Plenty of congratulations, birthday wishes to go around
Joanna Meinen and Michael Kunkel were married on May 25, at Lily Manor in Mifflin.
Joanna is the daughter of Warren and Barbara Meinen of Carnegie. Michael is the son of Michael and Donna Kunkel of Finland, Pa. Both Joanna and Michael are graduates of Penn State University. A honeymoon is planned for late June to Switzerland.
• Happy 62nd wedding anniversary to Jeanne (Stys) and Al Podurgiel and also to their son, David, and Laura Sontheimer who celebrated their 13th. The two couples celebrated together at a family dinner with their Jeanne and Al's daughter Kim Rivera.
• Best birthday wishes to Mary Ann Steranka, who celebrated her 94th on June 5. Mary Ann was joined by her three daughters — Trish, Pam and Marilyn, as well as granddaughter Kelley and son-in-law Tim.
• Shirley and Mickey Lazor celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary on June 3. They have three children — Traci Oelschlager, Mike (Sue) Lazor and Rich (Meg) Lazor. There are eight grandchildren — MJ, Scott, Matt, John, David, Joey, Alex and Markee, and three great-grandchildren — Dominic, Maykayla and Jayden Lazor.
• Belated birthday wishes are sent to David Kushner, who celebrated June 1, Bob Skoros who celebrated June 4 and Aaron Kushner, who celebrated June 6.
• Congratulations to four-legged Lacy on passing her canine good citizen test. Lacy, a German Shepherd, will proceed in training for Therapy Dog International. She is trained by Kim Rivera and owned by Kim and Jim Long of Rosslyn Heights.
• Sarah and Bryan Felsing and Kathy and Pete Stipanovich celebrate wedding anniversaries this month. Also, happy birthday to Pete, who celebrates another year on June 28.
• Happy 35th wedding anniversary to Amy and Mike Schneiderlochner of Crafton, who celebrate on June 17. They are the parents of Samantha (Dan) Nardozzi Courtney and Kyle. Amy and Mike have one granddaughter, Camille Rose Hatcher.
• Deborah Glowark celebrates her birthday on June 15 with her children — Traci (Boyd) Houy, Michael (Nicole), Amber and Tony (Nicole) and friends.
• Happy seventh wedding anniversary to Elizabeth (Wilson) and Brian Francis, who celebrate on June 20. They are the parents of two daughters, Alyssa and Jordyn.
• Happy birthday to Barbara Jones Heil of Green Tree, who celebrates on June 15. Barbara is married to John and is well-known for her job at the South West Communities Federal Credit Union in Carnegie.
• Paulette and Dave Colonna of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary on June 18. They are the parents of two sons, Dan and Chris.
• Bob Kormick of Crafton, will celebrate his special day on June 16 with his wife, Pattie, and daughter, Robyn.
• Erin (Schneider) and David Oddi of Rosslyn Heights celebrate their 19th wedding anniversary on June 18. They are the parents of Jordan, Brianna and Zachary.
• Happy third birthday to Della Lee Endy, who celebrates on June 19. Della is the daughter of Debbie (Wagner) and Doug Endy of South Fayette. Her grandparents are Dottie and Rich Wagner of Collier Township and Nancy and Barry Endy of Canonsburg and Virginia Hickman of Canonsburg.
• Hillary (Mangis) and Eric Kuntz of Carnegie will celebrate their seventh wedding anniversary on June 17. They are the parents of Kennedy and Brady.
• Happy birthday to Dale Woodhall, who celebrates on June 18 with his wife Terry and daughter, Nicole. Dale works in the maintenance department at Carlynton School District.
• Happy 57th anniversary to Pat (Molyneaux) and Leo Schwartzmiller of Cloverleaf Estates West, who celebrate on June 19. They are the parents of four children — Maryann (Bill) Baker of Churchill, Carol (Tom) Merks of Robinson Township, Patty (David) Felt of Cranberry Township, and Bob (Lynn) Schwartzmiller of Robinson Township. Pat and Leo also are proud of their nine grandchildren.
• Noah Eric Kanownik will celebrate his third birthday on June 15. Noah is the son of Sadie and Jim Kanownik and has a big sister, Sophie, who is 5. His maternal grandparents are Judi and Jim Grega and his paternal grandparents are Sue and Henry Kanownik.
• Happy fourth wedding anniversary to Amy (DiPietro) and Tim Gastgeb of Carnegie, who celebrate June 20. They are the proud parents of one son, Mason.
• Happy birthday to Denise D. Cook, who celebrates on June 16. She is the mother of a son Tyrelle and enjoys working for the Carlynton School District.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.