63rd anniversary a family affair for Irma and Arvin Sorge
Happy 63rd wedding anniversary to Irma and Arvin Sorge of Neville Manor, who celebrate on Aug. 28.
Joining their celebration are their children Sheldon (Tammy Wiens) Sorge of Carnegie, and Bob (Marci) Sorge of Kansas City, Mo., as well as their grandchildren Sonya Parlier (Andrew) of Stuart's Draft, Va., Stephanie Wing (Andy) of Harrodsburg, Ky., and Joel Sorge (Anna), Katie Hebbert (Ben), and Michael Sorge, all of Kansas City, Mo.; and nine great-grandchildren.
• Albert Ross of the Washington Garden Apartments in Carnegie observed his 99th birthday on Aug. 15, with a celebratory dinner.
Al has seven children, 14 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
• Happy 30th wedding anniversary to Joyce (Pointer) and David Stoakes of Glendale, who will celebrate on Aug. 27. They are parents of one son, Michael.
• Birthdays this week include Barbara Cantley, Tara Celli, Tara Wilmus Smith, Paulette Colonna, Brandan Cantley, Patti (Mauti) Dwinga, Gale Sakai, Chris Cantley, LaVerne Hilty, Ashley Comer-Romeo, Barbara Barbour-Cantley, Cynthia Loos, Jamey Stewart, Sal Mollica, Cathy Naccarelli and Chuck Morrida.
• Becky and Mike Saracena celebrate their 14th wedding anniversary on Aug. 27.
Becky is well-known for her many years of service at the Gab ‘n Eat in Scott Township.
• Mason Follmer of Rosslyn Farms celebrates his 17th birthday on Aug. 29 with his mother (Michele), father (Jack) and brother, Adam.
• Happy seventh wedding anniversary to Lora and Frank Wilson of Carnegie, who celebrate on Aug. 26.
Lora and Frank are the parents of a daughter, Madilyn Margret, and son Benjamin Francis.
• Happy 12th birthday to Ashleigh Cornish, who will celebrate on Aug. 27.
Ashleigh is the daughter of Dyana (Rob) Mongelli. Her grandparents are Ginny Maloney and Sam Wood. Ashleigh's siblings are Ryan, Zac, Madison, Jake and Luke.
• Donna (Macara) and Bob Whitaker will celebrate their 31st wedding anniversary on Aug. 28. They are the parents of Bob Jr., Heather Lynn and Bill.
• Happy fourth wedding anniversary to Lindsey and Bill Handerhan Jr., who celebrate on Aug. 29.
They are parents of Liam and Madison.
• Devin Michael Lawrence celebrates his fourth birthday on Aug. 25. He is the son of Melissa (Snyder) and Dennis Lawrence. Helping him blow out the big candle were his big brothers, D.J. and Dylan.
• Happy 54th wedding anniversary to Caroline (Froetschel) and Joseph Butter Sr., who celebrate on Aug. 29.
They are the parents of four children — Dr. Desiree Butter of the North Hills, Joseph (Danya) Butter of Kansas, Shawn Butter of Las Vegas, Nev., and Rachael (Jeff) Blank of Crafton. Caroline and Joseph also have six grandchildren — Roger, Jacob, Cheyenne, and Shawn Joseph Butter and Zachary and Sarah Blank.
• Happy fourth birthday to Robert Bernard West Jr., who celebrates on Aug. 26.
He is the son of Christine Darnley and Bobby West of Glendale. His grandparents are Colleen and Charlie Geis of Glendale. His paternal grandmother is Barbara West of Upper St. Clair and his paternal aunts are Jackie and Charlene West of Glendale. Big sister Samantha West, 18, helped him celebrate.
• Happy fifth wedding anniversary to Nancy and Jim Boyd, who celebrated on Aug. 16. Jim is a 1974 graduate of Chartiers Valley, and Nancy is a 1975 CV graduate.
• Birthday wishes to Randy Shaffer of Glendale, who celebrated on Aug. 15 with his loving wife Darlene.
• Thoughts and prayers are sent to Gordon Taylor of Carnegie from his many friends and family.
• Patty and John Spotti of Crafton will celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary on Aug. 26. They are the parents of one daughter, Kelli.
• Happy first birthday to Trace Skeba, who celebrated on Aug. 18 with lots of family and friends. Trace is the son of Kim Maust and Pete Skeba and has two older brothers, Gaige and Myles.
• Welcome back members of the Mollica, Maloney, Schepis, Apicella and Nadik families — after invading Cancun for a week.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.