Congratulations to Carlynton families celebrating new additions
Brooklynn Rose Schirripa was born on Feb. 3, weighing 6 pounds, 10 ounces and and 20.5 inches long. She is the first child of Allison and Robbie Schirripa of the South Side.
Maternal grandparents of four girls are Judy and Al Starkey of West Virginia. Paternal first-time grandparents are Patti and Rob Schirripa of Rosslyn Farms. Great-grandparents include Joretta and Al Starkey, Lilliam Brennen, Anna Schirripa and Pat and R.J. Herbst.
• Congratulations to Theresa and Brandon Zimmerman of Mt. Lebanon on the birth of their second son. Landon Frank was born March 14. He weighed 7 pounds and 7 ounces.
Maternal grandparents are Shirley and Frank Torchia of Rosslyn Heights. Maternal great-grandmother is Shirley Pedersen of Cloverleaf Estates, and great-grandfather is John Fisher. Paternal grandparents are Cheryl and Don Zimmerman, and paternal great-grandparents are Emil Zaunick and Donna Zimmerman. Awaiting the arrival at home was big brother Luca John.
• Cindy and Chuck Schultz welcomed their ninth grandchild on March 13. Savannah Haley was 7 pounds, 12 ounces at birth. Her parents are Jennifer and Jarrod Schultz of North Fayette, and maternal grandparents are Kathy and John Sposito of Moon Township.
• Kiersten and Adam Bogats of Carnegie are receiving congratulations upon the birth of their first child. Aedan Joseph Bogats was born on March 18, weighing 7 pounds 7 ounces. Maternal grandparents are Harry Schreiber of Collier Township and the late Carol. Paternal grandparents are the late Joseph and the late Gena Bogats.
• Cathy (Tokar) and Lonnie Lamb celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary on March 17. Cathy is the daughter of Janie and Frank Tokar of Glendale. Lonnie is the son of Sandy and the late Owen Lamb of Collier Township. Cathy is the owner/operator of Ultra Classic Hair Salon in Carnegie.
• Carol (Talotta) Gibbons of Talotta's Restaurant celebrated her birthday on March 20. She is the wife of Gene Gibbons and mother to Kellye and J.P.
• Bridget (Kelly) and Mark Cafeo of Bridgeville celebrated one year of marriage on March 17. Bridget served on the Chartiers Valley School Board for many years. She is mom to one son, Justin.
• Sierra Salmen turned 19 on March 18. Sierra attends WyoTech Institute in Blairsville. She is the daughter of Mona Salmen and granddaughter of the late Beverly Salmen of Carnegie.
• Peyton Wesley Davis will celebrate his eighth birthday on March 31. Peyton is the son of Crystal (Lawrence) and Wesley Davis of Collier Township. He is the grandson of Shirley and Dennis Lawrence of Cubbage Hill and Denise and Ed Davis of Butler.
• Happy birthday to Kristin (Butts) Gabster of Collier Township, who celebrates on March 29. Kristin is the wife of Jon Gabster and they have three children, Sean, Rylee and Tyler.
• Birthday greetings are sent this time of year to three generations — John, Joe and Sarah Ford of Dewey Street — who celebrate on March 31.
• Happy birthday to Mandy (Yustak) Turnbull, who celebrates her birthday on March 30 with her husband Graham and children — Theron, Marian, Lilah, Rainiah and James.
• Birthdays this week include Kim Head, Laryssa Jackson, Mark Kennedy, Mike Noakes, Jacob Blair, Carol Dlugos, Betty Dlugos, Danielle Gillespie, Franca Mollica, Branden Summers, Kristin Park, Philomena DiFiore and Cara Gerster.
• Mary Kay (Granata) and Forrest Smith of Crafton celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary tomorrow. They are the parents of five children — Becca (Kristopher) Chenette, Rachel (Tom) Geis, Justin, Joshua and Maggie. Mary Kay is very active with her church, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
• Kathy McCartney of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate another year on April 1 with a dinner with husband, Ron, daughter Michelle, son-in-law Matthew, and grandson Mason. Kathy has been a cheerful lunch room lady at Carnegie Elementary cafeteria for many years.
• Theresa Sgro of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on March 31 with her four-legged buddy, Stormy, friends and family.
• Happy 60th birthday wishes to former Carnegie police Chief Jeffrey Harbin. He celebrates on April 3 with his wife LouAnn, family and friends.
• Birthday wishes to Cynthia Dougherty of Cubbage Hill, who will celebrate on April 3 with her husband, Chad, and four-legged kids, Devo, Auggie, Abby, Sammy and Roxie. Chad will also celebrate his April birthday on the 30th.
• Happy 20th birthday to Jessica Marsteller of Carnegie, who celebrates on March 31. Jessica is the daughter of Joann and the late Rich Marsteller Jr. and sister of Miranda. She will be celebrating with her family and friends.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Around Town: South Fayette junior enjoys equine business
- Couple celebrates 58th wedding anniversary with family
- Vendor show benefits students at Carnegie Elementary
- Chartiers Valley students get creative after school
- South Fayette VFW sending care packages overseas
- Carlynton student will light tree to kick off Carnegie Borough holiday season
- Plenty of birthday wishes go out to Carlynton community
- Oyler: A trip down memory lane with the Waynesburg & Washington Railroad
- Town Talk: South Fayette couple welcomes a boy to the family