Bridgeville family to celebrate birthdays for father, son
Happy 60th birthday to Gordon Giffin of Giffin Interior and Fixtures in Bridgeville, who celebrates on Dec. 31 with his wife Debbie, family and friends.
Gordon and Debbie are the parents of two sons, Dustin (who shares his dad's birthday) and Andrew.
Gordon and Debbie live in Collier Township and are active with the Carnegie-Collier Rotary Club.
• Debbie (Livermore) and Tom McGrogan of Carnegie celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary tomorrow, Friday. Debbie and Tom enjoy time with friends, family and their dogs. Debbie taught for many years at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School and they are both active in their church.
• Happy third Birthday to Mason McCartney Ball, who celebrates on Dec. 28 with a family party. He also celebrated with a Batman theme at his daycare where his friends played basketball and ate pizza and cupcakes. Mason is the son of Michelle (McCartney) and Matthew Ball of West Virginia, and grandson of Ron and Kathy McCartney of Carnegie. He is the great-grandson of Barbara McCreary of Cloverleaf Estates.
• Seth Dwinga of Collier Township will celebrate his 18th birthday on Dec. 30. He is the son of Leon and Patty Dwinga, brother of Lee and Stephanie, and grandson of Anna Marie Mauti, all of Collier.
• Happy birthday to Joanna Abel on Dec. 27 with her husband, family and friends.
• Happy 52nd birthday to Dave Dulick of Crafton, who celebrates on Dec. 30. Dave is the husband of Tammy and they have two sons, Jake and Eddie.
• Happy fourth wedding anniversary to Cassie and Adam Mishkin of Crafton, who will celebrate on New Year's Eve. Cassie is the daughter of Claire and Tim Megyesy and Adam is the son of Maggie and Rand Mishkin of Crafton.
• Happy 22nd birthday to Brianna Schade, a senior at Penn State, who celebrates her birthday on New Year's Day. Brianna is the daughter of Pat Schade and the granddaughter of Mary Ann and Andy Schade of Carnegie.
• Happy birthday to Larry Byerly of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates his 88th on Dec. 31. Larry and his wife, Irma, have been married for 67 years. Irma and Larry have two sons, Mike (Jeanne) Byerly of Carnegie and George (Brooke) Byerly of Harrisburg. They also have four grandchildren — Katie, Jonathan, Matthew and Bryan.
• Steven Bevan of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate his 21st birthday on New Years Day. He is the son of Cindy and Rich Bevan and is a junior at the University of Cincinnati.
• Janet Trecki of Rosslyn Heights celebrates another year on Dec. 30. She is the wife of John Trecki, and they are the parents of Mandi, Nicole, John Jr., Jason and Breanna. They also have four grandchildren — Anthony, J.T., Pammy and Danielle.
• Happy birthday wishes to Carl Zenone of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates Dec. 29 with his wife, Angela (Falleroni), and their daughter, Izabella.
• Caleigh Jane Lynch of Carnegie celebrates her fourth birthday on Dec. 30. Caleigh is the daughter of Kelli (Jett) and Curt Lynch and has a big brother, Cole Jacob, 9.
• Dr. Charles Sakai celebrates his birthday on Dec. 29 with friends and family. Doc is the husband of Gale and the father of Scott (Chrissy) of Waynesburg, Lindsay (Sam) Alloway of Moon and Drew (Brandon) Enochs of Imperial. Doc and Gale have four grandchildren — Jonathan Sakai, Keegan and Logan Alloway and Charlie Jo Enochs. Dr. Sakai has been a dentist in the Crafton area for many years.
• Happy 40th wedding anniversary to Denise (Pitrone) and Frank Guarnaccio of Rennerdale, who celebrate on Dec. 28. Denise and Frank are the parents of three daughters — Deanna (Blaine) Mountain, Tina (Shane) Morford and Alicia. They also have three grandchildren — Dylan, Gia and Frankie.
• Happy 82nd birthday to Joan (McIntyre) Bryan of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates tomorrow with a family party. She is the wife of the late Jack Bryan, who died in 2009. Joan and Jack are the parents of Susan Davis, Jeffrey Bryan, Jill Bryan, Nancy (Chris) McMullen, Daniel (Cassie) Bryan, Kenneth (Beth) Bryan, Jack (Jenny) Bryan, JoAnn Bryan, Kelly (Barry) Lewellyn and the late John (Bob) Bryan. Joan and Jack have 21 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• Noah James Harris of Scott Township celebrates his fifth birthday on Dec. 29 with family and friends. Noah is the son of Kim Harris and grandson of Barbara Harris.
• Birthdays this week include Kathy Bennett, Tim Downey Jr., Tom Brown, Holly Reiss Floyd, Kayla Thornburg, Shirley Pedersen, Janet Caiuzzi Supko and Karen Liebendorfer.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.