Collier resident earns doctorate in chemistry
Adam Gagorik of Collier Township received his doctorate in chemistry from the University of Pittsburgh on April 27. Adam is a 2004 graduate of Chartiers Valley High School. His proud family includes his mother, Nancy Will of Rennerdale; his father, Gerald Gagorik of Glassport; and his brothers, Ian and Ethan Gagorik. Adam will move to Northwestern University to start his postdoctorate work in September.
• Nicole Marie Sell and William Allen Driscoll Jr. were united in marriage on July 5 at the SNPJ Recreation Center in Enon Valley, PA. The ceremony was performed in the lakeside gazebo, with a reception in the Alpine Room. The bride's parents are Irene and Calvin Sell of Salineville, Ohio, and the groom's parents are Linda and William Driscoll of Carnegie. Nicole and Bill reside in Carnegie with their children Connor, 3, and Claire, 6 weeks.
• Joann and Donald Cain of Carnegie were set to celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. They celebrated with their daughter Candy. Donald also celebrated his 76th birthday on July 8. Best wishes to the both of you!
• Rennerdale United Presbyterian Church, 151 Noblestown Road in Rennerdale, is partnering with Crestfield Camp and Conference Center for a week of fun, crafts and learning about God for kindergartners through fifth-graders. The dates will be July 21 to 25, from 9 a.m. to noon. For more information, go to Rennerdalepresbyterian.org.
• Happy 39th wedding anniversary to Kathy (McCreary) and Ron McCartney of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrate Saturday. They are the parents of one daughter, Michelle (Matthew) Ball and they have one grandson, Mason McCartney Ball.
• Welcome back to Carnegie, Sara Mannes, who spent five days on a trip to Washington, D.C., attending the 2014 Constitutional Academy, held by the Bill of Rights Institute. Sara will be a senior this year at Carlynton and was missed by her mom, Amy Coyne, and sister, Erin.
• Happy birthday to son and mother, Timmy Mancini, who will be 25 on Tuesday, and Linda Mancini, who celebrates her birthday on July 31. They are both residents of Collier Township.
• Happy birthday to Ryan Cameron Clegg who will turn eight on Wednesday. He is the son of Katie (Krasousky) and Cameron Clegg. His grandparents are Liz and Tim Krasousky, and great-grandparents are Shirley and the late Ed Krasousky of Rosslyn Heights. He is big brother to Jordan, Wyatt and Collyn.
• Happy 22nd wedding anniversary to Kathleen and Hush Cantley who celebrate Friday. They are the parents of Kaitlin and Brandan.
• Happy birthday to Paul McIver of Collier Township who celebrates Wednesday with his wife, Sue, and family.
• Steve Glancy of Carnegie celebrates another year on Sunday. Steve and his wife, Coral, are the parents of four children and are proud of their eight grandchildren — nine in December.
• Katie (McMullen) and Andrew Smith of Crafton will celebrate their third wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Katie is the daughter of Nancy (Bryan) and Chris McMullen of Carnegie, and Andrew is the son of Debbie Klein (Jim Hedges) of Crafton and Tom (Arleen) Smith of Crafton. Katie is the granddaughter of Joan and the late Jack Bryan of Cubbage Hill.
• Happy 16th birthday to Britnee Smith, who celebrates Tuesday, and to her sister, Carlee Smith, who will be 12 on July 26. They are the daughters of Beth Smith.
• Birthdays this week include Ronny Hatcher, Cece Stocki, Linda Alisesky, Vicky Feeney, Jake Dulick, Tim Bailey, Tony Williams, Diane Durst, Ken Staley, Jovanna DiFiore, William Hendricks, Barbara Steinberger and Becky Petronsky.
• Happy birthday to Carrie Wilson Holderbaum who celebrates Wednesday with her hubby, Denny, and four sons.
• Joan Kundra of Heidelberg celebrated her birthday on July 19 with her son, Jacob, and other children from Bethany Presbyterian Church, who spent the week in Washington, D.C., on a mission trip.
Brothers Josh and Kenny Staley of Heidelberg were married 29 days apart. Josh Staley married Ashley on May 3, and Kenny Staley married Steph on June 1. They are the sons of Kebbie and Ken Staley. Kenny and Steph moved to Seattle, and Josh and Ashley will reside in the area.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.