Town Talk: Church taking orders for pierogies, pie
The Carnegie United Methodist Church at 419 Washington Ave. is taking orders for pierogies and homemade fruit pies on the first and third Wednesdays of each month this summer starting July 2. Please place your order by June 30 this month. Pick-up date will be July 2, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. To order, call Mary Ann at 412-279-2537 or Pat at 412-221-7709.
• Katie and David Zinski of Green Tree are receiving congratulations upon the birth of their first child. Evelyn Grace Zinski was born on June 15, 2014, at West Penn Hospital weighing 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 21 inches long. Maternal grandparents are Mary Cay and Jack Dunmyer of Carnegie. Paternal grandparents are Nancy and Michael Zinski of Carnegie. Evelyn Grace was named after her paternal great-grandmother, Grace Zinski.
• Becky (Annesi) Saracena of Rosslyn Heights celebrates her birthday on June 28 with her husband, Mike, family and friends. Becky is mother to Nick, Chris and Taylor and is a waitress at the Gab ‘n Eat in Scott Township. She has one granddaughter Makenzie who is 2 1⁄2.
• Happy 2nd birthday to Alayna Grace Cugini who celebrates on June 30. She is the daughter of Candee and Alan Cugini of Collier Township. Her grandparents include Penny (Chilton) and David Murray of Carnegie, Judith and Anthony Cugini of Plum and Nora Chilton of Cloverleaf Estates West is her maternal great-grandmother.
• Edith (Ruoti) Golinski of the Honus Wagner Apartments will celebrate her 102nd birthday on July 3. Edith grew up on Mt. Washington and lived in Glendale for 60 years. She has one son David (Kathy) Golinski of Carnegie and has three step-grandchildren. Edith also had two brothers and five sisters and her sister Helen is the only living relative at 94 years young.
• Happy 29th wedding anniversary to Amy and Mark Moore of Glendale who will celebrate on June 29. Amy and Mark are the parents of one daughter, Rosemary.
• Twins Cora Lee and Rose Marie Welsch of Green Tree will celebrate their first birthday on June 28. They are the daughters of Kelly and Dan Welsch and have two older siblings, Morgan and Conner.
• Birthdays this week include, John Silipigni, Chris Trombetta, Marcia Tomer, Amy Goodman, Elaine Zajicek, George Babish, Laurie Schrager, Katie Coperich, and Katelyn and Kristina Bordini.
• Happy 40th wedding anniversary to Joyce and Tom Rossi of Rosslyn Heights who celebrate on June 29. They are the parents of Hannah Rose and Albert and also have two grandchildren, Tory and Trevor.
• Benjamin Francis Wilson celebrates his second birthday on July 3. He is the son of Lora and Frank Wilson and he has a big sister, Madi. His paternal grandparents are Laura Caughey Longo and Frank Wilson.
• Linda and John Mancini of Carnegie will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary on June 29. They are the parents of one son, Timmy.
• Happy third birthday to twins, Wyatt Baird and Collyn Edward Clegg who celebrate June 27. They are the children of Katie and Cameron Clegg and grandsons of Liz and Tim Krasousky and Shirley Krasousky, all of Carnegie.
• Happy 23rd wedding anniversary to Cheryl (Covi) and Jeff Stephan of Carnegie who celebrate on June 29. They are the proud parents of one son, Jeffrey Stephen II.
• Happy fourth birthday to Peyton Marie Dodd who celebrates on June 30 with her parents, Kayla Dixon and Zac Dodd, family and friends.
• Happy 39th wedding anniversary to Darlene (Braun) and Randy Shaffer of Glendale, who celebrate on June 28th.
• Scott Ritter, funeral director of the Leo J. Henney Funeral Home in Carnegie will celebrate another birthday year June 27 with his wife Lori and daughters, Megan and Stephanie.
• Happy one-year wedding anniversary to Jaylynn (Sapsara) and Daniel Leslie who celebrated on June 22.
• Nicole and Bryce Bittner welcomed their son Owen Xavier Bittner on April 16. Owen's proud great-grandmother is Helen Homa of Carnegie and his grandmother is Maryanne Sans of Carnegie.
• Congratulations to Lauren Sans Pelescak upon her graduation from West Penn School of Nursing on June 27.
• Karen (Hughes) and Brian Cummings of Collier Township celebrated their 29th wedding anniversary on June 22. They are the parents of Brian (Molly) and Jenna Marie.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.