Carlynton board pays bills, approves coaches
The Carlynton school board held its monthly meeting Thursday, where it approved a number of financial transactions.
Payment of bills for the month of March was approved for the amount of $2,462,958.74.
In addition, the board voted to approve both the March athletic fund report and activities fund report with an ending balance of $12,797.35 and $47,542.94, respectively.
The board also approved the sale of a 1986 grounds equipment trailer to Carnegie Borough for $1.
The board approved the following coaching appointments for the 2013-14 school year.
• Michael Kozy, varsity boys' basketball
• Tim Bonner, varsity girls' basketball
• Rachel Smith, varsity cheerleading
• James Bassano, varsity golf
• Charles Dagnal, varsity boys' soccer
• David Zinski, varsity girls' soccer
• James Glaser, varsity girls' tennis
• Emily Tupi, varsity volleyball
The board also approved appointments for 20 sponsor and director positions.
Kathleen Spinnenweber was appointed a temporary lunchroom and playground aide at Crafton Elementary, and Laura Swell was hired as a cafeteria worker at Carnegie Elementary.
In other business, action was tabled regarding the Parent Request for Exclusion policy. The policy deals with a parent's right to opt their child out of a PSSA or Keystone exam.
Megan Guza is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5810 or email@example.com.