Jinny Forsythe Rye observes 96th birthday at family homestead
Virginia (Jinny) Forsythe Rye celebrated her 96th birthday on Sept. 17. Jinny is in great health and still lives in the home where she grew up near Carnegie Park with her sister, Wanda Clay.
In 2012, Jinny wore her Navy uniform from World War II on a KDKA-TV2 Veterans Day special. Her story and picture appeared in The Signal Item.
Jinny married Olaf Rye, who was born in Denmark and was a U.S. citizen and an army lieutenant. They have three children — Linda and twins, Doug and Diane. Jinny and Olaf lived in Hartsdale, N.Y., and retired to a farm in Wells, Vt., until Olaf died in 2005 and she moved back to her family homestead.
• Susan (Spath) and Jim Fiori of Carnegie celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary on Sept. 11.
They are the parents of two daughters, Nicole (Chris) Flaherty and Christine, and have one grandson, Luke.
• Joan Pandolph of Cubbage Hill celebrated her birthday on Sept. 11.
Joan is the proud mom to Thomas, Robert and James. She has one grandson, Anthony.
• Dave and Cathy Schwartzmiller will celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary today, Thursday.
Dave and Cathy live in Heidelberg with their three cats.
• Mary Beth (Raco) and Tony Williams of Rennerdale will celebrate 31 years of marriage on Sept. 26.
The couple has two children, Carmen and Melina. Also, happy birthday to Mary Beth who celebrates the same day. Mary Beth and Tony are both Chartiers Valley High School graduates.
• Happy seventh birthday to Morgan Elizabeth Salerno of Scott Township, who celebrates on Sept. 22.
Morgan is the daughter of Tracy (Tim) Cooper and is little sister to Allison and Haley.
• Jennifer (Kaminski) and Shawn Mulligan will celebrate their ninth wedding anniversary on Sept. 25.
Jennifer is the daughter of Sheila and John Kaminski of Glendale, and Shawn is the son of Linda and Pat Mulligan, also of Glendale.
• Linda (Schepis) Spotti of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on Sept. 25.
Linda is the wife of Sarge Spotti and they have four daughters — Aubrey, Candice, Brooke and Courtney.
• Happy birthday to Linda's brother, Pete Schepis, who celebrated on Sept. 14 with his wife, Debbie, and family.
Pete is known for his many years of service with Carnegie Borough.
• Katie (Krasousky) and Cameron Clegg will celebrate their eighth wedding anniversary on Sept. 24. They are parents of Ryan, Aydan and twins, Wyatt Baird and Collyn Edward.
• Happy 31st wedding anniversary to Holly and Chris Nagy of Carnegie, who will celebrate on Sept. 25.
Holly and Chris are the parents of two daughters, Amber and Kristen.
• Happy Birthday to John Spotti of Crafton, who will celebrate on Sept. 21 with his wife, Patty, and daughter Kelli.
• Happy wedding anniversary to Kari (Utchell) and Dean Milko as they celebrate on Sept. 24.
• Thinking of Susan Cantwell of Carnegie as she celebrates her big day on Sept. 20.
Also, to Susan and husband Jack's son, John Patrick (J.P.), who celebrates his 14th birthday on Sept. 25. Susan is a teacher at Carnegie Elementary School.
• Betty (Clerici) and Bob Reiss of Carnegie will celebrate their 39th wedding anniversary on Sept. 27.
They are the parents of two daughters, Holly Floyd of Carnegie and Heather Hunter. Betty and Bob are also have four grandchildren, Morgan and Jacob Floyd and Kaitlin and Riley Hunter.
• Birthdays this week include Koree Lattner, Jamie (McIntosh) Bourg, Donna Gielarowski, Vicki (Annesi) Revay, Ali Hatcher, Alicia LeRoy, Eric Lynch, Gary Ludin, Marian Burnett, Mary Ann Pucci, Kim Turnbull-Close, Natosha Aston, Jenn Rennie and Mindy Harrist.
• Happy 43rd wedding anniversary to Jeannine (Kleysteuber) and Denzil Wilson of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrate today. They are the parents of Ken (Gretchen) Wilson, Cynthia (Chad) Daugherty, Tom (Kathy) Wilson and Carrie (Denny) Holderbaum. They also have seven grandchildren — Kayla, Eddie, Bryce, David, Zack, Brady and Bryan.
• Jan Sweeney of Crafton celebrated her 60th birthday on Sept. 16 with her husband, Chuck, kids Jenn (Rory) Cylenica, Patrick (Kristen) and Nicholas, and sister-in-law Cathy Sweeney. Jan also has two granddaughters, Macenzie and Sofie.
• Carnegie Presbyterian Church on Ewing Road in Collier Township will have its Apple Festival and Pancake Breakfast on Saturday from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- South Fayette dance marathon brings in more than $43K
- Scrapbook offers snapshot of former Bridgeville High School
- Saturday seminars among services offered by Carnegie spiritual living center
- Annual bike blessing in Carnegie gathers motorcycling faithful
- New Heidelberg manager hired
- ‘Smooshed’ women find a window of relief with gathering
- Workshop at Bridgeville library offers help on starting a business
- Contracts awarded for sewer and pavement work in Bridgeville
- Chartiers Valley student gets slot in FBI workshop
- Babish-Schultz: Heidelberg native celebrates 97th birthday