Lifelong Carnegie resident to celebrate 95th birthday next week
Happy 95th birthday to Marie Sgro, lifelong resident of Carnegie, who celebrates on Oct. 15.
Marie was married to the late Anthony Sgro. Marie and Tony are the parents of Josephine (Douglas) Scott of Virginia, Michelle Rea of Green Tree, and Toni (Ted) Stehney of Virginia. Marie also has seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. Marie's first grandchild, Jennifer Scott Romili, shares her birthday.
Her family will celebrate her birthday this coming weekend at her daughter's home in Green Tree and Arpino Restaurant in Scott Township, which is owned by her granddaugher Melissa Goda and her husband, Steve Goda. Marie has been a member of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish for 95 years.
• Happy 90th birthday to Betty Mittner of Carnegie, who celebrated on Oct. 9. Betty is the mother of John (Donna) Mittner of Carnegie. She has two grandsons, John Jr. and Adam, and four great-grandchildren — Charlotte, Ben, Zekiel and Kyazen.
• Happy 60th wedding anniversary to Pat and Jean Cooney of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrate today. Pat and Jean are the parents of three daughters — Joyce, Donna (Bob) Heinrich and Patty (Steve) Stevens. They have nine grandchildren — Kristen, Shawn, Erin, Lindsay, Christy, Tim, Joe, Shyanne and Joel, and six great-grandchildren — Jack, Lauren, Robby, Shawn Jr., Tyler and Tiernen.
• Happy 52nd birthday wishes to Carnegie Borough public sworks employee J.D. Restich, who celebrates on Sunday. J.D. is the husband of Gwenn and they have two daughters, Danielle and Rachael.
• Anniversary greetings to Jim and Kathy Stewart of Beechwood Avenue in Carnegie, who celebrate 31 years on Oct. 16. They are the parents of two sons, Jamey and Jason.
• Lori (Mitkoski) and Don Kralley of Chartiers Terrace will celebrate their 13th wedding anniversary on Oct. 14.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Edith Moretti of Carnegie, who celebrates on Oct. 17. Edith is the mother of Sandi, Fred and the late Joseph Moretti.
• Kathy (McKinsey) and Jim Bennett of Carnegie will celebrate their 46th wedding anniversary on Oct. 14. Kathy and Jim are the parents of two daughters, Jill (Christopher) Mangum and Jennifer (Dave) Filipek. They have three grandchildren, Abby Filipek, and Mackenzie and Max Mangum.
• Celebrating a very special year on Oct. 17 will be Carmelita (Giammatteo) Woods of Cubbage Hill. Carmie has been married to Clyde for 41 years and together they have four sons and nine grandchildren.
• Amanda (Van Goor) and Jason Woods of Glendale will celebrate their second wedding anniversary on Oct. 15 with their four-legged children.
• Happy 64th birthday to Charles Sweeney of Crafton, who celebrates on Sunday with his wife, Jan, and kids — Jenn (Rory) Cylenica, Patrick (Kristen) and Nicholas. Son Nick celebrates his birthday on Saturday and his sister, Cathy Sweeney of Carnegie, celebrates on Oct. 20.
• Agnes and Bob Colwell of Cloverleaf Estates will celebrate their 61st anniversary on Oct. 16. Their son, Dennis, was the director of the River City Brass Band for 15 years until he retired in 2010. He was with the organization for 25 years.
• Jamie (McIntosh) and Jeff Bourg of South Fayette will celebrate their third anniversary on Oct. 16. Jamie is the daughter of JoAnn and David McIntosh of Carnegie and Jeff is the son of Judy and Robert Bourg of Eighty-Four. They are the parents of a daughter, Kendal.
• Jerry McGrogan of Carnegie celebrates another birthday on Saturday. Gerry is the husband of Denise and they have two children, Kristy (Jason) Goldie and Ryan.
• Lynn and Mike McGuire of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary Friday. Mike is employed at Prion Manufacturing and Lynn is a teacher at the University of Phoenix and a substitute at Carnegie Elementary.
• Happy birthday to Barry Lewellyn, who celebrates his 15th on Oct. 16. Brother John Lewellyn will celebrate his 16th birthday on Oct. 31. Barry and John are the sons of Kelly (Bryan) and Barry Lewellyn of Carnegie and they have a sister, Elizabeth.
• Birthdays this week include Lenny Turnbull, Janel Sudiak Eonta, Crystal Lawrence Davis, Danielle Ranalli, Sarah Pipakis, Will Driscoll, David Zielinski, Kathy Torre and Sonny DeLuca.
• Plan to attend this Sunday, the Knights of Columbus pancake breakfast in St. Luke Hall at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The menu includes pancakes, sausage, eggs, coffee and juice. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children age 10 and under.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.