Heidelberg couple celebrates golden anniversary
Sylvia (Czarniecki) and Ted Gazda of Heidelberg will celebrate their 50th anniversary on Aug. 8.
They were wed 50 years ago at St. Ignatius Church in Glendale. Sylvia and Ted are the parents of three children, Christine Gazda of Ohio, Patti (Rob) Brammer of Ohio and Dan (Dana) Gazda of Texas. They have nine grandchildren. Sylvia and Ted will renew their vows at a Mass followed by a family dinner.
• Happy 50th birthday to JoMarie (Mauti) Tissue of Findlay Township who celebrates on Aug. 11. She is the wife of David and they have two daughters, Gabriella and Kristina. JoMarie is the daughter of Anne Marie and the late Robert Mauti of Cubbage Hill.
• Carmie (Giammatteo) and Clyde Woods of Cubbage Hill celebrate their 42nd anniversary today. They are the parents of four sons, Clyde IV (Meghan), Michael (Samantha), Chad (Natalie) and Chuck. Carmie and Clyde have nine grandchildren, Hallie, Collin, Will, Dylan, William, Erik, Marina, Gianna and Cianna.
• Janie Eger celebrates another year today. Janie is the daughter of the late Paul and Norma Eger and has one son, Wills.
• Happy 49th wedding anniversary to Janie (Chilton) and Frank Tokar of Glendale who celebrate today. Janie and Frank are the parents of Tracie, Joe (Laura), and Cathy (Lonnie) Lamb. They also have three grandchildren, Eva, Olivia and Zack.
• Happy 83rd birthday to Walter Sherba of Heidelberg who celebrates today. Walter has been married to Patricia for 56 years. Patricia and Walter are the parents of four daughters, Marianne (Squire) Mulholland of Collier Township, Terri (Tom) Galante of Mt. Lebanon, Joani Flanagan of South Fayette and Jennifer (Craig) Dunn of Collier Township. They also have seven grandchildren.
• Joan (Walsh) and Eugene Loniero of Cubbage Hill will celebrate their 57th anniversary on Aug. 10. They are the parents of six children, John (Barbara), Jim (Amanda), Anita (Jim), Lisa, Maria (Brad) and Marc. Joan and Gene have seven grandchildren, Lia, Nick, Adam, Drew, Emma, Grant and Max.
• Happy birthday to Mark Iacono who celebrates Aug. 12, and to his wife Della who celebrates Aug. 14.
• Peggy (Lamison) Crawshaw of Carnegie celebrates her birthday on Aug. 13. She is the wife of John Crawshaw and mom to Jason (Claire), Brandi (Adam), John Jr. and Cristy. Peggy is proud of her two grandchildren, Seth Ryan and Chloe Margaret.
• A week of celebrations for the Mieczkowski family this week. Mark Mieczkowski celebrates his birthday on Aug. 13, wife Kim (Kennedy) Mieczkowski celebrates her birthday on Aug. 14, and their wedding anniversary is Aug. 11.
• Happy ninth birthday to Jack Catena of Carnegie who celebrates on Aug. 12. Jack is the son of Susan Banaszak and Patrick Catena.
• Erin (Heinrich) and Jake Trombetta celebrated their first anniversary on Aug. 3. Erin is the daughter of Donna and Bob Heinrich of Carnegie and Jake is the son of Chris and Lou Trombetta. They are expecting their first child this year.
• Meghan and Neil Nightengale of Collier Township will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary on Aug. 7. They are the parents of Haley and Dylan.
• LaVerne Black of Cubbage Hill celebrates her 89th birthday on Aug. 11. She is the mother of Sandra Vanags and Bob (Phyllis) Black and grandmother of Doug, Scott, Robbie, Chris and Bill. LaVerne has eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
• Cynthia (Wilson) and Chad Dougherty of Cubbage Hill will celebrate their 11th wedding anniversary Aug. 8.
• Happy anniversary wishes to George and Katie Dezolovich of Chartiers Terrace who celebrate on Aug. 13.
• Happy 59th birthday to Kenny Sutton Jr. who celebrates Aug. 11 from his mother, Alva Mae Spadafore, his girl Christine Turney, his daughter Brittany, and her boyfriend Don, and his son Ken Sutton, and his girlfriend, Ashley. Ken welcomed two new grandsons within the past year.
• Birthdays this week include, Wendy Burek, Joe Longo, Terra Jablonski, Ann Shimatski, Barbara Kripp-Chilleo, Brooke Spotti, Joyce Reczek Phillips, Ron Coperich, Susan Enrietti Duffy, Gavin Wayne Lieder and Beth Patterson.
• Happy fifth birthday to Max Klein of Carnegie who celebrates on Aug. 9. Max is the son of Bobbie and Sean Klein and has a big brother, Peter.
• Tom and Debbie Giles of Crafton celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary on Aug. 4 in Ocean City, Md. Tom and Debbie have a blended family of six children.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ramps at Carnegie exit to open soon
- Oyler: A trip down memory lane with the Waynesburg & Washington Railroad
- Around Town: Char Valley grad named aquatics director at center
- Carlynton student will light tree to kick off Carnegie Borough holiday season
- Collier officials pave way for The Bible Chapel
- South Fayette site of Philatelic Society’s annual stamp show
- LifeSpan closes senior center in Bridgeville