New services available in Bridgeville, Carnegie
Here are some new services you may not have heard about yet in the Bridgeville and Carnegie area:
• Giant Eagle Pharmacy is now filling veterinary prescriptions for hundreds of medications covering many common pet conditions such as allergies, eye and ear care, heart health and skin conditions.
Contact any Giant Eagle pharmacist for information.
• Bob Evans Restaurants now offer online ordering. All menu and catering items are available.
• South Fayette Township Library now offers IndieFlix for Libraries, a premier online streaming service of independent films, shorts and documentaries from around the world.
IndieFlix is available on Apple, Android and all Internet-enabled devices. Patrons can also watch films on TV through the Internet browser on their gaming console or with Roku devices. A valid library card is needed to access IndieFlix. For more information call 412-257-8660 or visit www.southfayettelibrary.org.
• David Schultz is the new vicar at Zion Lutheran Church, Bridgeville. He grew up in Wood River, Ill. where his father is a pastor. Both he and his wife, Jenna, are graduates of Concordia University, Chicago
• Antonio Ruiz and Emily Bielewicz are new probationary part-time police officers on the Heidelberg force. Officer Ruiz is a graduate of ITT Technical Institute and the Indiana University of PA Police Academy. Officer Bielewicz is a graduate of Robert Morris University and the Allegheny County Police Academy.
The Heidelberg police department is an 11-member force answering approximately 1500 calls for service and taking more than 800 police reports per year.
• The Rev. Michael A. Caridi is the new vice rector of St. Paul Seminary, Crafton and director of pre-ordination formation for the students at St. Paul Seminary. He formerly was the pastor of St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Upper St. Clair.
• The Rev. Mark A. Eckman is now the episcopal vicar for clergy personnel of the Diocese of Pittsburgh with residence at SS. Simon and Jude Parish, Scott Township. He formerly was the pastor of St. Thomas More Parish, Bethel Park.
• The Rev. Thomas W. Kunz is newly residing at St. Paul Seminary, Crafton. He is the assistant director of the Department for Canon and Civil Law Services, adjutant judicial vicar of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, and spiritual director of St. Paul Seminary.
Local new business incorporations as compiled from recent state filings include:
• American Phoenix, 352 Oakville Drive, Green Tree (health & fitness training and marketing).
• Payment Services Plus, 38 W. Main St., Carnegie (payment services).
• DeBlasio Construction, 447 Washington Ave., Bridgeville (construction).
• D & K Contracting & Excavating, 1321 Spreading Oak Drive, Green Tree (remodeling existing residential properties).
• IOS Trucking Corp., 186 Margaretta St., Carnegie (trucking company).