Carnegie pizza parlor changes ownership
Patron's Pizza has opened at 1006 Washington Ave., Carnegie, in the former Jimmy Z's and Joe Daddy's Pizza location.
Selling square cuts, slices and whole specialty New York-style pizzas, hoagies, cheesesteaks, breadsticks and salads, they offer $5 luncheon specials and takeout service.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Call 412-276-2086 for a full menu.
T & T Nails has opened at 1100 Washington Pike, Bridgeville in the former Oasis Nails location, which relocated to Scott Township. Call 412-319-7596 for a list of services.
• Serenity Day Spa & Salon has relocated from 423 Chartiers St., Bridgeville, to 3477 Washington Pike, South Fayette Township, after renovating the former Frenchy's Bistro & Wine Cellar/Peppi's building. Call 412-257-2691 for an appointment.
Heidi Pusateri of South Fayette Township is the designer and owner of Miss PRISS Kids, launched in the spring of 2010 as a result of her desire to create items for her two young daughters.
With a degree in communications from Duquesne University and a full-time job as a pharmaceutical sales representative, she designs all the vintage-inspired clothes and cuts out the items that then go to seamstresses who sew the pieces together at their homes.
Her sister, Holly Zarabi, is a contributor to the business, having been trained by their grandmother, 87, who continues as a seamstress with items she creates and sells in a shop near Latrobe.
“There is a very small window of time when we moms can really enjoy dressing our little princesses and this is why my clothes are trendy, girlie and age-appropriate,” Pusateri said.
She recently opened a studio space on the second floor above Clarkin Chiropractic, 112 Union Ave., Oakdale, at the edge of South Fayette Township, where she has begun opening on Sundays only for trunk shows.
Her spring collection pieces have been released on Facebook for pre-order and are also available at www.missprisskids.bigcartel.com and at Princepessa Boutique, the Quail Acres Shoppes, in Canonsburg near the Meadows Racetrack. The business will have vendor space at the Beaver Garrison Days in June and at the Sewickley Harvest Festival in September. Call 412-496-2959 or visit her page at www.Facebook.com/missprisskids for further information.
The American Heart Association has designated St. Clair Hospital as a Fit-Friendly Worksite.
Initiatives from the hospital's employee wellness committee that earned the gold level include adopting indoor and outdoor walking routes, competitive races and challenges, discounted healthy meal options in the hospital cafeteria, educational classes and on-site fitness classes.
Charlotte Smith is a contributing writer for Trib Total Media and can be reached at 724-693-9441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Building supply company to construct new facility in Scott
- Officials offer tips to Scott residents after coyote sightings
- Bridgeville VFD plans comedy show benefit
- Green Tree Farmers Market hosts culinary competition
- W.Pa. girls participate in GirlGov program
- Renovations won’t take away Carnegie library’s historic character
- Heidelberg section of Route 50 parking could get time limit
- Oyler: Classmates consider Baldwin Street the Main Street of Bridgeville in 1940s
- Birthday, anniversary wishes go out to many this week
- Family says 90-year-old was proud to be a Chartiers Valley grad