Town Talk: It's never too early for a Christmas season fundraiser
Dine and Donate at King's Family Restaurant, 3049 Washington Pike in Bridgeville, is scheduled for March 21, 22 and 23.
This is a fundraising event for Operation Christmas Child sponsored by the Mission Committee of Carnegie Presbyterian Church.
Ten percent of the proceeds will benefit this mission. Fliers will be located at the register when you pay. Stop by and let someone else do the cooking and help out a mission.
• Happy 89th birthday to Nora Chilton of Cloverleaf Estates West, who celebrates on Saturday.
Nora and her late husband Richard are the parents of six children — Janie (Frank) Tokar, Rich (Pat) Chilton, Penny (Dave) Murray, Grace (Mike) Corba, Timmy (Maryann) Chilton and the late Barbara Lee “Bobbie” (David) Kelly. Nora has 13 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
• Riley Sunderland celebrates her sixth birthday on March 24. Riley is the daughter of Lisa (Fisher) and Rob Sunderland of Carnegie.
• Addison Marygrace Van Goor will celebrate her fourth birthday on March 23. Addison is the daughter of Stacy and Karl Van Goor and has a sister, Allie, and a brother, Anthony. Her grandparents are Nancy and Arthur Matt of Crafton and Diana and Fred Van Goor of Carnegie.
• Happy fifth birthday to Nathan Daniel Piontek of Collier Township, who celebrates on March 24 with his mother, Jessica.
He is the grandson of Mary Anne and Roy Piontek of Collier Township.
• Happy 49th wedding anniversary to Shirley and Dennis Lawrence of Carnegie, who will celebrate on March 23.
They are the parents of Dennis Jr., Richard, Michael and Crystal Davis and have six grandchildren — Lindsay, D.J., Peyton, Dylan, Michael and Ava.
• Charlotte Turney of Scott Township celebrates her birthday on March 27 with her husband Ed Turney Sr.
They are the parents of Ed Turney Jr., Pam and Tammy. They also have five grandchildren — Erika, Samantha, Jake, little Eddie and Harlee Dee.
• Joyce (Leedstrom) and Joseph Prozzoly Jr. of Scott Township will celebrate their eighth wedding anniversary on March 26. They are the parents of one son, Jules Michael, who is 6½.
• Happy 81st birthday to Helen Danziger of Carnegie, who will celebrate on March 25. Helen is mom to seven children — Robert Danziger, Deborah Glowark, David (Dianne) Danziger, Cindy (Joe) Zupella, James Danziger, Jeff Danziger and Dawn (Curt) Danziger. She has 16 grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and a loving sister, Stella Millantz.
• Jessica (Frazier) and George Babish of Carnegie celebrate another year of wedded bliss on March 24. They are the parents of Izaiah, Elijah, Amelia and Emilie.
• Mimi (Sams) Wolbert will celebrate her birthday on March 26. She is mom to three children — Stephanie (Tyler) Valentine, Andrew and Sam. Mimi also has two grandchildren, Santino Charles and Ella Rose Valentine.
• Camryn Jean Crawford will celebrate her fourth birthday on March 26. She is the daughter of Courtney and Bob Crawford and granddaughter of Carole and Harry Lynch of Carnegie. Camryn is little sister to Samantha, Robert and Corinne.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Jennifer Schall of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 25 with her husband, Tim, and three daughters, McKenzie, Maddie and Morgan.
• Pam Price Patton celebrates her birthday on March 26. Pam is the wife of Scott Patton and they have three children, Zachary, Connor and Madison. Pam is the daughter of Carol and Ray Price of Collier Township.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Alice Danks “Ethel” of Scott Township, who celebrates on March 25 with family and friends.
She is mom to son Russell and daughter Beth and also has four grandchildren — Jason, Courtney, Kayla and Will. Alice is the sister of Sally “Lucy” Jones of Scott Township.
• Tracy Salerno Cooper will celebrate her birthday on March 24 with her husband, Tim, and daughters, Allison, Haley and Morgan. Tracy is an OB-RN at St. Clair Hospital.
• Birthdays this week include Barb Lawrence, Gwen Moehring Restich, Lori Ritter, Jackie Mikus, Kathy Lober Sudiak, Patricia Schirripa, Sheldon Sorge, Jim Bennett, Devin Moore, Julie Bonner Warner, Natalie Iorio-Ceyrolles, Sandy Lantz, Tammy Nelson, Jim Duffy, Sharon Shaffer-Snatchko, Christy Lane Woynar, Don Moehring, Sam Steiner, Lynn Yarmeak, Michael Leroy and Beth Glancy.
• Happy 29th birthday to Amanda (Bogats) Bennett, who celebrated on March 17 with husband, David, and daughter Adyson Lyn.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Library programming in Carnegie adapts to community’s needs
- Carnegie voters have choice in upcoming primary
- Bridgeville council seats contested in both parties
- 4 incumbents being challenged in South Fayette primary
- Babish-Schultz: Crafton couple married in Las Vegas
- Residents seek to preserve Bridgeville history — brick by brick
- More than 70 years after dying on duty, Carnegie officer receiving recognition
- Oyler: Western Pa. history includes state border dispute
- Food donations can cover Bridgeville library fines
- Youths feeling the beat at Carnegie Boys & Girls Club’s recording studio