Stores relocate locally; new businesses start up
MoZaic Boutique is relocating to Collier Town Square from 600 Taylor Way in Bridgeville.
Owner Nancy Gilmore's motto for the store is “where art blends with fashion.” She showcases an eclectic mix of upscale, handcrafted art, jewelry, accessories and apparel. A grand opening is set for September. Visit www.mozaicboutique.com or call 412-319-7483 for details.
On the move
Oasis Nails & Spa is moving from 1100 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, to 1326 Hope Hollow Road, Scott Township (former Victor/Victoria's Salon) and will reopen in the new location by the end of August. Call 412-221-7898 for information.
News and notes
• David Pope has been appointed to the South Fayette Township environmental advisory council. He is vice president of the South Fayette conservation group.
• Smoking and tobacco use are prohibited in all South Fayette Township parks and playgrounds. Warning signs are being installed as part of the Tobacco Free Allegheny program.
Violators may be subject to ejection from the property and a fine of up to $600.
• Danielle Jesensky is the new dentist in the Forsythe Dental Center, 1 Forsythe Road, Presto.
A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh dental school, she is taking over the practice of William E. Syling, D.D.S., who retired in June. The same staff continues to offer all dental services. Call 412-221-9552 for an appointment.
• At the same address but on the second floor is the newly opened Cure My Score, a full-service credit counseling and restorative company. The staff focuses on credit education and improving credit profiles by creating custom plans for each client. Call 412-564-5370 for an appointment or visit www.curemyscore.com.
• Carol Fraker is the new church administrator at Journey Church on Prestley Road in Bridgeville.
• South Fayette Township resident Janet Snak is the new executive director of the Char-West Council of Governments. The organization's former office manager for 26 years, she replaces George Scarborough, who retired at the end of July.
The Char-West COG was awarded the 2012 Governor's Award for Local Excellence and the 2012 Daniel Burnham Award for the plan and involvement of residents and businesses.
The Char-West COG includes the communities of Bridgeville, Carnegie, Collier, Coraopolis, Crafton, Crescent, Green Tree, Ingram, Kennedy, McKees Rocks, Neville, North Fayette, Oakdale, Robinson, Rosslyn Farms, South Fayette, Stowe and Thornburg.
• Lauren Blackwell is the new Ballet Barre Fitness instructor at Studio Pantera, 21 E. Main St., Carnegie. She also will be teaching an adult ballet class. Call 412-722-2054 for class times.
Champion Restorations has opened at 3075 Washington Pike, South Fayette Township, specializing in roofing, siding and gutters of residential and commercial properties. Visit www.championrestorationspa.com or call 724-300-5277 for more details.
New yoga digs
Updog Yoga has opened at 1840 Mayview Road, South Fayette Township. Owned by Dawna Dodd and Nicci Werger, the facility features a 900-square-foot yoga studio and a 500-square-foot changing area. There will be unheated yoga classes as well as “hot” yoga (where the studio is heated with radiant heating, from 85 to 95 degrees). Eventually, the staff would like to start offering children's classes and prenatal yoga classes. Call 412-506-7299 for class schedules.
Charlotte Smith is a contributing writer for Trib Total Media and can be reached at 724-693-9441 or email@example.com.