Around Town: Businesses open in Carnegie, Crafton, Bridgeville
• Mattress Firm has opened in Collier Town Square, 1597 Washington Pike, Bridgeville. The store can be reached at 412-429-4703 for more information.
• Precision Signs & Awnings, 3 Glass St., Carnegie, now offers screen-printing and embroidery services for custom apparel, in addition to its sales of ADA braille signs, banners, awnings, vehicle wraps and custom signs. Call 412-278-0442 for details.
• The number for the Carnegie Food Pantry has been changed to 412-489-6002. Located on Barrett Way in the basement of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Carnegie, the pantry is open from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesday and Thursday.
• Based in Bridgeville, We Gopher You Services is a new errand and home services company. The staff offers assistance, like grocery shopping or picking up dry cleaning, to those who cannot drive, the disabled or elderly, and those too busy to run errands during the normal work week. They are bonded and insured. Call 412-436-3888 for information and pricing.
• G&S Signs has moved across the parking lot in Great Southern Shopping Center, Bridgeville, from being next to GNC to being by the Verizon Wireless store and Texas Roadhouse. The company makes signs, decals, window lettering and graphics, lamination services, photo enlargements and more. Call 412-257-1010 for details.
• Dr. Gregory Tarnow and The Back and Neck Care Center of Crafton are Pittsburgh's sole representative of the nationwide network of facilities dedicated to the evaluation, treatment and training of middle and high school athletes.
This organization, called Concerned Parents of Your Athletes, or CPOYA, provides a biomechanical approach in the evaluation and training of young athletes.
The office, modeled after an Olympic training center, is located at 1258 Poplar St., Crafton. Call 412-922-2010 for an appointment or visit www.movebetterfeelbetterplaybetter.com for more information.
• Crafton Medical Associates, Crafton-Ingram Shopping Center, have opened a new office on Beaver Grade Road, Moon Township. It is staffed by Drs. Paul and Maureen Oczypok. Call 412-922-3773 for an appointment at either office.
Other new local business incorporations as compiled from state filings include:
• BRS-Network, 142 MacLaine Drive, Carnegie (security systems)
• Chestnut Resources, 12 Wynnecliffe Drive, Carnegie (acquisition of oil, gas, land and mineral rights)
• Dziho, 2200 Crafton Blvd., Crafton (chimney sweep)
• Fortuna Associates, 661 Andersen Drive, No. 220, Green Tree (insurance-based financial products).
Residents can enjoy the Kane Woods Nature Area walking trails in Scott Township. The Scott Conservancy owns and manages the nature area. For more information, visit www.ScottConservancy.org.
There also is the Panhandle Trail that runs 29 miles from Walkers Mill, Collier Township, to Colliers, W.Va. Visit www.panhandletrail.org for details.
The American Legion in Bridgeville will hold a craft show Aug. 16. Call Joy Heaps at 412-319-7369 to reserve a table. Space is limited.
Charlotte Smith is a contributing writer for Trib Total Media and can be reached at 724-693-9441 or email@example.com.