Twin girls for Kelly and Dan Welsch of Green Tree
By Cindy Babish-schultz
Published: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Kelly and Dan Welsch of Green Tree are receiving congratulations on the birth of twin girls on June 28.
Cora Lee weighed 6 pounds 2 ounces, and Rose Marie weighed 5 pounds 7 ounces. Maternal grandparents are Yolande and Ray Gensler and great-grandmother is LaRue Story. Paternal grandparents are Susan (Kusler) and Jim Welsch and the late Rose Kusler. Awaiting the arrival at home was big sister, Morgan, and big brother, Conner.
• Happy 55th wedding anniversary to Patricia (Cylc) and Walter Sherba of Heidelberg, who celebrate on Friday.
Patricia and Walter are the parents of four daughters — Marianne (Squire) Mulholland of Collier Township, Terri (Tom) Galante of Mt. Lebanon, Joani Flanagan of South Fayette and Jennifer (Craig) Dunn of Collier Township. They are also proud of their seven grandchildren.
• Happy 24th birthday to Megan Kennedy of Carnegie, who celebrates on July 15. She is the daughter of Nina and Mark Kennedy.
• Congratulations to Heather Petris and Anthony Musolino, who will be married Saturday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Heather is the daughter of Tammie and Michael Petris of Scott Township. Anthony is the son of Dee Dee and Tony Musolino of Scott Township.
The couple welcomed their family and friends at Fairview Fire Hall and chose St. Maarten for their honeymoon destination.
• Deanna and George Sago of Carnegie will celebrate their 17th wedding anniversary Saturday. They are the parents of Jennifer and Ryan.
• Donna and Bob Gielarowski of Marshall Avenue will celebrate their 31st wedding anniversary on July 16. They are the parents of Jamie (Mark) Hermann and Rob. Donna and Bob are grandparents of Madison Paige and Aubrey Elizabeth Hermann. Happy 27th birthday to Rob, who celebrates on July 28.
• Happy 63rd birthday to Art Matt of Crafton, who celebrates on July 16. Art is the husband of Nancy and they have two daughters, Stacey (Karl) Van Goor and Lindsay (Jimmy Bahr). Art and Nancy also have three granddaughters — Audrey, Alexandra and Addison.
• Happy 41st birthday to Bill Handerhan, who celebrates on Friday. He is the husband to Lindsey and they have two children, Liam and Madison.
• Happy 52nd wedding anniversary to Rose and Henry Colantoni of Cloverleaf Estates West, who celebrate on July 15. They are the parents of Marie, Tony and Linda.
• Nancy (Bryan) McMullen of Carnegie celebrates another year Friday. She is the wife of Chris McMullen and mother to Jennifer (Victor) Jafarace and Katie (Andrew) Smith. Nancy has two grandchildren, Austin and Emma.
• Happy anniversary to Tammy and Sheldon Sorge of Neville Manor, who celebrated 16 years July 6.
• Susan Banaszak of Carnegie will celebrate a birthday July 17 with her main man, son Jack Catena.
• Happy 51st wedding anniversary to Vincent and Judy Bellini, who celebrate in July with family and friends.
• Happy first birthday to Sophia Lillian Dodd, who celebrates on Friday. Sophia is the daughter of Renna and Justin Dodd and is little sister to Michael and Ryan.
• Happy 21st wedding anniversary to Kathleen and Hush Cantley, who celebrate on July 18. They are the parents of Kaitlin and Brandan.
• Happy third birthday on Saturday to Alyssa McGuire, daughter of Beth and Paul McGuire, granddaughter of Steve and Coral Glancy and little sister of Erica, Sabrina, Jasmine and Jacklyn McGuire.
• Dottie and Rich Wagner of Collier Township will celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary on Sunday.
• Wishing Jeanne and Yosty Podurgiel of Scott Township speedy recoveries as they recuperate from two separate accidents.
• Happy 50+ birthday to Jim Long of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on July 16.
Also, to Jim and Kim Rivera's four-legged German shepherd, Lacy, who celebrated her first birthday on July 9 with a princess birthday party. Kim and Jim own the Long Rail Farms in Conneaut Lake. Lacy is training for therapy work.
• Belated 14th birthday to Nate Keifner, who celebrated July 5. Nate is the son of Luann and Tom Keifner of Collier Township and will be a freshman at Chartiers Valley High School in the fall.
• Birthdays this week include Christina Vaccarello, Jani Talotta, Breanna Trecki, Bruce Nordeen, Katie Byerly, Joan Kirby, Larraine Fleck, Pat Jennings and Sheryl Miller-Killen.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Collier gets creative in ways to pay for extra road salt
- Carnegie uses state allocation to update road paving schedule
- Collier couple celebrate birth of first child
- Carnegie skatepark construction heats up like the weather
- Carlynton, Chartiers Valley reaffirm security in wake of FR school stabbings
- Voluntary tutor sessions popular with Carlynton students
- Military exhibit a showstopper at Bridgeville History Center
- South Fayette family spreads the good news in many ways
- Bridgeville music center-sponsored brass camp trumpets value of practice
- Carnegie gets rewarded with ‘Tree City’ designation
- Wall to wall rock Saturday night at Carnegie Music Hall