Town Talk: Scott couple celebrates birth of first child
Katie and Max Schaffer of Scott Township are receiving congratulations on the birth of their first child.
Emma Rae Schaffer was born July 7, weighing 7.78 pounds and was 19 inches long. Proud maternal grandparents are Renea and Mike Holden of Carnegie, Mary Rae and John Mackay, and Rick and Chris Schaffer. Maternal great-grandparents are Audrey and Ray Teyssier of Glendale and Mary Holden.
Family members including nncles Alex, John and Tommy, aunts Ashley and Molly and cousin Dominic, along with Leona the dog were excited to welcome Emma Rae home.
• Happy birthday to Ann Handerhan of Cubbage Hill, who will turn 101 on Aug. 2. Ann has 11 children including Ruthy, Gary, Mike, Joe, Gemma, Kevin, Claire and the late Tim, John, Marge and Leah Rose. She also has 23 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and three great-great grandchildren.
• Lorrie (Funaro) Hatcher of Carnegie will celebrate another year on Aug. 1 with a celebration with her friends and large family. Lorrie is the wife of Theodore and they have four children, Todd, Natalie, Alicia and Desi. They also have eight grandchildren, Devin, Cameron, Darrien, Laila, Aniyah, Azana, Zachary and JordynArie Joy.
• Blake Paul Bogdon will celebrate his first birthday today. He is the son of Ashley and Brandon Bogdon of Collier Township and little brother of Ashton and Mila.
• Russel Daff of Carnegie celebrated his birthday on July 30 with friends.
• Birthdays this week include, Kathy Lukac, Savannah Vetter, Alyssa Francis, Lianne McGrady, Regan Smith, Janet Yeates Snak, Jesse and Josh Valentine and Caitlin Griffin.
• Alice (Gizoni) and Bob Brannan of Carnegie will celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary on Aug. 2. They are the parents of Billie Jo (Kevin) O'Malley, Jamie and Bobby. Alice and Bob have four grandchildren.
• Pattie Kormick of Crafton will celebrate her birthday on Aug. 4 with her husband, Bob, and daughter, Robyn.
• Happy 24th wedding anniversary to Brenda (Taylor) and Steve Temoff of Library Avenue in Carnegie who celebrate on Aug. 4. They are the parents of one daughter, Tonya.
• Happy 96th birthday to Sylvia (Falleroni) Dlugos of Carnegie who celebrates on Aug. 6. Sylvia was married to Walter Dlugos who passed away in 2002. They are the parents of Vincent (Betty) and Carol Dlugos. Sylvia has five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
• Francesca Gabriella Nowicki of Coraopolis celebrates her first birthday on Aug. 2. She is the daughter of Jennifer and Edward Nowicki and granddaughter of Fay and Edward Nowicki of Heidelberg. Her maternal grandparents are the late Anita Jordan and the late Kevin Cobb of Pittsburgh. Francesca has one great-grandmother, Mary Christian of Pittsburgh.
• Happy 42nd anniversary to Nina and Jim Kovanis of Carnegie who celebrate on Aug. 5. They are the parents of Marisa (Mark) DiBello of Scott Township and Jimmy. Marisa and Mark will celebrate their 14th anniversary on Aug. 4. They are the parents of one son, John Rocco.
• Tammy and Dave Dulick of Crafton will celebrate 28 years of wedded bliss on Aug. 2. They are the parents of two sons, Jake and Ed.
• Happy 91st birthday to Maxine (Kessler) Foley of Carnegie who celebrates on Aug. 5. Maxine is the mother of Jackie (George) Abel-Stavropoulos, Tis Bosko and Bill (Renda) Foley. She has nine grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
• JoAnn (Choura) and David McIntosh of Carnegie will celebrate their 42nd wedding anniversary on Aug. 5. They are the parents of two daughters, Heather (Jason) Wawrzeniak and Jamie (Jeff) Bourg. JoAnn and David have four grandchildren, Truman, Harper, Kendal and baby Guerin.
• Thinking of you, Gabby Yeager who celebrates her 19th birthday on Aug. 1. Gabby has been in the Navy one year. She entered at 17, just out of high school and is stationed aboard the USS NIMITZ CVN 68. The fleet will be pulling into Everett, Wash., on her birthday, which is her home port. Gabby is the granddaughter of Betty and Steve Yeager of Carnegie.
• Patricia (Cylc) Sherba of Heidelberg celebrated her 75th birthday on July 23. Her and her husband of 56 years Walter are the parents of four daughters, Marianne (Squire) Mulholland of Collier Township, Terri (Tom) Galante of Mt. Lebanon, Joani Flanagan of South Fayette and Jennifer (Craig) Dunn of Collier Township. They are proud of their seven grandchildren.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Bridgeville parking authority gives to veterans group
- Former library director returns to Carnegie library
- St. Philip begins yearlong centennial celebration
- Carnegie GetGo applies for tax relief
- South Fayette elementary students to receive iPads
- After delays, work to begin on Carnegie parking lots
- Findlay Township man marks half-century birthday
- Heidelberg lawsuit dropped over housing development