Chartiers Valley hires architect, though no building plans set
Chartiers Valley school officials voted last week to hire Pittsburgh-based architect IKM to handle any future construction or renovations in the district.
District spokeswoman Kara Droney said no plans for renovation or construction have been made.
“If we do expand or renovate, we will keep the community informed and offer opportunities for them to be involved throughout the process,” she said.
She said the district's solicitor still is finalizing the contract with IKM, but the fee will be 5 percent of the total project cost for any new construction and 5.5 percent for any renovation work.
In other business, the board also voted to hire Amy Bouch as a high school English teacher. Bouch has a degree in English education and school psychology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and she most recently was a reading specialist intern in the Allegheny Valley School District.
She has a reading specialist certificate from the University of Pittsburgh, where she also is working toward her master's degree.
Megan Guza is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5810 or email@example.com.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Jeannette passes draft budget, EIT increases
- Mother remembered for selfless generosity
- Contractor fighting Armstrong blight one house at a time
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Trib kicks off annual effort to help feed families for Christmas
- Game Commission enters battle between hunters, Penn Hills residents