Crafton natives are united in marriage at St. Mary of the Mount
Jaylynn Sapsara and Daniel Leslie, both born and raised in Crafton, were married on June 22 at St. Mary of the Mount Church on Mt. Washington.
Jaylynn is the daughter of Jolinda Bassano and Mr. and Mrs. John Sapsara III of Pittsburgh.
Dan is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Leslie of South Windsor, Conn. Grandparents include Mr. and Mrs. James Bassano, Mr. and Mrs. George Leslie and Mr. and Mrs. George Montville.
Jaylynn and Dan welcomed their family and friends at the Marriott City Center before departing for their honeymoon to Secrets St. James in Montego Bay.
The couple make their home in Pittsburgh.
• Congratulations to Class of 2012 Carlynton alumnus Nikolaus Sappie. He is the son of Frank and Debbie Sappie of Crafton and attends Waynesburg University.
As a freshman, Nik was voted Football Rookie of the Year. An offensive lineman, he made the starting team and helped Waynesburg win the Presidents Athletic Conference championship.
• The family of Dakota Houy, 19, who passed away accidentally on June 27, extends the following:
“We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support. Thank you to our family, friends, neighbors, community leaders, members of our respective parishes and all of those whose lives that Dakota had touched. Your generosity and support have been greatly appreciated. Special thanks to Carnegie United Methodist Church and Szafranski-Eberlein Funeral Home.”
• Happy 38th wedding anniversary to Kathy (McCreary) and Ron McCartney of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrate on July 19. They are the parents of Michelle (Matthew) Ball and they have one grandson, Mason McCartney Ball.
• Birthdays this week include Charlie Harbin, Ronny Hatcher, Joan (Teyssier) Kundra, Linda Alisesky, Cece Stocki, Vicki Feeney, Tony Williams, Joe Yurchak, Linda Driscoll, Tim Bailey, Jake Dulick, Diane Durst, Leanne McGrogan, Britnee Smith, Carrie Wilson Holderbaum, Rebecca Petronsky and Jovanna DiFiore.
• Happy 21st wedding anniversary to Kathleen and Hush Cantley, who celebrate today. They are the parents of Kaitlin and Brandan.
• Carole (Woods) and Harry Lynch of Carnegie celebrate their 48th wedding anniversary on July 24. They are the parents of Candace (Gerry) Lieder, Courtney (Bob) Crawford and Curt (Kelli) Lynch and have six grandchildren.
• Katie (McMullen) and Andrew Smith of Crafton will celebrate their second wedding anniversary on July 22. Katie is the daughter of Nancy (Bryan) and Chris McMullen of Carnegie, and Andrew is the son of Debbie Klein (Jim Hedges) of Crafton and Tom (Arleen) Smith of Crafton. Katie is the granddaughter of Joan and the late Jack Bryan of Cubbage Hill.
• Happy third wedding anniversary to Nicole (Fiori) and Chris Flaherty of Carnegie, who celebrate on July 24. Nicole and Chris are the parents of a son, Luke.
• Happy birthday to son and mother – Timmy Mancini, who celebrates his 24th on July 22, and Linda Mancini, who celebrates her birthday on July 31. They live in Collier Township.
• Happy seventh birthday to Ryan Cameron Clegg, who will celebrate on July 23. He is the son of Katie (Krasousky) and Cameron Clegg. His grandparents are Liz and Tim Krasousky and great-grandparents are Shirley and the late Ed Krasousky of Rosslyn Heights.
He is big brother to Jordan, Wyatt, and Collyn.
• Happy 62nd wedding anniversary to Marcy and Rege Kormick, who celebrate on July 21. They are the parents of Rege Jr., Bob (Pattie) and Mary Ann. They also have four grandkids. Marcy will celebrate her 82nd birthday on July 23.
• Happy 15th birthday to Britnee Smith, who celebrates on July 22 and to her sister, Carlee Smith, who will be 11 on July 26. They are the daughters of Beth Smith.
• Happy birthday to Paul McIver of Collier Township, who celebrates on July 23 with his wife, Sue, and family.
• Steve Glancy of Carnegie celebrates another year on July 20. Steve and his wife, Coral, are the parents of four children and are proud of their eight grandchildren.
• Happy 15th birthday to Taylor Huddart from Carnegie, who celebrated at the Justin Bieber concert in Buffalo on July 15.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.