Dorcas Stieff celebrates 90 years with family and friends
Happy birthday to Dorcas Stieff of Carnegie, who celebrated her 90th on Dec. 23. Her birthday celebration was held Dec. 22 with family and friends.
Dorcas has eight children — Jimmy Stieff (Carolyn) of Silver Spring, Md., Joseph Stieff (Sylvia) of Verona, Roy Stieff of Pittsburgh, Marcia Grant of Cleveland, Frederick Stieff of Akron, Sandra Smith of Carnegie, Karen Minor (Glenn) of Scott Township and Carmen Stieff of Pittsburgh.
There are 18 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren and 14 great-great-grandchildren.
• Birthday wishes to Carnegie Councilwoman Carol Ann Covi, who celebrates on Jan. 4.
Carol is the daughter of the late Janet and August Covi, and continues to help the children in the Carnegie area with her numerous fundraising activities.
She has been under the weather lately. We wish her a speedy recovery so she can get back to her helping the community.
• Birthday greetings to Arlene Yustak of Collier Township, who celebrates on Jan. 6. Arlene and her late husband, Ted, are the parents of Monica (John) Zajicek, Melissa (Ken) Hackman, Marla (Bob) Malcolm and Mandy (Graham) Turnbull.
They also have 16 grandchildren — Madison, Mitchell, Noah, Caleb, Elias and Maclain Zajicek, Maya and Grace Hackman, Cian, Olan, Amaleen and Aislin Malcolm and Theron, Marian, Lilah and Rainiah Turnbull.
• Happy 60th wedding anniversary to Lydia and Joe Walnoha of Scott Township, who celebrate on Jan. 9.
Lydia and Joe are the parents of Mary Beth, Joe, Michael, Annette and Andrew. They have 17 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. Lydia and Joe were co-owners of Struzka Hardware in Carnegie for many years.
• Birthday wishes to Leigh Ann (McGill) McGinnis of Carnegie, who celebrates her 30th on Jan. 5. Leigh Ann is the wife of Andy McGinnis and daughter of Debbie (Shorts) McGill.
• Drue Trombetta of Collier Township will celebrate her birthday on Jan. 9 with her husband, Frank, daughters Allie and Anna, and granddaughter Ava.
• Twins Alivia and Alexa Adamski of Carnegie celebrate their fourth birthday on Jan. 6 with their parents, Michael Adamski and Kristin Park. They are the grandchildren of Cathy and Paul Adamski and Janet Park of Carnegie.
• JoAnn (Choura) McIntosh of Carnegie celebrates another year on Jan. 6 with her husband, David.
JoAnn are David are the parents of two daughters, Heather (Jason) Wawrzeniak and Jamie (Jeff) Bourg. JoAnn and David have three grandchildren — Truman and Harper Wawrzeniak and Kendal Dru Bourg.
• Happy birthday to Debbie Giffin of Rennerdale, who celebrates on Jan. 8 with her husband, Gordon, family and friends.
• Birthdays this week include Brian Guyaux, Joyce Hiles-Sarsfield, Ryan Mangis, Kim McCahill, Amanda VanGoor Woods, Joe Uzar, Maureen Nelson, George Johnson, Kim Eckles, Michele Krasousky, Cindy (Sutton) Peluso and Peg Bowman.
• Happy 29th birthday to Keith Lickert Jr., who celebrated on Dec. 26 with his wife, Kelly, and three children — Keith, Devin and Renee. His son, Devin Michael, turned 5 on Dec. 28 and his son, Keith William, turns 6 on Jan. 4. Lots of candles to blow out.
• Many birthdays this month in the Hatcher household. Zackary Wilson, son of Desi Hatcher, turns 7 on Jan. 6; Devin Hatcher, son of Todd, will be 17 on Jan. 8; Whitney Hatcher, daughter of Keith Hatcher will be 18 on Jan. 9; Laila Hatcher, daughter of Todd Hatcher, will be 6 on Jan. 11; Randy Hatcher, son of Randy Hatcher, will be 15 on Jan. 20, along with Kaylee Goolsby, who turns 14 the same day. Cameron Hatcher, son of Todd, will be 15 on Jan. 28.
• Happy birthday to Jennifer Cook, who celebrates on Jan. 4, and to her daughter Kaden who celebrates her sixth today, and to son Keshon who celebrates his eighth tomorrow.
• Belated birthday greetings to Reni Williams of Scott Township, who celebrated on Dec. 26 with her family. She has been the wife of Salvatore for 58 years, and their children include Sandy (Robbie) Farinella of Georgia, Suzy (Steve) Monteverde, Sonny, Tony (Mary Beth) and the late Teresa Williams, all of Pittsburgh. They have 10 grandchildren — Joey, Reni and Salvatore Monteverde, David, Louis, Robert and Claire Farinella, Carmen and Melina Williams and Zachary Arenson. Sal and Reni also have one great-grandchild, Steven Joseph Monteverde.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- South Fayette, Chartiers Valley schools lead security trend
- Bower Hill Road a source of concern
- South Fayette youth thanks veterans through Project Puzzle Book
- Couple celebrates wedding ceremony at the National Aviary
- Longtime Rennerdale resident celebrates 85th birthday with family
- Bridgeville has connection to global report about urban development
- Grant provides lunch for Carnegie kids