Town Talk: Three generations in Carnegie family celebrate birthdays
Helen (Stolarski) Homa, life-long resident of Carnegie, celebrated her 94th birthday on Feb. 10. She is the widow of Wasyl Homa and mother of Sue (Paul) McIver, Dianne Davis, Maryanne Sans and the late Jack (Georgie) Homa.
Her grandchildren include Bond Davis, Bryce (Nicole) Bittner, Sarah (Ryan) Callahan, and Lauren (Nick) Pelescak. Helen also has six great-grandchildren — Filomenah, Easton, Elizah, Colbie, Dominik and Shianne, plus one on the way.
Helen's daughter, Maryanne Sans, celebrated her 64th birthday on Feb. 8, and great-granddaughter Shianne Pelescak will celebrate her fourth birthday on Feb. 22.
• Happy birthday to Denise (Talotta) Reed, who celebrated on Feb. 8 with her loving husband, Steve, and children — Brenna (Jason) Daly and Corey.
• Happy sixth birthday to Trevor Robert Buttermore, who celebrates on Feb. 25. Trevor is the son of Hannah Rossi and Rob Buttermore of Carnegie. Trevor's grandparents include Joyce and Tom Rossi of Rosslyn Heights and Jean Fraer of Carnegie.
• Lou Trombetta of Carnegie will celebrate his 64th birthday on Feb. 24. He is the loving husband of Chris and they have three children — Lisa, Jake (Erin) and Dallas (Jon) Milliner. Lou and Chris are also proud of their grandchildren — Miranda Trombetta, 18; Austin Milliner, 9; and Eva Milliner, 6.
Lou is well-known in the Chartiers Valley area for his 30-plus years of employment at the Carnegie Boys and Girls Club.
• Happy sixth anniversary to Amanda (Murray) and Basil Hughes of Carnegie, who celebrate on Feb. 23. They are the proud parents of Jacob and Carlee.
• Happy 14th birthday to Izabella (Izzy) Zenone of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on Feb. 24. She is the daughter of Angela and Carl Zenone and is in the eighth grade at Carlynton Junior/Senior High School.
• Happy 53rd wedding anniversary to Nancy (Stein) and Jerry Kundra of Carnegie, who will celebrate Feb. 24. They are the parents of one son, Jeffrey (Lori) Kundra, and have one grandson, Joshua.
• Annette (Sunderland) and Mike DiFrango of Glendale will celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary on Feb. 26.
• Isabelle Marie Fogarty of Carnegie will celebrate her fourth birthday on Feb. 24. She is the daughter of Nicole and Casey Fogarty.
• Happy 13th anniversary to Candee (Murray) and Al Cugini of Cubbage Hill, who celebrate Feb. 24. They are the parents of one daughter, Alayna Grace.
• Gab ‘n Eat co-owners Susie Smith and Karie Goedert both celebrate their birthdays on Feb. 23. Susie will celebrate with her sons, Mike and Mark, and Karie will celebrate with her son, Ian.
• Happy 56th birthday to Chris Nagy, who celebrates on Feb. 20. Chris is the husband of Holly and they have two daughters, Amber and Kristen.
• Jerry Tokar of Carnegie celebrates his 58th birthday on Feb. 21. Jerry has two brothers, Frank and Jimmy, and a sister, Mary Anne Schade. He is the son of the late Frank and Mary Catherine Tokar.
• Birthdays this week include Brian Goodman, John Recchio, Gary Pfeffer, Joe Zaletski, Kami Huhn-Lattner, Jeremy Cherosky and Kari Utchell Milko.
• Jonah Boyd celebrated his 14th birthday on Feb. 22. He is the son of Jim Boyd (Nancy Nestarec Boyd) of Carnegie and Beth Jones of Wheeling. Jonah attends St. Michael's School in Wheeling, W.Va.
• Mark Weil of Carnegie will celebrate his 56th birthday on Feb. 27 and his wife, Cathe, celebrates her 51st on March 6. Mark and Cathe also celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary on March 1. Cathe is a long-time employee of the Giant Eagle in Virginia Manor and is mom to Brian Silofau.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.