanie (Tyler) Valentine, Andrew and Sam and her handsome grandson, Santino Charles Valentine, plus one on the way.
• Kamryn Jean Crawford will celebrate her third birthday on March 26. She is the daughter of Courtney and Bob Crawford and granddaughter of Carole and Harry Lynch of Carnegie. Kamryn is little sister to Samantha, Robert and Corinne.
• Belated birthday wishes are sent to Ginny Penn of Scott Township, who celebrated her birthday on March 18.
Ginny is the wife of Bob and together they have three children — Stefani, Robb and Randy.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Jennifer Schall of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 25 with her husband Tim and three daughters — McKenzie, Maddie and Morgan.
• Pam Price Patton celebrates her birthday on March 26. Pam is the wife of Scott Patton and they have three children — Zachary, Connor and Madison. Pam is the daughter of Carol and Ray Price of Collier Township.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Alice Danks “Ethel” of Scott Township who celebrates on March 25 with family and friends.
She is Mom to son Russell and daughter Beth and also has four grandchildren — Jason, Courtney, Kayla and Will. Alice is the sister of Sally “Lucy” Jones of Scott Township.
• Tracy Salerno Cooper will celebrate her birthday on Sunday with her husband, Tim, and daughters, Allison, 12; Haley, 9; and Morgan, 6. Tracy is an OB-RN at St. Clair Hospital.
• Birthdays this week include Tammy Nelson, Mike Noakes, Rachel Smith, Katelyn Bigley, Claudia Maioli, Jim Duffy, Sharon Shaffer-Snatchko, Natalie Iorio-Ceyrolles, Bonnie Volk, Sam Steiner, Lynn Yarmeak, Irene Hardiman, Joe Granata, Vicki Boyle-Rathbun, Beth Glancy and Char Turney.
• Happy 48th wedding anniversary to Shirley and Dennis Lawrence of Carnegie, who will celebrate on Saturday. They are the parents of Dennis Jr., Richard Michael and Crystal Davis and have six grandchildren — Lindsay, D.J., Peyton, Dylan, Michael and Ava.
• Rennerdale United Methodist Church at 151 Noblestown Road will hold its annual Easter bake sale on March 30 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. A variety of baked goods includes nut rolls, cookies and Easter bread. For more information, please call Barb at 412.279.8747.
• The Carnegie United Methodist Church at 415 Washinton Ave., Carnegie, is taking orders for pierogies at $8 a dozen for Easter.
Last day to order is March 25, and pick-up date is March 30, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Please call Mary Ann at 412-279-2537 or Pat at 412-221-7709 to order.
• Glad to hear Janet Fraer of Chartiers Terrace celebrated her 60th birthday on March 10 with a surprise party in her honor at Washington Gardens where her mother, Jean Fraer, resides.
Janet is the sister of Joyce Rossi and favorite aunt of Trevor Buttermore.
• A pancake and sausage breakfast will be held by the Historical Society of Carnegie and the Carnegie Democratic Committee on Sunday, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Carnegie Borough Building, second floor council chambers.
Adult tickets are $7 and children under 12 are $3. All proceeds will benefit the historical society. Contact Bob Veres at 412-276-8800 for more information.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.