Former Cubbage Hill resident marks 99th birthday
Joseph Masciantonio, formerly of Cubbage Hill and current resident of Country Meadows Retirement Community, celebrates his 99th birthday on Nov. 14. Joe was married to the former Larane Woods for 69 years before her passing in 2010.
Joe and Larane had two daughters, Lora (Robert) Michigan of Ohio and Janice (Robert) Schultz of North Carolina. They have four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• Happy 41st wedding anniversary to Diana (Kolb) and Fred Van Goor of Carnegie, who will celebrate on Nov. 11.
Diana and Fred are the parents of Karl (Stacy) Van Goor of Green Tree and Amanda (James) Woods of Glendale. They are blessed with three grandchildren — Allie, Addison and Anthony Van Goor.
• Congratulations to Kyle Schneiderlochner, who graduated from Army basic training on Oct. 17 in Ft. Benning, Ga. Kyle will attend officer candidate school in Harrisburg. He is the son of Amy (Rupert) and Michael Schneiderlocher of Crafton.
• Happy 76th birthday to Audrey Teyssier of Glendale, who celebrates Nov. 11. Audrey and her husband, Ray, just celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary.
Audrey and Ray are the parents of five children — Robin (Herb) Feige, Raymond, Renea (Michael) Holden, Joan (Ken) Kundra and the late Marie (Ron) Catrain. Audrey and Ray also have 10 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
• Happy 87th birthday to Anna Marie (Adamo) Mauti of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates on Nov. 13.
She is the mother of Augie (Janice) Mauti, the Rev. Joe (Marianne) Mauti, Patty (Leon) Dwinga and Jo Marie (Dave) Tissue. Anna Marie has 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Anna Marie was the wife of Bob Mauti, who died in 2006.
• Mary Ann (Shaffer) and Shag Shaughnessy of Carnegie will celebrate their 49th wedding anniversary on Nov. 14.
They are the parents of Richard Shaughnessy of Florida, Heather (Mark) Russo of Moon Township, and Shannan (Mike) Shaughnessy of New York. Mary Ann and Shag have three grandchildren — Ryan, Daniel and Megan Ann.
• Happy ninth birthday to Elizabeth “Libby” Hertzler of Collier Township, who celebrates on Nov. 11. She is the daughter of Jackie (Cantley) and Rick Hertzler and has a little sister, Hope Mae, and little brother Jackson James.
• Happy 23rd anniversary to Jenny and Jack Bryan, who celebrate on Nov. 10. They are the parents of Ben and Emily.
• Happy 16th birthday to Will Wharton of Ft. Pitt, who celebrates on Nov. 12. Will is the son of Janey Eger and grandson of the late Norma and Paul Eger.
• Leah May Kennedy celebrates her fifth birthday on Nov. 9. She is the daughter of Lucy Kennedy and granddaughter of Nina and Mark Kennedy of Carnegie. Helping her blow out her candles were Uncle Zack, Aunt Megan and baby brother Jude Lee.
• Happy second birthday to Paige Marie Biernacki of South Fayette, who celebrates on Nov. 11. Paige is the daughter of Kristie (Wilkeson) and Greg Biernacki and has a big sister, Lauren Elizabeth, who will be 4 in February.
• Happy 35th wedding anniversary to Pattie and Bob Kormick of Crafton, who celebrate on Nov. 11. They are the parents of one daughter, Robyn.
• Happy one-year wedding anniversary to Kelly (Sartori) and Matt Wilson, who will celebrate on Nov. 9. They are expecting their first child in December.
• Happy 71st birthday to Rick Funaro, who celebrates on Nov. 9. Rick is the husband of Barb and they have twin daughters, Jennifer (Chuck) Partyka, and Julie (Craig) Caffarelli. They have four grandchildren — Mason and Adam Partyka, and Thomas and Caroline Caffarelli.
• Diana (Unger) and Michael Clayton of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary on Nov. 14. They are the parents of Katlyn, Zachary and Tyler.
• Birthdays this week include the Rev. David Poecking, Dawn (Dombrowski) Wood, Father Bob Popichak, Charlie Dagnal, Mary Cay Dunmyer, Dan Burns, J.R. Cornell, Allison Zyra, Amy Moore, Cynthia Adams Lum, John Pitrone and Amber Glowark.
• Treva (Fortney) and Larry Huffman of Oakdale celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary on Nov. 5. They were married in Morgantown, W.Va. Treva and Larry are the parents of Tiffany Kehm, Scott and Chad Huffman. They also have six grandchildren — Colby, Cameron and Chloe Kehm, and Emma, Ale and Sophia Huffman.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Annual pet blessing in Scott is short, but sweet
- Collier to require 4-year degree when hiring police
- Carlynton senior collecting items for military care packages
- Record collectors help give new life to vinyl at Green Tree convention