Apis Mead & Winery now open in Carnegie
Apis Mead & Winery has opened at 212 E. Main St., Carnegie. Owned by Dave Cerminara, formerly the assistant brewmaster at Penn Brewery on the North Side of Pittsburgh, the lounge sells by the glass or the bottle and there are several light snacks to munch on while tasting.
Mead is a fermented type of beverage made with honey. Flavors being featured this month are florea (session mead), peach apricot florea, millifera (house mead) and raspberry blackberry mead. Call 412-478-9172 or visit www.apismead.com for more information.
• Luxe Hair Salon has moved into the former Bev's Hair Salon at 1365 Washington Pike, Collier Township. The stylists are trained in French and English-style hair cutting and the store also offers services such as upscale extensions, Brazilian blowouts, coloring, up-dos and haircuts for men, women and children. Call 412-220-6080 for an appointment or visit www.luxehairsalonpgh.com for details.
• Vape Crusades has opened at 522 Washington Ave., Bridgeville in a former hair salon, offering rebuildable atomizers and more than 30 custom-blended flavors of e-liquid cigarettes. Local art is being solicited for decorating the walls and local musicians can inquire about playing at open-mic nights. Call 412-319-7087 for further information.
• Bower Hill Swim Club, Scott Township is celebrating 50 years in business. The five-acre complex has a heated main pool, baby pool, water slide, volleyball pit, tetherball, playground, beach chairs, and a concession stand. Visit www.bowerhillpool.com for further information.
Other local new business incorporations as compiled from recent state filings include:
• Pitt Solutions, 505 Chestnut St., Carnegie (commercial cleaning)
• Advanced Biofuels, 2 Dorrington Road, Carnegie (biofuels)
• JR Soft Solutions, 100 Chatham Park Drive, Green Tree (consulting, training)
• NAI Pittsburgh, 875 Greentree Road, Building 3, Suite 102, Green Tree (management and sale of real estate)
• Saltzburg Consulting Group, 167 Black Oak Dr., Green Tree (IT consulting)
• MSP Construction, 401 Holiday Drive, Green Tree (real estate)
• Warroom Media, 3594 Washington Pike, Bridgeville (radio and TV show advertisements)
• Mowers in Motion, 208 Coulter St., Bridgeville (landscaping).
Butterfly Bandits fundraiser
Scott Township-based Butterfly Bandits, founded in 2012 by local resident Christine Sypien, a thyroid cancer survivor, will host “Country and More for a Cure” at Legacy Lanes, Baldwin Borough, on Aug. 23. All monies raised at the bowling event will be donated to research for the UPMC Multidisciplinary Thyroid Center cancer research team.
Tickets are $40 and include two hours of bowling and an outdoor concert with Pittsburgh's Dawn Savage. For more information or to purchase tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charlotte Smith is a contributing writer for Trib Total Media and can be reached at 724-693-9441 or email@example.com.