Town Talk: Scott couple celebrates birth of first child
Katie and Max Schaffer of Scott Township are receiving congratulations on the birth of their first child.
Emma Rae Schaffer was born July 7, weighing 7.78 pounds and was 19 inches long. Proud maternal grandparents are Renea and Mike Holden of Carnegie, Mary Rae and John Mackay, and Rick and Chris Schaffer. Maternal great-grandparents are Audrey and Ray Teyssier of Glendale and Mary Holden.
Family members including nncles Alex, John and Tommy, aunts Ashley and Molly and cousin Dominic, along with Leona the dog were excited to welcome Emma Rae home.
• Happy birthday to Ann Handerhan of Cubbage Hill, who will turn 101 on Aug. 2. Ann has 11 children including Ruthy, Gary, Mike, Joe, Gemma, Kevin, Claire and the late Tim, John, Marge and Leah Rose. She also has 23 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and three great-great grandchildren.
• Lorrie (Funaro) Hatcher of Carnegie will celebrate another year on Aug. 1 with a celebration with her friends and large family. Lorrie is the wife of Theodore and they have four children, Todd, Natalie, Alicia and Desi. They also have eight grandchildren, Devin, Cameron, Darrien, Laila, Aniyah, Azana, Zachary and JordynArie Joy.
• Blake Paul Bogdon will celebrate his first birthday today. He is the son of Ashley and Brandon Bogdon of Collier Township and little brother of Ashton and Mila.
• Russel Daff of Carnegie celebrated his birthday on July 30 with friends.
• Birthdays this week include, Kathy Lukac, Savannah Vetter, Alyssa Francis, Lianne McGrady, Regan Smith, Janet Yeates Snak, Jesse and Josh Valentine and Caitlin Griffin.
• Alice (Gizoni) and Bob Brannan of Carnegie will celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary on Aug. 2. They are the parents of Billie Jo (Kevin) O'Malley, Jamie and Bobby. Alice and Bob have four grandchildren.
• Pattie Kormick of Crafton will celebrate her birthday on Aug. 4 with her husband, Bob, and daughter, Robyn.
• Happy 24th wedding anniversary to Brenda (Taylor) and Steve Temoff of Library Avenue in Carnegie who celebrate on Aug. 4. They are the parents of one daughter, Tonya.
• Happy 96th birthday to Sylvia (Falleroni) Dlugos of Carnegie who celebrates on Aug. 6. Sylvia was married to Walter Dlugos who passed away in 2002. They are the parents of Vincent (Betty) and Carol Dlugos. Sylvia has five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
• Francesca Gabriella Nowicki of Coraopolis celebrates her first birthday on Aug. 2. She is the daughter of Jennifer and Edward Nowicki and granddaughter of Fay and Edward Nowicki of Heidelberg. Her maternal grandparents are the late Anita Jordan and the late Kevin Cobb of Pittsburgh. Francesca has one great-grandmother, Mary Christian of Pittsburgh.
• Happy 42nd anniversary to Nina and Jim Kovanis of Carnegie who celebrate on Aug. 5. They are the parents of Marisa (Mark) DiBello of Scott Township and Jimmy. Marisa and Mark will celebrate their 14th anniversary on Aug. 4. They are the parents of one son, John Rocco.
• Tammy and Dave Dulick of Crafton will celebrate 28 years of wedded bliss on Aug. 2. They are the parents of two sons, Jake and Ed.
• Happy 91st birthday to Maxine (Kessler) Foley of Carnegie who celebrates on Aug. 5. Maxine is the mother of Jackie (George) Abel-Stavropoulos, Tis Bosko and Bill (Renda) Foley. She has nine grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
• JoAnn (Choura) and David McIntosh of Carnegie will celebrate their 42nd wedding anniversary on Aug. 5. They are the parents of two daughters, Heather (Jason) Wawrzeniak and Jamie (Jeff) Bourg. JoAnn and David have four grandchildren, Truman, Harper, Kendal and baby Guerin.
• Thinking of you, Gabby Yeager who celebrates her 19th birthday on Aug. 1. Gabby has been in the Navy one year. She entered at 17, just out of high school and is stationed aboard the USS NIMITZ CVN 68. The fleet will be pulling into Everett, Wash., on her birthday, which is her home port. Gabby is the granddaughter of Betty and Steve Yeager of Carnegie.
• Patricia (Cylc) Sherba of Heidelberg celebrated her 75th birthday on July 23. Her and her husband of 56 years Walter are the parents of four daughters, Marianne (Squire) Mulholland of Collier Township, Terri (Tom) Galante of Mt. Lebanon, Joani Flanagan of South Fayette and Jennifer (Craig) Dunn of Collier Township. They are proud of their seven grandchildren.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.