Collier resident celebrates birthday and first grandchild
Happy 65th birthday to Norma (Coyle) Frederick of Collier Township, who celebrates on April 17. She is the mother of John Jacob (Kayla) and Jessica (Pete) Shandrick. Norma is elated to become a first-time grandma in August when Jake and Kayla celebrate the birth of their first child.
• Ted and Lorrie Hatcher of East Carnegie will celebrate their 34th year of wedded bliss today, Thursday. Also, Ted celebrates his 57th birthday on Friday. They are the parents of Todd, Natalie, Desiree and Alicia and are very proud of their seven grandchildren plus one on the way.
• Jennifer and Rory Cyclenica are receiving congratulations upon the birth of a daughter. Mackinsey Catherine Cyclenica was born on March 26. She weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces and was 21 inches long. Maternal grandparents are Jan and Chuck Sweeney of Crafton.
• Happy 19th birthday to Brent Nadik of Collier Township, who celebrates on Friday. Brent attends Indiana University of Pennsylvania where he is a freshman. Brent's sister Dominique celebrates her 20th birthday on Saturday and also attends IUP as a sophomore.
Dominique will be studying abroad in Costa Rica this summer. Brent and Dominique are the children of Maria (Schepis) and Tim Nadik.
• Santino Charles Valentine celebrates his second birthday on Sunday. Santino is the son of Stephanie (Wolbert) and Tyler Valentine of Heidelberg. Grandparents are Mimi (Sams) Wolbert of Carnegie and Mark Wolbert, Eileen Wolbert and the late Patricia and Charles Sames of Carnegie and the late Robert Wolbert Sr.
Paternal grandparents are Jo Anne (McDowell) and Bill Valentine of Carnegie and the paternal great-grandparents are Rosemarie Valentine and the late William Valentine, and James and Patricia McDowell.
Happy first wedding anniversary to Stephanie (Drozak) and Justin Giles of Crafton who celebrated on March 30.
Happy 5th birthday to Amelia Babish who celebrates April 15, and to her big brother Izaiah who celebrates his 11th on April 21. They are the children of Jessica and George Babish of Carnegie and siblings of Elijah and Emilie.
Debbie and Ted Popivchak of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary on April 16. They are the parents of Jason (Heather), Julie (Bill) Weil and Jaimee (Justin). Debbie and Ted also have four grandchildren, Palmer, Raylan, Sophia and Blake.
• Happy 32nd birthday to Jenn Falcioni, who celebrates on April 16. Jenn is the best mom to Mya, Neena, Delilah and Mason.
• Happy 86th birthday to Mary Lou Borst of the Washington Garden Apartments, who will celebrate on April 16.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Rich Lawrence who celebrates his 45th on April 15. He is the husband of Maureen and together they have one daughter, Lindsey. Rich is the son of Shirley and Dennis Lawrence of Carnegie.
• Valery Martineck celebrates her seventh birthday on April 15. She is the daughter of Teri Ann and Joseph Martineck of South Fayette and she has an older brother, Jeffery, who is 10. She is the granddaughter of Dottie and Rich Wagner, Joe and Kim Martineck and Donna and Ed Webster.
• Kay Downey-Clarke and Gerry Clarke of Collier Township will celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary on Saturday.
• Happy 31st wedding anniversary to Kate (Lageman) and Dave Stanchak of Crafton, who celebrate on April 17. Kate and Dave are the parents of one daughter, Amanda Stanchak.
• Birthdays this week include Sue Petrocelly, Susan Turek Sonson, Paula Kusler, Dr. Frank Verri, Faith Francis, Joe Golden, Melinda Harty, Leo Jacob Rodgers, Cindy Cea Hentosz and Eric McGill.
• Happy anniversary to Linda and Rich Reitmeyer of Carnegie, who celebrate their 41st on April 15.
• Don't forget to support the theatre department of Carlynton High School as they present the musical, “9 to 5: The Musical” today, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. For tickets, call 412-429-2500, ext. 2745, or visit carlynton firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.