Presbyterian youths to hold car wash to help fund mission trips
The Junior Youth Group of Carnegie Presbyterian Church is sponsoring a car wash on Saturday, April 12, from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Wesbanco parking lot at 100 Broadway Ave. in Carnegie.
There is no set fee for a car to be cleaned, but donations are greatly appreciated. All funds raised will support the group's summer mission trips.
• Happy birthday to Susan Turek Sonson of Pennsbury Village, who celebrates on April 13 with her husband, Craig, and children, Kylee, Kaitlin and C.J.
• Ted and Lorrie Hatcher of East Carnegie will celebrate their 35th year of wedded bliss on April 11. Also, Ted celebrates his 58th birthday on April 12. They are the parents of Todd, Natalie, Desiree and Alicia and are very proud of their eight grandchildren.
• Happy 20th birthday to Brent Nadik of Collier Township, who celebrates on April 12. Brent attends IUP, where he is a sophomore. Brent's sister, Dominique, celebrates her 21st birthday on April 13. She also attends IUP, where she is a junior. Brent and Dominique are the children of Maria (Schepis) and Tim Nadik.
• Santino Charles Valentine celebrates his third birthday on April 14. Santino is the son of Stephanie (Wolbert) and Tyler Valentine of Heidelberg and proud big brother to Ella. Ella celebrated her first birthday on March 22. Grandparents are Mimi (Sams) Wolbert of Carnegie and Mark Wolbert, Eileen Wolbert and the late Patricia and Charles Sams of Carnegie and the late Robert Wolbert Sr. Paternal grandparents are Jo Anne (McDowell) and Bill Valentine of Carnegie, and the paternal great-grandparents are Rosemarie Valentine and the late William Valentine and the late James and Patricia McDowell.
• Happy sixth birthday to Amelia Babish, who celebrates April 15, and to her big brother, Izaiah, who celebrates his 12th on April 21. They are the children of Jessica and George Babish of Carnegie and siblings of Elijah and Emilie.
• Debbie and Ted Popivchak of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate their 37th wedding anniversary on April 16. They are the parents of Jason (Heather), Julie (Bill) Weil and Jaimee (Justin). Debbie and Ted also have four grandchildren — Palmer, Raylan, Sophia and Blake.
• Happy 33rd birthday to Jenn Falcioni who celebrates on April 16. Jenn is mom to Mya, Neena, Delilah and Mason.
• Get well wishes to Carol Ann Covi, member of Carnegie Council, who is at Country Meadows Rehabilitation Center. Please send her a card to 3590 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017
• Happy 87th birthday to Mary Lou Borst of the Washington Garden Apartments, who will celebrate on April 16.
• Birthday wishes to Rich Lawrence, who celebrates his 46th on April 15. He is the husband of Maureen and together they have one daughter, Lindsey. Rich is the son of Shirley and Dennis Lawrence of Carnegie.
• Valery Martineck celebrates her eighth birthday on April 15. She is the daughter of Teri Ann and Joseph Martineck of South Fayette and she has an older brother, Jeffery, who is 11. She is the granddaughter of Dottie and Rich Wagner, Joe and Kim Martineck and Donna and Ed Webster.
• Kay Downey-Clarke and Gerry Clarke of Collier Township will celebrate their 23rd wedding anniversary on April 13.
• Happy 30th birthday to Stanley Dziadura of Houston, Texas, who celebrates on April 16. Stanley's parents are Elizabeth and Joseph Dziadura of Cubbage Hill.
Happy anniversary to Linda and Rich Reitmeyer of Carnegie, who celebrate their 42nd on April 15.
• Birthdays this week include Corrine Durisko, Sue Petrocelly, Natalie Renda, Jeannie Serafin Kossler, Melinda Harty, Jim Coletta and Dr. Frank Verri.
• Happy 50th birthday to Paula Kusler of Cubbage Hill who will celebrate on April 14 with family and friends. Paula and her twin, Paul, have older siblings — Janet, Susan and Frank.
• Norma (Coyle) Frederick of Collier Township celebrates another year on April 17. She is the mother of John Jacob (Kayla) and Jessica (Pete) Shandrick and has one grandchild.
• Happy 31st wedding anniversary to Kate (Lageman) and Dave Stanchak of Crafton, who celebrate on April 17. Kate and Dave are the parents of one daughter, Amanda Stanchak.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Bower Hill Road a source of concern
- Bridgeville has connection to global report about urban development
- Splash pool coming to Crafton
- South Fayette car wash, cookout benefit feline organization
- Longtime Rennerdale resident celebrates 85th birthday with family
- Pittsburgh Combat Club offers defensive training
- South Fayette youth thanks veterans through Project Puzzle Book
- North Side furniture bank volunteers help turn living spaces into homes
- Grant provides lunch for Carnegie kids