Ashley and Frank Bailey celebrate birth of daughter, Kenzie
Congratulations to Ashley (Wisniewski) and Frank Bailey of Cresson on the birth of their daughter on Oct. 2.
Kenzie Harper Bailey weighed 8 pounds, 13.5 ounces and was 20 inches long. Kenzie is the first grandchild for maternal grandparents Nancy and Walt Wisniewski of Carnegie and the first great-granddaughter of Lee and Homer Nixon of Carnegie.
Paternal grandparents are Debbie Bailey and Francis Bailey of the northern Cambria area. Paternal great-grandparents are Sandra and John Weymer and Kathleen and the late Francis Bailey.
• Happy 85th birthday to Salvatore Williams of Scott Township, who celebrates on Friday. Salvatore is the husband of Reni Williams for 58 years and they are the parents of Sandy (Robbie) Farinella of Georgia, Suzy (Steve) Monteverde, Sonny, Tony (Mary Beth) and the late Teresa Williams, all of Pittsburgh. They have 10 grandchildren — Joey, Reni and Salvatore Monteverde, David, Louis, Robert and Claire Farinella, Carmen and Melina Williams and Zachary Arenson. Sal and Reni also have one great-grandchild, Steven Joseph Monteverde.
• Happy birthday to Valera Whitaker of Carnegie, who celebrates on Friday. Val is the wife of Aaron, and together they have six children — Karen (Rick), Aaron (Shelly), Bob (Donna), Rich (Alberta), Wendy (Don) and Jen. Val and Aaron also have 14 grandchildren.
• Nancy (Bodnar) Brown of Rosslyn Heights celebrates her birthday on Saturday. She is the wife of William Brown, and they have four children — Mary Jane Kummer, Terry (Diane) Brown, William (Debbie) Brown and Holly (Norman) Dietrick. Nancy and William also have five grandkids — Heather Nagy (Greg) Anthou, Ashley Mahdavi (Brad Koch), Justin Kummer, Jack and Max Dietrick, and four great-grandkids — Greyson, Gavin, Anastasia and Margo Anthou.
• Happy second birthday to Mackenzie Jane Kizina, who celebrates on Sunday. Mackenzie is the daughter of Mary (Corba) and Eric Kizina of Scott Township. Her grandparents are Grace and Mike Corba of Carnegie, Lynn (Malley) Kizina of Crafton, and Barry and Grace Kizina of Beaver Falls.
Great-grandparents are Nora Chilton of Collier Township and Lettie and Alvin Kizina of Sheridan.
• Aubrey Elizabeth Hermann of Carnegie celebrated her first birthday on Oct. 29. Aubrey is the daughter of Jamie and Mark Hermann and has a big sister, Madison Paige. Grandparents include Donna and Bob Gielarowski of Carnegie.
• Traci (Handerhan) and Boyd Houy of Kennedy Township (formerly of Carnegie) will celebrate their ninth wedding anniversary on Nov. 6 with family and friends.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Jim Ganoe of Carnegie, who celebrates his 64th on Nov. 5. Jim has been the husband of Lorraine Ganoe for 41 years on Nov. 17.
• Cheryl (Keisling) Hillen of Collier Township celebrates her birthday on Nov. 4. She is Mom to Crystal Comley, Holly Comley Cochran and the late Jesse Hillen. Cheryl is Grandma to Karlee Kovacs and Cole Cochran. She is the daughter of Jewel Sadowsky Keisling and the late Christopher H. Keisling.
• Happy 29th wedding anniversary to Kathy (Jeffrey) and Donald Henderson of Carnegie, who celebrate on Nov. 3.
• Happy birthday to Janet Opalanko of Carnegie, who celebrates on Sunday. She is the mother of Natasha.
• Happy 18th birthday to Jared Gardner, who celebrates on Friday. Jared is the son of Paula and Jayme Gardner of Carnegie and is a senior at Carlynton High School.
• Happy seventh birthday to Joseph Mollica, who celebrates on Sunday and to his big sister, Brooke, who turns 20 on Nov. 17. Joseph and Brooke are the children of Lynn and Joe Mollica of Carnegie. Joseph is in kindergarten at Carnegie Elementary School.
• Rose and Ray Pencosky of Carnegie celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary on Oct. 28. Rose and Ray are the parents of two daughters, Nicole Lynn, and Michelle Lynn.
• Lifespan/Chartiers Center is having an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner on Sunday from noon until 5 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12 years old. The ticket price includes salad, bread, beverage and dessert. Call 412-276-5056 to purchase tickets in advance.
• Birthdays this week include Jesse and Josh Valentine, Marianne Miraglia Cummings, Shannon McGrady, Donna Mittner, Linda Frost, Pam McCreary, Betty Clerici Reiss, Frank Torchia, Joe Hultz, Jill Bryan and Nancy Boyd.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Couple celebrates 61st anniversary on Christmas Eve
- 1904 grade separation plan provides insight into community
- For Crafton Elementary school students, loom business is booming
- Morning radio show displays ‘ugly’ sweaters at Collier business
- Carnegie church brightens Christmas with free meals
- Bridgeville council OKs sewage rate increase
- Crafton Elementary teacher earns straight A’s from staff
- Bob’s Diner owner buys Carnegie location
- Holiday tree offers sobering message to Chartiers Valley High School students
- Carnegie elementary faculty credits programs with higher state scores
- Carnegie couple to celebrate 40th anniversary Dec. 21