Collier couple wins gold at realty association awards banquet
The Realtors Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh (RAMP) held its annual awards presentation on Sept. 12, and Karen and Brian Cummings of Collier Township were gold award winners for Top Team Residential Sales Volume.
They work at Prudential Preferred Realty on Route 19.
• Get well wishes to Gordon Taylor of Carnegie, who is recuperating after receiving a new liver and kidney.
His family and friends send him a lot of love for a quick recovery.
• Happy 26th wedding anniversary to Nancy (Bryan) and Chris McMullin of Carnegie, who celebrate on Oct. 2.
They are the parents of Jennifer (Victor) Jafarace and Katie (Andrew) Smith and have two grandchildren, Austin Chapman and Emma Jafarace.
• Happy fifth birthday to Daniel Gregory Carnes, who celebrates on Sept. 29.
Daniel is the son of Christine and Bill Carnes of Carnegie and has a big sister, Kayleen.
• Happy birthday to Isabella Huehn, who celebrates her 14th on Sept. 28. She is the daughter of Carolyn and Edward Huehn of Carnegie and granddaughter of Rita and Robert Wade of Carnegie.
• Happy 36th wedding anniversary to Tom and Liz DiPietro of Rosslyn Heights, who will celebrate on Oct. 1. They are the parents of Anthony (Avri) and Amy (Tim) Gastgeb. Tom and Liz have one grandson, Mason Gastgeb.
• Happy 36th birthday to Albert Rossi, who celebrates on Sept. 28 with his girl, Margey.
Albert is the son of Joyce and Tom Rossi of Rosslyn Heights.
• Happy 32nd wedding anniversary to Kathy and Zachary Sudiak of Crafton, who celebrate on Oct. 3. They are the parents of two daughters, Janel (Ben) and Elise.
• Happy birthday to Darlene Hatcher of Carnegie, who celebrates on Sept. 30. Darlene is a maintenance worker at Carlynton Junior/Senior High School. She is the mother of Randy Hatcher and grandma to Dasha and Little Randy.
• Pearl and Richard Moehring of Rosslyn Heights will both celebrate their 69th birthdays. Pearl's birthday is Sept. 28 and Richard's is Oct. 2. Pearl and Richard are the parents of Wendy (J.D.) Restich and Richie and Thad Moehring. They also have six grandchildren — David, Danielle and Rachel Restich, and Brittani, Bradley and Brayden Moehring, and three great-grandchildren.
• Betty (Clerici) and Bob Reiss of Carnegie will celebrate their 39th wedding anniversary on Sept. 28.
They are the parents of two daughters, Holly Floyd of Carnegie and Heather Hunter. Betty and Bob have four grandchildren — Morgan and Jacob Floyd and Kaitlin and Riley Hunter.
• Happy 87th birthday to John C. Burne, who celebrates on Sept. 28 with his wife, Helen. Helen and John are the parents of three children — David (Louise) of South Carolina, Kevin (Gwenn) of Scott Township and Cindy (Kurt) Winter of Frankfort Springs, Pa. They also have six grandchildren.
John is a member of the Carnegie Rotary and the Carnegie Presbyterian Church, and they divide their homes between Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
• Happy 83rd birthday to Homer Nixon of Carnegie, who celebrates on Sept. 29 with his wife of 56 years, Lee.
Lee and Homer are the parents of Nancy (Walt) Wisniewski and Tom (Kim) Nixon. They also have two grandchildren, Ashley (Frank) Bailey and Brad Wisniewski, and are awaiting the birth of their first great-grandchild this month.
• Nancy Mattesi of Carnegie celebrates another birthday on Sept. 30.
• Happy 86th birthday to Bob (Red) Kessler of Carnegie, who celebrates on Oct. 2. Red was married to his wife, Jean (Mock) Kessler, for 58 years before her passing in 2005.
They are the parents of Sally (Joe) Schmitt, JoAnn (Bill) Craft, Bob Kessler and Sandy (Ken) Skvarca.
Also wishing him happy birthday are his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
• Brittany Sutton of Scott Township will celebrate her birthday on Sept. 30. She is the daughter of Ken Sutton and the late Judith and has a brother, Kenny Jr. Brittany is expecting her first child in 2013.
• Happy birthday to Jean (Tacola) Fiorentini of Carnegie, who celebrates on Oct. 1. Jean was married to her husband, George, for 40 years until his passing in 2006. She is the mother of Gina May, Alberta, Shawn and George Jr. She has eight grandchildren — Tori, Phillip, Kiersten, Madison, Jordan, Ryan, Brandon and Brandin.
• Happy 60th birthday to Chris Keisling of Carnegie, who celebrates on Sept. 28 with family and friends.
• Birthdays this week include Audrey (Wetmiller) Schroder, Joanne Palombi Stefano, Adrienne Falleroni-Kuny, Traci Aston, Mary Pat Shea Pitcher and Bernedette Talmonti Zombeck.
• Carnegie Presbyterian Church, 219 Ewing Road in Collier, will hold its annual craft and vendor fair on Nov. 2. Tables are available and will go fast, so register early. Call 412-279-3223 to reserve a spot. All proceeds will benefit the church's 2014 mission trip.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.