Babish-Schultz: Collier man to celebrate 90th birthday
Happy 90th birthday to Robert “Stump” Downey of Collier Township who celebrates on July 27.
Robert's wife, Katie, will turn 87 on July 28. Katie and Robert Sr. are the parents of Robert (Dawna) Downey Jr. and Sharon (Mario) Coluccio of New York. They have two grandchildren, Mario and Kristin Coluccio. Robert Downey Sr. is retired from U.S. Marine Corps and did combat service in World War II. Robert Sr. and his son owned and operated R. L. Downey Masonry Contractors in the area for many years.
• Michael Zimbicki of Collier Township celebrated his 85th birthday on July 13. Michael has been married for 59 years to Kathleen Zimbicki. They have four children, eight grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Michael played a wild game of soccer for 40 years.
• Carole (Woods) and Harry Lynch of Carnegie celebrate their 49th wedding anniversary today. They are the parents of Candace (Gerry) Lieder, Courtney (Bob) Crawford and Curt (Kelli) Lynch and have six grandchildren.
• Jessie Turnbull and Jessica Opyrchal of Carnegie are receiving congratulations on the birth of their twins. Oliver Joseph and Alice Marie were born on June 30 at St. Clair Hospital. Proud grandparents are Mark and Lenny Turnbull of Collier Township and Sue and Joe Opyrchal of Munhall.
• Emily Nichole Kurzawski of Beechwood Avenue celebrates her 20th birthday on July 31 with her mother, father and brothers, Andrew and Thomas.
• Rennerdale United Presbyterian Church at 151 Noblestown Road in Rennerdale will serve a chicken and biscuit dinner on July 31 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. The meal will include: chicken and biscuits, mixed vegetables, coleslaw, cranberry sauce, Texas sheet cake and beverage. Ticket prices are $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12 years old.
• Family and friends of Ellie Rae Stack wish her the happiest fourth birthday on July 28.
• Mason Christopher Marko celebrates his fourth birthday on July 29. He is the son of Emily and Chris Marko and has a big sister, Michaela. His grandparents include, Elaine and Ray Ford of Cubbage Hill, Debbie and Frank Marko and Joan Kuzuch.
• Rebecca (Steenson) and Michael Finnerty of Bridgeville will celebrate their ninth wedding anniversary on July 30.
• Hanna Rose Zaletski of Carnegie celebrates her 13th birthday on July 28. She is the daughter of Kelly and Joe Zaletski and big sister to Taylor Jane.
• Happy 27th birthday to Melina Williams of Collier Township who celebrates July 26. Melina is the daughter of Mary Beth (Raco) and Tony Williams of Rennerdale.
• Cora May (Bishop) and Joseph Len of Scott Township will celebrate their 57th wedding anniversary on July 27. They are the parents of Cindy (Mark) Scarpo, Linda Zerbe and Amy (Gary Meadows) Len. They have five grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
• Happy 28th birthday to Rob Gielarowski who celebrates on July 28. He is the son of Donna and Bob Gielarowski of Carnegie.
• Happy birthday to Denzil Wilson of Rosslyn Heights who celebrates on July 31 with his wife, Jeanine, children and grandchildren.
• Adam Follmer of Rosslyn Heights will be 15 on July 29. He will celebrate with his mother (Michele), father (Jack) and brother (Mason).
• Heidi (Kastle) and Tom Aiken will celebrate their 19th wedding anniversary on July 27. They are the parents of Skyler, Shea, Sylas and Syenna.
• Barbara (Kollar) and Gary Williard of Scott Township will celebrate 52 years of marriage on July 28.
• Birthdays this week include Ryan Rust, Bill Chilleo, Rich Dombrowski, Doug Dombrowski, Judi Stadler, Maryann Denk, Courtney Spotti and Karen Cupp.
• Happy fourth wedding anniversary to Nicole (Fiori) and Chris Flaherty of Carnegie who celebrate today. Nicole and Chris are the parents of one son, Luke.
• Happy 42nd birthday to Traci Houy who celebrates tomorrow. Traci is the wife of Boyd Houy and daughter of Debbie Glowark of Carnegie.
• Happy 59th wedding anniversary to Mary Ann and John Glowa of Cubbage Hill, who will celebrate on July 25. Mary Ann and John are the parents of two daughters, Lou Ann Chappel and the late Peggy Ann Mosesso and also have four grandchildren.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.