Collier family welcomes new addition
Kathryn and Tom Butts of Collier Township are receiving congratulations on the birth of their third child. Trevor James Butts was born on May 5.
Trevor is the seventh grandchild for paternal grandparents Maureen and Tom Butts of Collier Township. Maternal grandparents are Michael and Leanne Butcher of Rhode Island. Trevor weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces. Awaiting the arrival at home were older siblings, Tommy and Kaylie.
• Birthday greetings are sent to Gretchen (Guy) Wentz who celebrates on July 7 from her children. Gretchen is a Chartiers Valley Primary School teacher.
• Happy 62nd birthday to Tony Romeo of Carnegie who celebrates on July 7.
• Katie (Czaikowski) and Max Schaffer of Scott Township will celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary on July 5. They are awaiting the birth of a daughter this summer.
• Celebrating his fourth birthday on July 6 is Jordan Edward Krasousky. He is the son of Michele and Michael Krasousky and little brother to Alyssa who is 6. Jordan celebrates his birthday with his Aunt Katie (Krasousky) Clegg.
• Happy birthday to Charlene (Masciantonio) Silipigni of Crafton who celebrates another year on July 7. She is the wife of John and they have one daughter, Jovanna.
• Also, celebrating their 12th birthday on July 7, are my twin great-niece and nephew, Collin and Hallie Woods who are visiting their grandparents in Pennsylvania from South Carolina. Their parents are C.J. and Meghan (Murphy) Woods and grandparents are Carmie and Clyde Woods of Cubbage Hill and Daisy and Tom Murphy of Mt. Washington. Collin and Hallie have two younger brothers, Will and Dylan.
• Happy fourth birthday to Maxwell James Foster who celebrates on July 9. Max is the son of Julia Herrmann-Foster and her husband Dan of Chicago. His paternal grandparents are Michale and Chip Hermann of Rosslyn Farms. Max has a big brother Jack who is 6 years old and baby sister, Emma Michael who is 1½.
• Happy 13th birthday to Kayla Wilson of Carnegie who celebrates July 7. She is the daughter of Gretchen and Ken Wilson and granddaughter of Jeanine and Denzil Wilson of Rosslyn Heights.
• Debbie (Falleroni) and Allen Weigner of Carnegie will celebrate their 28th wedding anniversary on July 5. They are the parents of Amanda and Larry.
• Happy 27th birthday to Jaci Yurchak who celebrates on July 7. Jaci is the daughter of Lisa and Steve Yurchak of Imperial. Her cousin, David Yurchak, celebrates his 15th on July 16. David is the son of Missy and David Yurchak of Collier Township. They are both grandchildren of Judy and the late Joe Yurchak of Collier.
• Jack Bryan of Bridgeville celebrates his birthday on July 11 with his wife, Jennifer, and children, Emily and Ben. He is the son of Joan and and the late Jack Bryan of Cubbage Hill.
• Happy anniversary to Tammy and Sheldon Sorge of Neville Manor who celebrate 17 years on July 6.
• Aron Joseph Paterson will celebrate his third birthday on July 6. He is the son of Courtney Gilbert and David Paterson. Helping him blow out his candle is big sister Trinity who is 4½. His maternal grandmother is JoAnne Perhosky of Carnegie and the paternal grandmother is Elaine Paterson of Carnegie. Aron's great-grandfathers are Joseph Gilbert of Glendale and Joseph Rigowski of Carnegie.
• Happy third wedding anniversary to Samantha (Schneiderlochner) and Daniel Nardozzi of Crafton who celebrate on July 8.
• Joseph “Joey” Randall Helbig will celebrate his fourth birthday on July 9 with family and friends. Joey is the son of Jennifer and Matt Helbig of Rosslyn Heights. He is little brother to Zavier and Gavin and has a younger sister, Nevaeh.
• Happy anniversary to Sue and Paul McIver of Cubbage Hill as they celebrate 36 years of marriage on July 8. Paul also celebrates his birthday on July 23.
• Birthdays this week include Nate Keifner, Dean Cefalo, Lynn Carney-Mollica, Jacqueline Partee, Ty Hatcher, Debbie Price Nietsch, Bonnie Wisniewski, Holly Nagy, Lori Kundra, Janice Mills, Jimmy Kovanis, Vince Dlugos and Christopher Huhn.
• Happy anniversary to two sisters and their husbands. Kristopher and Becca Chenette will celebrate their third anniversary on July 8. Thomas and Rachel Geis celebrate their first anniversary on July 5. The couples celebrated together with a recent trip to Disney World.
Parents of the “brides” are Forrest and Mary Kay Smith of Crafton. Kris is the son of Michael and Linda Chenette of Jericho, Vt. Tom is the son of Gary and Deborah Geis of Upper St. Clair. Kris and Becca live in Carnegie and Tom and Rachel reside in Winchester, Va.
• Happy second birthday to Lacy Jean Long of Wilcox Street and to her dad, Carnegie Planning Commissioner Jim Long, who celebrates his 55th. Lacy and Jim will celebrate with Kim and brother Beau at a Fourth of July party at Long Trail Farms in Conneaut Lake.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Write-in votes could determine South Fayette race
- Bridgeville man ready to reboot ‘Robot Repair’ at Pittsburgh airport
- Chartiers Creek-area dance studios prepare for recitals
- Local man celebrates 50th birthday with family and friends
- Officials bid for property next to Bridgeville Borough building
- Scott library guest discusses humanitarian efforts in Cuba
- Bridgeville native to perform in ‘Mary Poppins’
- South Fayette board plans tax hike to cover rising expenses
- Eagle Scouts have strong presence in South Fayette
- Scott pool opening delayed
- Gunshots reported in Carnegie