Town Talk: Collier man observes 90th with family, newest great-grandchild
Arvin Sorge of Collier Township celebrated his 90th birthday on Feb. 22.
Joining in the family celebration was his wife, Irma, son Sheldon (Tammy) of Collier Township, son Bob (Marci) of Kansas City and granddaughter Stephanie (Andy) and their six-month-old son Isaac.
Isaac is Arvin and Irma's newest great-grandchild. He lives with his parents in Charlotte, N.C.
Arvin and Irma can be seen most mornings, walking around their neighborhood.
• Happy 51st wedding anniversary to Bob and Janice Amend of Rennerdale, who will celebrate on March 4. They are the parents of one son, Rob, who celebrated his birthday on Feb. 23.
• Happy 19th birthday to Calee Casmer of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 1. Calee is a senior at Carlynton Junior/Senior High School.
• Eleanor Kitt of Carnegie celebrates another birthday on March 1. She is mom to Paul and Betty Ann Burns and has three grandchildren — Adam, Kristen and Blake. Eleanor also has two great-granddaughters, Addison and Kendall.
• Renee Smith of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on March 1. She is the wife of Rick Smith and together they have five children — Paige, Logan, Regan, Grayson and Bailey. Paige will celebrate her 24th birthday on March 3.
• Happy 22nd birthday to Jennifer Sago of Carnegie, who will celebrate on March 3. Jennifer is the daughter of Deana and George Sago and sister to Ryan Sago. Jennifer is a senior at Kent State University.
• Denise (Talotta) and Steve Reed celebrated 32 years of wedded bliss on Feb. 20. They are the parents of Brenna (Jason) Daley and Corey Reed.
• Thinking of Collette (McIntyre) Wilson, former resident of Carnegie and now of New Port Richey, Fla., who celebrates on March 5 with her husband, Stan, family and friends. Collette is retired after many years of service to Canevin High School.
• Victor Jafarace of Carnegie celebrates another birthday on March 4 with his wife, Jennifer, and children, Emma and Austin.
• Happy birthday to Pat Fisher of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on March 4. Pat is the wife of John Fisher and they have three children — Darren, David (Christie) and Lisa (Rob) Sunderland. They also have four grandchildren — Aaron and Shelby Fisher and Dylan and Riley Sunderland.
• Mary Anne (Tokar) Schade of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on March 6 with family and friends. She is the wife of Andy Schade and mom to Andrew, Chris and Carrie. Mary Anne and Andy also have one granddaughter, Brianna Lynn Schade.
• Thinking of Bernadette E. Kazmarski of Carnegie, as she celebrates another year on March 4. Bernadette is a well-known Carnegie artist, writer and business owner.
• Happy birthday to Ann Catena of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 5, and to her son, Carnegie Councilman Pat Catena, who celebrates on March 12. Pat is Dad to Patrick John “Jack” Catena.
• Happy 37th wedding anniversary to Gordon and Debbie Giffin of Rennerdale, who celebrate on March 5. They are the parents of two sons, Andrew and Dustin.
• Dawn (Carlini) and Ken Cummings of Carnegie celebrate their 11th wedding anniversary on Feb. 28. They are the parents of one son, Ryder Christian Cummings.
• Birthdays this week include Joe Zaletski, Kami Huhn-Lattner, Kari Utchell Milko, Denise Mitkoski Burkholder and Katie Schaffer.
• Happy ninth birthday to Shawn Heinrich Jr. of Carnegie, who celebrates today. He is the son of Meghan and Shawn Heinrich and has two brothers, Robby and Tyler.
• Happy birthday to Janie (Chilton) Tokar of Glendale, who celebrates on March 5 with her husband, Frank. anie and Frank are the parents of Tracie, Joe (Laura) and Cathy (Lonnie) Lamb. They also have three grandchildren — Eva, Olivia and Zack.
• Sean McCreary of Collier Township will celebrate his 14th birthday on March 4 with his mom and dad, Brian and Kelly McCreary, and brothers, Chad and Charles, and sister Sydney.
• Bastian Edward Lenk will celebrate his second birthday on March 7. He is the son of Aaron and Laura Lenk of Carnegie. His grandparents are Glenn and Nancy Lenk of Everett and Jonathan and Linda Smith of Bridgeport, W.Va. He is the great grandson of Sarah Rhodes of Carmichaels.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.