Bridgeville family to celebrate birthdays for father, son
Happy 60th birthday to Gordon Giffin of Giffin Interior and Fixtures in Bridgeville, who celebrates on Dec. 31 with his wife Debbie, family and friends.
Gordon and Debbie are the parents of two sons, Dustin (who shares his dad's birthday) and Andrew.
Gordon and Debbie live in Collier Township and are active with the Carnegie-Collier Rotary Club.
• Debbie (Livermore) and Tom McGrogan of Carnegie celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary tomorrow, Friday. Debbie and Tom enjoy time with friends, family and their dogs. Debbie taught for many years at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School and they are both active in their church.
• Happy third Birthday to Mason McCartney Ball, who celebrates on Dec. 28 with a family party. He also celebrated with a Batman theme at his daycare where his friends played basketball and ate pizza and cupcakes. Mason is the son of Michelle (McCartney) and Matthew Ball of West Virginia, and grandson of Ron and Kathy McCartney of Carnegie. He is the great-grandson of Barbara McCreary of Cloverleaf Estates.
• Seth Dwinga of Collier Township will celebrate his 18th birthday on Dec. 30. He is the son of Leon and Patty Dwinga, brother of Lee and Stephanie, and grandson of Anna Marie Mauti, all of Collier.
• Happy birthday to Joanna Abel on Dec. 27 with her husband, family and friends.
• Happy 52nd birthday to Dave Dulick of Crafton, who celebrates on Dec. 30. Dave is the husband of Tammy and they have two sons, Jake and Eddie.
• Happy fourth wedding anniversary to Cassie and Adam Mishkin of Crafton, who will celebrate on New Year's Eve. Cassie is the daughter of Claire and Tim Megyesy and Adam is the son of Maggie and Rand Mishkin of Crafton.
• Happy 22nd birthday to Brianna Schade, a senior at Penn State, who celebrates her birthday on New Year's Day. Brianna is the daughter of Pat Schade and the granddaughter of Mary Ann and Andy Schade of Carnegie.
• Happy birthday to Larry Byerly of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates his 88th on Dec. 31. Larry and his wife, Irma, have been married for 67 years. Irma and Larry have two sons, Mike (Jeanne) Byerly of Carnegie and George (Brooke) Byerly of Harrisburg. They also have four grandchildren — Katie, Jonathan, Matthew and Bryan.
• Steven Bevan of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate his 21st birthday on New Years Day. He is the son of Cindy and Rich Bevan and is a junior at the University of Cincinnati.
• Janet Trecki of Rosslyn Heights celebrates another year on Dec. 30. She is the wife of John Trecki, and they are the parents of Mandi, Nicole, John Jr., Jason and Breanna. They also have four grandchildren — Anthony, J.T., Pammy and Danielle.
• Happy birthday wishes to Carl Zenone of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates Dec. 29 with his wife, Angela (Falleroni), and their daughter, Izabella.
• Caleigh Jane Lynch of Carnegie celebrates her fourth birthday on Dec. 30. Caleigh is the daughter of Kelli (Jett) and Curt Lynch and has a big brother, Cole Jacob, 9.
• Dr. Charles Sakai celebrates his birthday on Dec. 29 with friends and family. Doc is the husband of Gale and the father of Scott (Chrissy) of Waynesburg, Lindsay (Sam) Alloway of Moon and Drew (Brandon) Enochs of Imperial. Doc and Gale have four grandchildren — Jonathan Sakai, Keegan and Logan Alloway and Charlie Jo Enochs. Dr. Sakai has been a dentist in the Crafton area for many years.
• Happy 40th wedding anniversary to Denise (Pitrone) and Frank Guarnaccio of Rennerdale, who celebrate on Dec. 28. Denise and Frank are the parents of three daughters — Deanna (Blaine) Mountain, Tina (Shane) Morford and Alicia. They also have three grandchildren — Dylan, Gia and Frankie.
• Happy 82nd birthday to Joan (McIntyre) Bryan of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates tomorrow with a family party. She is the wife of the late Jack Bryan, who died in 2009. Joan and Jack are the parents of Susan Davis, Jeffrey Bryan, Jill Bryan, Nancy (Chris) McMullen, Daniel (Cassie) Bryan, Kenneth (Beth) Bryan, Jack (Jenny) Bryan, JoAnn Bryan, Kelly (Barry) Lewellyn and the late John (Bob) Bryan. Joan and Jack have 21 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• Noah James Harris of Scott Township celebrates his fifth birthday on Dec. 29 with family and friends. Noah is the son of Kim Harris and grandson of Barbara Harris.
• Birthdays this week include Kathy Bennett, Tim Downey Jr., Tom Brown, Holly Reiss Floyd, Kayla Thornburg, Shirley Pedersen, Janet Caiuzzi Supko and Karen Liebendorfer.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Local man celebrates 50th birthday with family and friends
- South Fayette board plans tax hike to cover rising expenses
- Bridgeville man ready to reboot ‘Robot Repair’ at Pittsburgh airport
- Write-in votes could determine South Fayette race
- Chartiers Creek-area dance studios prepare for recitals
- Officials bid for property next to Bridgeville Borough building
- Eagle Scouts have strong presence in South Fayette
- Scott library guest discusses humanitarian efforts in Cuba