Scott native heads to altar with Eastern Pennsylvania woman
Eric Turney and Staci Strzelecki were married on Sept. 28 in King of Prussia, Pa.
Eric is a 1999 graduate of Chartiers Valley High School. He is the son of Judy and the late Donald Turney Jr. of Scott Township. Eric is the grandson of Betty Turney of Carnegie and Anna Mae Varlinsky of Carnegie.
Staci is the daughter of Ed and Sharon Strzelecki of Phoenixville, Pa.
Eric and Staci settled into a home in Quakertown after visiting Hawaii for their honeymoon.
Eric works for Clear Channel and Staci works in the medical field.
• Happy birthday to Linda Sciubba, owner of Scoglio's Restaurant in Green Tree, who celebrates on Oct. 28 with a party of family and friends.
Linda has one son and two grandchildren. Scoglio's is located in Building 7 at Foster Plaza, and Linda is well-known in the area, having been a manager at the original Scoglio's for many years.
• Lori (Smith) Dedola of Rosslyn Heights celebrates her birthday Oct. 30. Lori is the wife of Dave and they have three sons — Guy, Dean and David.
• Birthday greetings to Joan Cantley of Carnegie, who celebrates tomorrow. Joan is the mother of Bobbi Jo, Chris, Marc (Hush) (wife Kathleen), Rick (Barbara) and the late Donnie. She is the grandmother of Rick Jr., Jackie Hertzler, the late Jenny, Jeremy, Donnie, Jordan, Justin, Kaitlin and Brandan. Joan is great-grandmother to Journie and Paige Cantley and Elizabeth, Hope Mae and Jackson Hertzler.
• Jean (Scisciani) and Gary Brandebura of Carnegie will celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary Oct. 26. They are the parents of two daughters, Hannah Lyn and Lindsey. Also, Hannah will celebrate her 17th birthday Oct. 31.
• Happy birthday to Louise Stewart of Carnegie (Stewart Flowers), who celebrates on Oct. 31. Louise is the wife of the late Elmer Stewart and is the mother of Ron (Annette) and Jim (Kathy) Stewart. She has five grandchildren — Beth Ann (John) Yarowenko, Ron John Stewart, Jamey and Jason Stewart and Kelly (Shawn) Wigle. Louise also has eight great-grandchildren — Stewart, Natasha, Johnny, Conner, Cole, Jessica, Nicholas and Hayden.
• Birthday wishes to Christine (McMurray) O'Malley of Glendale, who celebrates Friday. Christine is the wife of John and they have three children — John Jr., Michael and Heather (Emad) Elsayed. Christine and John also have two grandchildren, Saphayaa, 18 months, and Ameena, 5 months.
• Happy 11th birthday to Robby Heinrich, who celebrates Oct. 26. Robby is the son of Shawn and Meghan Heinrich and is big brother to Shawn Jr. and Tyler.
• Pam Wheat will celebrate her birthday Oct. 26. Pam is the daughter of Joan and the late John Wheat of Scott Township. Pam and her mother have owned and operated P. J.'s Deli, Bakery and Catering on Bower Hill Road in Bridgeville for 35 years.
• Happy 30th birthday to Jordan Hilty of Bridgeville, who celebrates Oct. 31. Jordan is the son of Lizann and Jeff Hilty and brother to Jeffrey and Joseph.
• Dave Colonna of Rosslyn Heights celebrates his birthday today, Thursday. Dave is the husband of Paulette and they have two sons, Dan and Christopher.
• Happy fifth birthday to Sophia Grace Hathaway, who celebrates Oct. 31. Sophia is the daughter of Leah and Jake Hathaway of Scott Township.
• Frank and Garnett Kocik of Glendale will celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary on Oct. 29. They are the parents of Amber (Josh) Scanlon, Ali and Alyssa.
• Birthdays this week include Anita Malecki, Chris Handerhan, Linda Walnoha, Chris Burek, Timothy Castello, Josh Campbell, Lauren Ramsey, Amy Hatcher, Katie McMullin Smith, Norma Kiefer, John Turnbull and Phil Thornburg.
• Linda Mancini and Christine Leach of Carnegie have returned from a two-week vacation in Hawaii. They enjoyed many tourist attractions.
• Happy belated birthday to Louisa Klapach of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrated on Oct. 16. She is the mother of Linda Schoen, Cheryl DeRiso and Jo Marie Klapach. Joining the celebration were friends, family, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
• Vendors are needed for the craft show being held Nov. 2 at the Carnegie Presbyterian Church on Ewing Road. Call 412-279-3223 to reserve a spot. Tables are $25 each.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.