Carlynton graduates celebrate their honeymoon in Mexico
Janel Kara Sudiak and Benjamin Andrew Eonta were united in marriage on April 6, at St. Philip Roman Catholic Church in Crafton.
Janel is the daughter of Kathy (Lober) and Zachary Sudiak of Crafton, and Ben is the son of Karen (Blaha) and Jerry Eonta of Crafton. They are both graduates of Carlynton High School. Janel is a pharmacist for Rite-Aid and Ben works for UPMC as a systems analyst.
Janel and Ben greeted their guests at the Airport Marriott and traveled to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, for their honeymoon.
• The Knights of Columbus Council No. 11143 is hosting a pancake breakfast on Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in St. Luke's Hall at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Carnegie. Tickets will be $6 for adults and $4 for children ages 10 and under.
• Congratulations to Beth and Justin Mastrangelo on the birth of a baby girl. Andie Caroline Mastrangelo was born April 8, weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces and measuring 19 inches long. Maternal grandparents are Carol and Michael Killmeyer of Crafton and paternal grandparents are Marcia Mastrangelo of Rosslyn Farms and Joseph Mastrangelo of North Carolina. Awaiting his baby sister at home was big brother, Joey, 3.
This is Carol and Mike's first granddaughter after eight grandsons.
• Cloverleaf Estates West will have its annual flea market and bake sale on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Clubhouse, which is located off Ewing Road in Collier Township. There will be coffee, doughnuts and lunch available plus a 50/50 raffle.
• Karen and Joe Welsh of Carnegie will celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary on April 22.
Karen can be seen most days at the Giant Eagle Market District in Settler's Ridge.
• Happy birthday to Joyce Rossi of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on April 20.
She is married to Tom Rossi and together they have a son, Albert, and daughter, Hannah Rose. Joyce also has two grandchildren, Tori and Trevor.
• Anniversary greetings are sent to Barb and Al Riedl of Rennerdale, who celebrate on April 20. Barb and Al are the parents of Lynne (Mark) Vilella of Cranberry and Mike (Gloria) Vilella of Washington County. They are the grandparents of Luke and Ryan Vilella.
• Happy birthday to Katie (Leschak) Nordeen of Carnegie, who celebrates her 34th on April 25 with her husband, Josh, and daughters, Hanalee and Amelia.
• Happy anniversary to Mary and Rick Iorio of Cubbage Hill, who celebrate on April 22. Rick also celebrates his birthday on April 28.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Madison Gallogly, who celebrates her 11th today with little sister, Sarah, little brother, Ryan, and family.
• Dylan Thomas Lawrence will celebrate his sixth birthday tomorrow with his little brother, Devin, Mom (Melissa) and Dad (Dennis) Lawrence of Cubbage Hill. His maternal grandparents are Janet Snyder of Rosslyn Heights and Tom Snyder of Carnegie. The paternal grandparents are Dennis and Shirley Lawrence of Carnegie. Earl Snyder of Cloverleaf Estates West is Dylan's maternal great-grandpa.
• Happy 40th wedding anniversary to Lynn (Ramp) and Frank Tinnion of Carnegie, who celebrated April 7. They are the parents of Jamie Reilly and Kellie Tinnion and have one beautiful, granddaughter Layla Lynne.
• Happy Birthday to Caiden John Shimatzki, who celebrates his fourth on April 21. He is the son of John and Tara (Concannon) Shimatzki. Caiden is the grandson of Frank and Ann (Raco) Shimatzki, and Judith Concannon and big brother of Ryleigh.
• Birthdays this week include Annette Stewart, Lynn McGuire Severns, Ashley Dodd, Beth Klein, Lee Nixon, Keith Petrie, Adam Wagonhoffer, Diane Ptomey, Jenner Urbanek, Carol Rust, Brittany Sherba and Lily Anne McConville.
• Logan Joseph Frank celebrated his second birthday on April 22. Logan is the son of Lindsay and Brian Frank of Rennerdale and little brother of Tyler Frank.
• Happy second wedding anniversary to Laura (Caughey-Wilson) and Joe Longo, who celebrate on April 20. Laura is known for her years of service at the CVS Pharmacy.
• Rennerdale VFD is having a flea market April 27 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tables are $10. Call Grace Corba at 412-279-1904 by April 23 for more information.
• Carnegie Elementary PTA will sponsor a rummage sale April 27 at the Carnegie Elementary gym from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Concessions will be available.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Couple celebrates 61st anniversary on Christmas Eve
- 1904 grade separation plan provides insight into community
- Plenty of choices to ring in 2015
- Morning radio show displays ‘ugly’ sweaters at Collier business
- For Crafton Elementary school students, loom business is booming
- Carnegie church brightens Christmas with free meals
- Bridgeville council OKs sewage rate increase
- Crafton Elementary teacher earns straight A’s from staff
- Scott resident celebrates 75th birthday
- Carnegie couple to celebrate 40th anniversary Dec. 21